IGNORED

We're home finally!!!

mini-muffin

Some of you know Muffin went to CA with his aunt to help her move. Well then he flew to NY to my folks house and I rode up to meet him for Christmas. No big deal, till we leave. Headed out today at 6:30 am and got home by 7 PM. No snow till we were off of 1 in DE, then nothing but snow all the way home. Couldn't see the road in spots, we'd finally see something that resembles a line on the road and get excited. (scary when you aren't sure where the road is and where the ditch is)We actually drove on 64 in VA at 20 mph and at times that felt too fast. Was a bit scary, but it also looks really pretty here. Everything is covered in snow all the trees my front door all white. Of course it will be melting because by saturday it's gonna be up near 60 for our annual meet.

All in all it was a great weekend even with the little bump of snow. (ok not so much a bump) Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you don't have too much snow for the folks on the east coast. That wind is gonna be awful. I did get some nice pics I'll have to post a little later.

Margaret

Yeah we had the 4 WD thankfully. They didn't plow Snug Harbor Rd. but then they never do.

We know all about the storm heading to NY we drove through it on it's way up. I think my whole family need to mover closer, to make it easier on me. I think we have about 8 " here and it's still snowing plus I know it started off as rain yesterday. I'll get some pretty pics posted tomorrow. I took some pics of the dismal swamp visitors center and state park. That was our last potty break. :Laugh:

Margaret

Ok here's a few pics from the trip home yesterday. The first few are from Chesapeake VA on Hwy 17 which comes through the dismal swamp. Then a couple from the rest stop in the dismal swamp. You can see part of the sign for the Park that's attached.

The last ones are our yard. Since I've lived here I don't remember them getting this much snow here. I'm thinking it might take a little longer then normal for the snow to melt.

Margaret

Drove home from tidewater and I-64 was a mess. They were calling for lots of snow here but it never turned out. Just got a light dusting. Yorktown got 14" it was snowing thru richmond. then nothing the rest of the way. so far i think hertford NC has gotten more snow this year then up here near DC

I don't know that they got any snow down there. I wouldn't worry since you'd be traveling down 95 and that's always clear especially by then. Plus the outlet mall takes care to get rid of the snow or no business. Not like our area, though 17 is kinda clear except where we have snow blowing off the fields. Our main road though is still bad to drive on. We're planning on riding the bike for the meet though.

Margaret

The snow don't scare me it's the way these folks drive in it that scares me. Come on down and experience it for yourself. Oh the joy. :Laugh:

Margaret

Like my dad used to say there are

id-jutts every where. LOL

I don't get why people think they could or should drive the regular speed limit in that stuff. It has always amazed me. But what the heck!

Enjoy it while it lasts!

We got more if you need it!:banana::banana::banana:

Bubber

Edited by Bubber
spelling what else

Ok here's a few pics from the trip home yesterday. The first few are from Chesapeake VA on Hwy 17 which comes through the dismal swamp. Then a couple from the rest stop in the dismal swamp. You can see part of the sign for the Park that's attached.

The last ones are our yard. Since I've lived here I don't remember them getting this much snow here. I'm thinking it might take a little longer then normal for the snow to melt.

Margaret

Hmmm. Not sure I understand the problem. Looks like a normal driving day here in MN. :rotfl: :stirthepot: :duck:

:mytruck: