IGNORED

eBay seller - not nice at all

SilvrT

Just a "heads up" for ya'll ...

I bought an item on ebay today from i5motorcycle. It was a set of chrome fluid caps (brake and clutch).

He had a couple different styles and another seller also listed them. The shipping charges on his 2 items varied by $6 and by $8 between him and the other seller.

When I questioned him about the variance (over 2 emails), his 2nd reply was...

Dear silvrt,

Are you going to whine in my ear much longer? What do you want mre to do? Please keep the whining to yourself.

- i5motorcycle

Anyone else here have dealings with this seller?

Perhaps you might want to NOT have any if this is his way of responding.

I bought an item on ebay today from i5motorcycle. It was a set of chrome fluid caps (brake and clutch).

He had a couple different styles and another seller also listed them. The shipping charges on his 2 items varied by $6 and by $8 between him and the other seller.

Dear silvrt,

Are you going to whine in my ear much longer? What do you want mre to do? Please keep the whining to yourself.

- i5motorcycle

I am not condoning his very unprofessional response. That is not the way to get repeat business. And as this thread will prove, 1 dissatisfied customers will lead to 20 others hearing about it. (Many more in this case). But I think most of us have had a bad day now and then.

What I would say for him is he has 87,000 + feedbacks and a 99.9% rating.

Also, the covers I see he has listed, are only $20 for the pair and seem fairly nice for the price.

I have never bought from him, so this is only from viewing his active auctions and profile.

He has 1700 + items listed now.

For comparison, Pinwall, which many here have said is great, has 87,000 + feed backs with a 99.3% rating.

Gary

He has offered to refund me the shipping cost. Unfortunately, for him, I don't like the sour taste left in my mouth from this. Since the item has already shipped I've told him he can make the refund or not, it really doesn't matter and won't change my position. A difference of 6 or 8 bucks just doesn't "buy me".

I was not initially disputing anything... just asking him a simple question. If he was having a bad day, then he can let this be a lesson that he needs to separate his "issues" from his business dealings.

Ya'll can make your own choices as to whether or not you want to do business with him ... I'm just letting you know what happened.

Rick, take a deep breath.... It may very well be the method of shipping. Some large sellers use FEDEX, and it's usually around $7-8 bucks. Some of the smaller sellers will stick the smaller items in a flat rate priority box and charge $5 bucks. The guys that really will piss me off is the one that want's $75 bucks to ship an item that should only take $10-$15. I report them to Ebay if I have the time and am bored.... :)

Something else to consider is that in the last 12 months, the seller has had 41,714 feed backs left. This is only feed backs left, a lot of people don't leave feedback on ebay when they complete a transaction. So this implies his ebay sales have been somewhat higher than this number.

41,714 divided by 250 (the average working days in a year) = 166 transactions a day.

This would almost certainly mean this is not a one man operation.

Perhaps you got a disgruntled, or minimum wage employee, that didn't give a rats ass.

Using Pinwall as a reference point, they have had 42,935 feed backs in 12 months. I have been to Pinwalls store and they have a number of employees, not sure how many though.

When I ship stuff using paypal, it marks items as shipped as soon as I run the shipping label, even though they are still laying on my desk. Paypal shipping also sends buyer an email saying item is shipped at same time.

I empathize with your dissatisfaction at a rude reply to your request for information, but the reply you received is not indicative of this sellers overall reported reputation.

Gary

SilvrT.

It is not uncommon for shipping on e-bay to vary considerably between sellers. It is wise to check this before buying. When you inquired about his shipping costs was this before or after you bought? If it was after did you tell him what you wanted for a resolution? Or were you just making a complaint? If it was just a complaint with no resolution expected one e-mail is generally enough. So I can see both sides to this. And while I agree his public relations could use some improvement he did refund your money. Personality aside he stood behind his product. On e-bay that's about it.

Mike

Dear silvrt,

- i5motorcycle

Man, give someone their 15 minutes of fame in some soup commercial and they become a Diva!!!!

:whistling::rasberry::rasberry::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Man, give someone their 15 minutes of fame in some soup commercial and they become a Diva!!!!

:whistling::rasberry::rasberry::crackup::crackup::crackup:

i think it's the tim the toolman taylor "tim allen" voice over on the commercial that makes ruffy the "DIVA":rotfl::hihi::witch_brew::doh::mo money:

I've got to be honest with you. If I had received that response, I would have been very ticked off about it. BUT....it happened to you and therefore, I have to admit that it was a teeny bit funny. :)

That being said, I would not buy from him again if he had responded that way to me.

SilvrT.

It is not uncommon for shipping on e-bay to vary considerably between sellers. It is wise to check this before buying. When you inquired about his shipping costs was this before or after you bought? If it was after did you tell him what you wanted for a resolution? Or were you just making a complaint? If it was just a complaint with no resolution expected one e-mail is generally enough. So I can see both sides to this. And while I agree his public relations could use some improvement he did refund your money. Personality aside he stood behind his product. On e-bay that's about it.

Mike

Firstly, let me claify ... this seller has 3 variations of the product. One is plain chrome, the other two are embossed. The shipping charges are different.

I placed the order and then noticed the discrpancy.

Then I sent them a message enquiring about the discrepancy and asking for the lesser amount.

I then found the same product by a different seller and the shipping charges were even less.

I sent another message to the seller, simply noting that "another seller" was selling the same product and charging almost 8 bucks less for shipping and I "wondered" why there was such a variance when both sellers were shipping the same product and their locations were in the same general area (California).

In my mind it surely can't vary that much to ship the same item from the same place to my location.

That was when I got the rude message back from them

In any event, he has shipped the item and refunded ALL my money. Frankly I feel badly about that as I fully expected to pay what the item is worth. So, I have emailed him back explaining that and requesting he provide me with an adjusted amount and a method to pay him.

It really boiled down to a simple molehill that has turned into a mountain over that seller's rudeness. Had he apologized, it could all have been avoided. Had he not responded the way he did, none of this would have happened.

I get a little "huffy" myself sometimes but regardless of that sellers reputation and statistics, I'm not one to sit back and take crap thrown at me for no reason either. Been there, done that a few too many times in my 64 years on this planet.

I've got to be honest with you. If I had received that response, I would have been very ticked off about it. BUT....it happened to you and therefore, I have to admit that it was a teeny bit funny. :)

That being said, I would not buy from him again if he had responded that way to me.

let'em have it boss!!:duck::rotfl:

Go ahead Don.... get your chuckles at my expense... just remember, I'm coming to Cody and I will have my revenge all planned out.... :rotf: :rotf:

:sign just kidding:

On Ebay, shipping is always a variable, one that you should be checking on, on every item you bid on, and figuring into the total cost. The seller has a right to charge whatever he wants for the shipping, as long as he tells you straight in the items description. It does tick you off when the shipping is high on a low cost item, but you don't have to bid on it if you don't like the shipping rate. The sellers response sure could have been more tactful, but if he stated shipping costs in the description, and you bid on it knowing that, why should he have to negotiate shipping after the sale, because someone else will ship for less??

Just my $.02, and you get free shipping ...... :mo money:

Wow. That is pretty lame. I actually ordered a set from this seller a while ago. It arrived in something like 3 days or whatever. I am pretty sure the shipping was reasonable and on par with their other products. I never interacted with them but if I did and got a response like that I sure as heck would not have purchased from them. I usually spend a bit of time looking at all of the feedback etc etc.

What I did like about this seller was:

1) Product showed up AS DESCRIBED

2) They left feedback as soon as I paid for the product; that is, as soon as MY end of the deal was done. I left it for them as soon as I received and inspected the product.

3) The product was shipped quickly (as promised in the listing)

Anyhoo, that was my experience with this particular seller.

I too pass up any seller that has unreasonable shipping costs. I certainly don't mind paying for the item to be shipped, but I have a problem with that being used as a tool to reduce the selling price of the item itself.

Thanks for the heads up though Souperstar.

On Ebay, shipping is always a variable, one that you should be checking on, on every item you bid on, and figuring into the total cost. The seller has a right to charge whatever he wants for the shipping, as long as he tells you straight in the items description. It does tick you off when the shipping is high on a low cost item, but you don't have to bid on it if you don't like the shipping rate. The sellers response sure could have been more tactful, but if he stated shipping costs in the description, and you bid on it knowing that, why should he have to negotiate shipping after the sale, because someone else will ship for less??

I agree absolutely with what you are saying but what is the harm in asking such a question?

I guess I don't see asking the question as an automatic start for a negotiation of the asking price. :think:

With that said, whenever I go to sell something I set the price at what I feel is a fair market value and leave it at that. I let people know up front that I am not really into playing the 'negotiation games'. If someone wants to make an offer, I expect some justification as to why I should accept their offer or compromise my asking price. I am a very logically minded person.

When I go to purchase something, if I do not like the asking price I will lay out my offer with the same information on hand and set it up as such. I have found that this approach frustrates some sales people as they seem to be caught off guard by it sometimes, but I also have never had a problem with the salesman asking for some time to get back to me.

Probably a different conversation for a different thread though.

Edited by LilBeaver

unreasonable shipping costs.

Thanks for the heads up though Souperstar.

Like I think I said in other posts, I originally made the purchase knowing full well what the shipping cost was...but immediately afterwards noticed a "discepancy" and questioned him on it. I was fully prepared to pay the original fee if necessary. It was simply his response to my inquiry that tikked me off.

and, you're very welcome peasant! :rasberry: :rotf:

You agreed to buy at that price and then after the fact complained about the shipping. Never mind. I'm not going to say anything.

OH c'mon... I was NOT complaining... jeeez!!

Furthermore, as a buyer, I have a RIGHT to complain if I wish. Tell me you never complain about anything, before, during or after the fact... :witch_brew:

krispy, I already addressed this... read my other posts.