IGNORED

high cost of chrome

massey130

is it just me that thinks that 63.00 dollars is high for thesw gas tank grommet covers.

I know business folks need to make a profit, but meeza-thinks this is hiway rubbery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-BILLET-FUEL-TANK-MOUNT-COVERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414b105f45QQitemZ280432238405QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://i.ebayimg.com/19/!Bgdvd5QB2k~$(KGrHqEOKkUEryhRc-oWBLFZC63QGw~~_12.JPG

Ya they are a tad expensive......but if you don't get them there will be a day when they won't be available like the other items that have been discontinued. I think they add a safety reflection to the side of the tank area where there are no reflectors........safety chrome:big-grin-emoticon: See how they stand out on my sig picture!

Keith

Everything for these bikes is expensive...it really irritates me when they charge like this and the items are plastic!

Everything for all bikes is expensive, just like RVs, boats, airplanes and all the other big boy toys. It's just a part of happiness.:thumbsup2:

The EPA WILL NOT issue a permit for the NEW operation of an Ornamental Chrome Plating Shop in the United States any more because of the chemicals used in the plating process. The only way to have your own chrome plating business is to BUY OUT another Chrome Plating Business. If a Chrome Plating Shop goes out of business, and doesn't sell the EPA Permit, that is one less Chrome Shop left in the U.S. The EPA permit costs per year range from $10,000.00 to $150,000.00 depending on how much waste material "exits" the shop.

Now, here is my disclaimer, Industrial Chrome Plating (Hard Chrome) permits are different and still available as are permits for Cadmium Plating, and Anodizing of Aluminum.

Galvanizing permits are a bit tough to get but still available, although very expensive.

Another EPA permit that is almost impossible to get is a Leather Tanning Permit because of the use of cyanide (poison) in the tanning process. That is why almost all leather products come from third world countries.

Just an FYI as to why the cost is so high. This is one of the reasons why manufacturers are going to "Chromed Plastic" (Much Different, less caustic Process) and powder coated metal parts. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Guest scarylarry
The EPA WILL NOT issue a permit for the NEW operation of an Ornamental Chrome Plating Shop in the United States any more because of the chemicals used in the plating process. The only way to have your own chrome plating business is to BUY OUT another Chrome Plating Business. If a Chrome Plating Shop goes out of business, and doesn't sell the EPA Permit, that is one less Chrome Shop left in the U.S. The EPA permit costs per year range from $10,000.00 to $150,000.00 depending on how much waste material "exits" the shop.

Now, here is my disclaimer, Industrial Chrome Plating (Hard Chrome) permits are different and still available as are permits for Cadmium Plating, and Anodizing of Aluminum.

Galvanizing permits are a bit tough to get but still available, although very expensive.

Another EPA permit that is almost impossible to get is a Leather Tanning Permit because of the use of cyanide (poison) in the tanning process. That is why almost all leather products come from third world countries.

Just an FYI as to why the cost is so high. This is one of the reasons why manufacturers are going to "Chromed Plastic" (Much Different, less caustic Process) and powder coated metal parts. :thumbsup2:

Earl

When did this go in affect?

CHROME IS A GOOD THING! AND THOSE GAS TANK MOUNT COVERS REALLY DRESS UP A DARK AREA ON THE BIKE.

YOU COULD ALSO INVEST IN A SET OF MY DIAMOND CUT CYLINDER COVERS AND ENGINE MOUNTS!!

SHAMELESS PLUG:scratchchin:

$400.00 SWAP/ BLACK OR SILVER IN STOCK

MIKE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmAAaXI8riY]YouTube - Trace Adkins - Chrome[/ame] this is the one !!!

Tracy Adkins

Chrome, She can see herself In the shiny grill and the

Wire wheels of a red Chevelle with four on the floor and the top down

Chrome, zippin' by on an Electra Glide

With dual tail pipes doin' 105 in the broad daylight

On a two-lane headin' outta town

Forget Pink and purple paisleys

little mellow-yellow daisies

Ain't no pot of gold in her rainbow

Her favorite color is ..Chrome

Chrome, got her leg up high

on the bumper of my big black Mack truck