IGNORED

Winter storm has passed but left beauty!

Sylvester

The near impossible happened Christmas day to many of us in the SE, and that meant a lot of snow (last snow on Christmas locally was 1947). I have no problem with it since I am originally from Nebraska, but the locals want to drive just as fast as in the summer heat. We have had lots of wrecks and injuries. I for one just stayed home Sunday.

I'm jealous.

That is what my back yard should look like.

Up here in WI, I still have grass showing.:stickpoke::confused24::stirthepot:

My car hasn't been started for a week!! No driving in SNOW!!!! This must be what it is about!!!

I never miss an opportunity to out and drive in the snow. Its fun.

I envy you also. I miss the white Christmas' we used to have in Oregon. But for sure the people down here couldn't handle it. The roads would be one big parking lot or junk yard !! hope everyone had a Merry Holiday, and here's wishing all a great New Year !!!

The winter storm spared us over here. We only got 2 inches and was quickly blown away by the wind. The drawback now is the wind chill and this may feel like in the lower teens to single digits overnight.

Unfortunately, winter has just begun and we are not close of being 'out of the woods'.

I was laughing my butt off watching the national news this morning!! less than 2 feet of snow and they are paraylized!! Listened to the report on stranded subway passengers being devestated because there are no bathrooms available. Last month there wre drivers stranded on the NY Thruway for over 24 hrs. One year Buffalo got 7 Feet in 24 hours!!! The worst Buffalo ever had was the Blizzard or '77 which shut down the entire region for a week and the National Guard had to be called out to dig us out!

Not belittling their plight as I do understand they are not used to it, just find it amusing the chaos that what we would call a normal snowstorm has caused...

Where i live in the NE, it's just another storm. Ho hum. We have had 60" so far this month and that is about half what we get for the whole winter, so I think it's going to be a long winter here in NY. Why do people go out in this kind of weather and not be prepared? Doesn't anyone ever listen to the TV or radio anymore?? Duh. They knew about this storm for a week ahead of time.

Jim

I'm jealous.

That is what my back yard should look like.

Up here in WI, I still have grass showing.:stickpoke::confused24::stirthepot:

I never miss an opportunity to out and drive in the snow. Its fun.

A few trips in these West Virginia hills with our twisties might change your mind!! I enjoy driving in it but there is always some Idiot..... Probally from out of state:stirthepot:

I hate snow..........!:biker:

I can relate to that statement.

For you Southerns I guess it's pretty when you get it once or twice every few years, but when you are stuck with the snow and the COLD for 3 or 4 months it's not so pretty anymore. :cold:

I can relate to that statement.

For you Southerns I guess it's pretty when you get it once or twice every few years, but when you are stuck with the snow and the COLD for 3 or 4 months it's not so pretty anymore. :cold:

Exactly why I moved from Omaha, NE in 1986! I have only seen snow three times since then. I don't miss it and I love the normally decent winter climate of NC.

:farmer: