IGNORED

Who is still riding?

MikeZ06Allen

Been really busy lately.

Did a lot of backing them out of the garage, starting them, letting them run, checking them out, and putting them back up again.

Rode a couple of hours today with some "old guy" buddies.

Temps ranged from the the 40s up to the 50s as the ride went on.

I've got some off days coming up next week. Been in withdrawals:bang head: too long. Gotta get my fix !!!

I'm still riding here..

Rode about 110 miles yesterday. It is ssnowing now and calling for 27 degrees tonight, so riding tomorrow wont happen...Saturday it is going to be sunny and 41 degrees, so I will most likely ride then.

If I DID ride in the winter around here on the Venture I would have to High Pressure wash it EVERY time I rode it. Just to get the PURE SALT off of it before it completely devours it. The stuff NY puts down anymore would eat a hole in the Bismark in no time. This bare road policy at whatever cost can't be good for anything. The roads are still slushy well below freezing thats how potent it is. Now getting back to the question "Still Riding". NO. But good to hear anyway. {There is hope}.:D

Just curious, as I get lots of strange comments from perfect strangers, as to why I am still riding my VR in the middle of winter.

I try to ride everyday that is free of snow and ice so I was wondering who else is enjoying those nice brisk morning/evening rides?

Mike,

there are a few of us that ride here in VA. Venturing Sole rides to work almost daily. I ride on weekends and to go to Meet & Eats. The Bugfishes ride often...etc I have riden to meet and eats when the High Temp for the weekend was 22*F. i love my heated jacket liner.

I'm still riding here..

Rode about 110 miles yesterday. It is ssnowing now and calling for 27 degrees tonight, so riding tomorrow wont happen...Saturday it is going to be sunny and 41 degrees, so I will most likely ride then.

See Eck,

I told ya you should have come with me! It's already up to +31 her at Squid's in Conroe. Sun is suppose to be out shortly. :stickpoke:

Gunboat is suppose to be here shortly and we are off to Rockport...:178:

Mike,

there are a few of us that ride here in VA. Venturing Sole rides to work almost daily. I ride on weekends and to go to Meet & Eats. The Bugfishes ride often...etc I have riden to meet and eats when the High Temp for the weekend was 22*F. i love my heated jacket liner.

I haven't invested in a heated jacket or anything for that matter. I just wear lots of layers. I must confess I probably would not still be riding if my bike did not have a full fairing and heat vents,

It is awesome so many folks are still enjoying their rides even in the winter.

Drop me a PM or email if anyone is in the NOVA area.

I'm lucky to have indoor parking that never freezes so I don't winterize and I am always ready for a run when the temp rises above freezing and the roads dry up. That often happens at least once a month through our winter here in the Toronto area. Unfortunately, the weather has been bad since New Years, when I last rode.

I'm lucky to have indoor parking that never freezes so I don't winterize and I am always ready for a run when the temp rises above freezing and the roads dry up. That often happens at least once a month through our winter here in the Toronto area. Unfortunately, the weather has been bad since New Years, when I last rode.

--- and I guess it will be a while before the roads are clear enough to ride - just now heard on the news that there was a hundred car pileup with several fatalities only 70 miles from here due to bad winter weather.

I ride pretty much all year, though I do avoid (1)snow, (2) ice, (3) rain/wet roads WHEN it's cold ('cause it'll BE ice in some places):Bunny2:. Temps don't bother me too much, I've got good gear and I wear it. If it's in the 30's or cooler I break out the electric vest and socks, otherwise, just suit up and ride. (Unfortunately THIS year we're having a lot (for Kentucky) of snow, so that's cut down on saddle time a good bit...

Mike,

From Fairfax to Pentagon 5 days a week/50 weeks a year (almost), and the occasional ride with the "Duke". Heated gloves and home made heated jacket get accelerated wear, yet my soldering skills have not improved equally.:doh:

Well hello there!!!!

This is Papaw Len, over yonder in the Blue Ridge mountains of Ellijay,Ga. I have had some fun riding in the snow, abet very slowly and with a good deal of caution. The training wheels help loads. Thought of using the heating blanket with a converter hooked to the batt. Wife will not let me have the blanket !! Oh well, such is life.

Have a Jesus filled day and always remember.

":grandpa:If you continue to think as you always have, you will continue to get what you've always gotten"

My rule is 30 degrees, any colder than that and I have to talk myself into climbing on.

We are just recovering froma a bit of snow and ice so I haven't been on since Wed. Looking good all week so I will probably ride most of it.

I love to ride and really don't care what the temps are. I have plenty of clothing and leather, no problems.

Dr. Psycho

Scooter Bob has been riding a few times this year so far. First was New Years Day which is an annual tradition. The second time was about two weeks ago. BUT>>> he has also purchased a Yamaha Venture snowmobile and has dragged me out in the cold for some fun in the snow. This is my first time riding a snowmobile in years but we try to get out on the weekends when the trails are open. Have been having fun with this new season of Venture riding. Til later,

Karen and Scooter Bob.