Ok...I must be bored...writing quotes about dogs:

The reason a dog has so many friends is that

He wags his tail instead of his tongue.

-Anonymous

There is no psychiatrist in the world

Like a puppy licking your face.

-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth

That loves you more than he loves himself.

-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person

Than the average person.

-Andy Rooney

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like

Never washed a dog.

- Franklin P. Jones

If your dog is fat,

You aren't getting enough exercise

-Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy

Because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.

that's almost $21.00 in dog money.

-Joe Weinstein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,

He will not bite you;

That is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

-Mark Twain

Dogs are not our whole life,

But they make our lives whole.

-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count,

Try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket

And then give him only two of them.

-Phil Pastoret

Time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"

or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come

about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"

but I did not once feel slighted.

......Some of my saddest moments have been

brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the

day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog,"

then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the

future, the fond memories of the past, and the

pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog", but the thing that gives me humanity and

keeps me from being"just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog"

just smile...

because they "just don't understand."

Edited by E-Fishin-C

It also helps if the dog is a natural clown...

http://www.bergall.org/temp/ella/262.jpg

And wants to help with yardwork...

http://www.bergall.org/temp/ella/ella-12.jpg

Of course after yard work there's some cleanup needed...

http://www.bergall.org/temp/ella/ella-14.jpg

My dog didn't care if I had bad breath.

My dog was always happy to see me when I came home from work

My dog never talked back

My dog had its own personality

My dog loved company and affection

My dog was always curious

My dog did what it was told...unlike my kids

My dog kept my kids company when they were at home sick or alone

My dog wanted to know and to be where everyone else was

My dog was protective of the inside of the house and kids

My dog had pups and the kids learned and watched in amazement

My dog loved the car and to travel

My dog was part of the family and was worth the time

My dog lived to the age of 17

:2cents:

For years we had Lab's Black and white. Carol had a Pug and a Boston terrier. The previous owner of my side car had a White Lab( I know because of all the air under the floor mats) and he used to take the dog in his sidecar up to the Adirondack.:thumbsup2:

Guest RawHide
The reason for my sanity and INSANITY.....

She was so well behave when we delivered her to your front door and she seem at home right away!

Guest Tailfeather
For years we had Lab's Black and white. Carol had a Pug and a Boston terrier. The previous owner of my side car had a White Lab( I know because of all the air under the floor mats) and he used to take the dog in his sidecar up to the Adirondack.:thumbsup2:

and i still miss my pug! others were right about not quite understanding the "just a dog thing". i am kinda' sorta' lookin' aroun' for another pug - maybe a black one.... just in case anyone might know someone who needs to donate an older dog or puppy or something anything. i can't let my partner know that i have posted this, so i'm just knda' sorta' not committing to nuttin' really, really, ya know what i mean?? kinda'?

:12101:

and i still miss my pug! others were right about not quite understanding the "just a dog thing". i am kinda' sorta' lookin' aroun' for another pug - maybe a black one.... just in case anyone might know someone who needs to donate an older dog or puppy or something anything. i can't let my partner know that i have posted this, so i'm just knda' sorta' not committing to nuttin' really, really, ya know what i mean?? kinda'?

:12101:

Wait a minute!!!

The reason for my sanity and INSANITY.....

Tom

I knew I liked you for a reason.

I have two Bassetts one, male, Rufus, is getting quite old he just turned 12 and my female is named Copper who is not quite 8.

I have had Rufus for some time and love him as much as any person I have ever known. I didn't understand why people refered to there pets as a sweetheart then I got Rufus and he is really a sweetheart.

I'm a bit more attached to Rufus because I have had him longer. I had a friend buy Copper for me when I was in the Middle East in 2006. She is the whiner and Rufus is the barker. He just talks to me and I know he is sure I understand him.

Our Baby She's so big!!! What are you complaining about didn't you used to be a dog trainer or did the dogs train YOU??? LOL:witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

HOUNDS....The better the nose , the smaller the BRAIN..This one is not being trained for field work, hence why she is so much trouble. She needs a job....and the snot to be run out of her in the field....other than that, she is a great cuddler...wouldn't trade her for the world.......she still is at the age where she gets in a lot of trouble if not babysat.....We love her to death...she will not let Taters and I smooch, SHE WILL GO NUTS AND TRY TO GET IN BETWEEN US...VERY FUNNY:rotf: :fnd_(16):

I have owned dogs all my life. But only Beagles. In fact, I just lost the best beagle that was ever part of our family. It was TOUGH!!!

On a lighter note, my only surviving Beagle, Buster is FAMOUS (well kinda). Louie (my best Beagle) and Buster were in a book about Beagles. Louie is in the book over 30 times and Buster actually made the COVER OF THE BOOK. The book is available at Amazon.com.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Beagle-Owners-Survival-Guide-Benchmark/dp/0944875777]Amazon.com: The Beagle: An Owner's Survival Guide (Benchmark Series Book) (9780944875773): Diane Morgan: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5193HQQJ8XL.@@AMEPARAM@@5193HQQJ8XL[/ame]

Here's a few pics of Louie and Buster including the one they used on the book cover. The two dogs together are Louie and Buster. Louie would have been about 3 years old and Buster was still a pup...maybe 3-4 months. You can tell I ain't proud of my buds.