IGNORED

Current Lurker, soon to be New Happy Owner!

1FSTZX14

Hello all I am looking ot find a new 2008 Charcoal Silver or 2009 Sandstone/Raven RSV.

I live in WV but am willing to travel some. There is a dealer about 70 miles from me that has the 2009, for $16k. Felt that was pretty high. (input please)

It will be March/April time frame for my purchase, but starting to get ducks in a row now.

If any of you are at your local dealer and notice one of these, please post or email me directly. My local dealers are shady at best for helping locate a bike they won't make any $$$ on.

I currently ride a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14, but can't wait to get back into the slower paced ride of life. I got rid of a Honda Sabre and Kawasaki Concours, 1st gen, when I got the 14, now I want to replace both of those with the RSV. The ZX will not leave, cause there is just something about the "go fast" aspect I can't seem to grow out of.

Thanks for the anticipated help.

Chris

Chris,

Welcome to the site, were glad to have you here. Now if your not too picky on it being brand new, the warranties would still be good for a few more years on used '08 and '09's. Here is an '08 in Ohio for less than $10K

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2459&title=2008-yamaha-royal-star-venture-s-model&cat=4

Others will chime in, but waiting until spring will obviously bring more money to the folks trying to sell their bikes. Be st of luck to you and enjoy the site, there are no dumb questions here.

Guest scarylarry
check this one out in Corinth, MS 2009 for 14,799 sandstone/raven its on Cycle Trader and if you would change your mine and want a 2007 black and blue there are tons of them on there i cant belive how many 07 there is for sale

The dealer is lakehill motors,

http://www.lakehillmotors.com/

Bottom line none of them are moving metal and deals are to be had..

Welcome to the site! You WILL get a lot of help here...I know I have.

but waiting until spring will obviously bring more money to the folks trying to sell their bikes. .

Hence the expression "why wait for spring...do it now!"

It just makes sense that you could save several hundreds of dollars by buying now...at least if you find one in the northern states. I somehow wouldn't think the southern states would have as large a seasonal price difference.

But then...what do I know?

Welcome to the site. The guys will help you out way more then you may want. Just kidding (sort of). Oh better make friends with the WV bunch we have our very own state trooper up that way as well. Good luck with whatever bike you get and you should know we expect pics right away after purchase. Check out the calendar for any events you might be able to make. Oh and you can never leave this site you can try, but it won't work. Oh and we don't apologize for the new addictions you may now have. Sudden urge to purchase chrome, or having to sign on to the site every morning, evening, night, possibly lunch time, typically once or twice on the weekends ( you might need to get some things done), holidays, oh you get the point. ENJOY!!!

Margaret

I bought my '09 S for 17,300 in '09 and that was below retail, dealers cost was 16,500 or thereabouts, reatil was 18,XXX can't remember the exact. Sooo, if it is a brand new scoot with zero miles or so, it probably is worth it.

Welcome aboard and hope to meet ya some time!!

This may be a little far but the ride back would be nice in better weather than now. Abernathy's in Union City, Tn. has their 2011 S listed for 16,494. They also show an 06 in their used department. You can check them out on line. I think you'll like the RSV. Good luck in your search.

Chris,

your request for a "new" 2009s is very simple to find and could be purchased from the yamaha dealer of your choice.

go to your favorite yamaha dealer and ask them to perform a "dealer search" for the model that you want.

every authorized yamaha dealership is required to keep unsold models on this list for this reason.

they can locate the dealer nearest to you and do a dealer to dealer purchase or dealer to dealer trade and get all the normal markup and profits of that model years sale price and you still get the full 5 year warranty....ect...

if your dealer won't do this for you, then give me a call and come to Illinois and buy if from my dealer.... he locates and sells non current models all the time.

the search only takes a few key strokes and don't cost a dime.

mike.

My old bike ('09 Red/Black with 6k miles on it) is at Castle Powersports in Gallatin (Nashville) TN. The bike has braided steel brake lines, steibel air horn, scorpion paging alarm system and both headlight and taillight modulators on it. It's in perfect shape with 3 1/2 years of warranty left on it. Great bike, just not "me". I believe they're asking $13k for it and given the extras it's "better than new". You may want to give Jeff Seibert a call...

Chris,

Welcome to our site. Warning this site is very addictive !:sign20:

Mid State dealer in Flatwoods did have a red / black one still in the crate earlier this fall. I'm not sure what the price would be. Also if you're interested in a slightly used blue and black '07, there was one with 9k miles at the Harley dealer in South Charleston going around $10k (probably negotiable)....