IGNORED

Vacation Plans.

ken

A buddy and I plan to head out on June 29 and head into Canada for a four day trip. We will cross in Windsor and take rt3 (Talbott Trail) to Niagara Falls the first day and then wing it from there. We plan to go north from the falls to a little town called McDougal, and them toward Sault St Marie where we'll cross back in to Michigan. I do hope to have time to make it the the PIE CO. in Traveres City MI. From anyone up there are there any must sees or roads to ride?:scratchchin:

In Michigan the tunnel of trees is a must, it's right on the way as your heading south through the upper part of the lower peninsula towards Traverse City, 119 if memory serves me right.

While your heading south if you hit I75 @ Birch Run there is a place called Tony's. Go with a huge appetite as you wont believe the portions. If you have time while your in the upper peninsula go to Tahquamenon Falls, it's beautiful. Lots of neat things in the upper part of Michigan :thumbsup2:

Should meet you in St Thomas and then lead you through some nice spots of S. Ontario,,, or I could just put a route on GPX files and send it to you. It could take all day and then some to get from Windsor to the Falls, or you could do it in about 4 hours on the super slab.

That first day will be a long one if not two if you make any stops along the way.

After leaving the falls and heading into Northern Ontario, if you were to take off into the Muskoka's there is some beautiful riding in that area.

Ride from Sudbury to the Sault is nice but heading North from the Sault is nicer.

Mukokas reading info

http://www.traveltomuskoka.com/muskoka.htm

http://www.discovermuskoka.ca/things_to_do.php?s=50&r_ro=0

Sounds like a nice trip.

Brad

Ken, no doubt you will have more suggestions and offers than you will have time for. Here is another offer. Our cottage property (near Nipissing, Ontario) is about 75 miles NE from McDougal, with some good roads in betwean. Let me know if you are interested in making this a possible stopover.

A buddy and I plan to head out on June 29 and head into Canada for a four day trip. We will cross in Windsor and take rt3 (Talbott Trail) to Niagara Falls the first day and then wing it from there. We plan to go north from the falls to a little town called McDougal, and them toward Sault St Marie where we'll cross back in to Michigan. I do hope to have time to make it the the PIE CO. in Traveres City MI. From anyone up there are there any must sees or roads to ride?:scratchchin:

In Michigan the tunnel of trees is a must, it's right on the way as your heading south through the upper part of the lower peninsula towards Traverse City, 119 if memory serves me right.

While your heading south if you hit I75 @ Birch Run there is a place called Tony's. Go with a huge appetite as you wont believe the portions. If you have time while your in the upper peninsula go to Tahquamenon Falls, it's beautiful. Lots of neat things in the upper part of Michigan

:thumbsup2:

I'm thinking we'll spent a entire day in the Upper. It all depends on how the prior few days go. I did the tunnel of trees 5 yrs ago. If I recall we stopped for a bite to eat at a German food place. Can't remember what it was called. The food was not all that good, but the BEER was Cold. I so love a cold beer after a hot day of riding.:starz:

Sounds like a nice trip Ken. Many years ago my brother and I did the loop around Lake Huron and back down to s.e. Mi. Fo me going thru Canada, Upper Michigan, and the norther lower Michigan was the best riding. It was a shorter trip than what you're planing (3 days). Considering that you will be traveling further and even with an extra day to do it, you may be pushing your time frame a bit to get all done and still take in extra "must see " stops. Just alow extra time for any unforseen situations and enjoy the trip.

Larry

PS: I'm just 25 miles west of Windsor so let me know when your in the area. I may even ride with you a ways if you don't mind.

While your heading south if you hit I75 @ Birch Run there is a place called Tony's. Go with a huge appetite as you wont believe the portions. If you have time while your in the upper peninsula go to Tahquamenon Falls, it's beautiful. Lots of neat things in the upper part of Michigan

:thumbsup2:

How would a guy in Texas know all this?:snow2:

About an hour east of the Soo, Canadian side, is a town called Thessalon. Take Highway 129 north out of Thessalon to Chapleau, make sure your gas tanks are full before you leave, gas is available but very pricey....then from Chapleau across to Wawa. In Wawa, head back east to the Soo...what a trip that is!! The scenery from Wawa to the Soo is just amazing, Lake Superior and it's splendor. Watch out for moose!

And I second what Squidley said!

gunk:thumbsup2:

About an hour east of the Soo, Canadian side, is a town called Thessalon. Take Highway 129 north out of Thessalon to Chapleau, make sure your gas tanks are full before you leave, gas is available but very pricey....then from Chapleau across to Wawa. In Wawa, head back east to the Soo...what a trip that is!! The scenery from Wawa to the Soo is just amazing, Lake Superior and it's splendor. Watch out for moose!

gunk:thumbsup2:

Exactly, that would be a nice detour. (About 300 miles)

Brad