IGNORED

temp up to 50 today, so lets ride

RandyR

partly sunny and 50F today. Supposed to be in the teens with s**w starting tomarrow.

So, i'll be taking the three running bikes alternately out for a run today.

I've been expecting the rear tire on the RSV MM to need changing ever since I came back from Potato Creek, but it hasn't quite got there yet. I have a new one waiting to go on.

Hey Don What happened to that idea that we ban all southerners from post Nov to March????:whistling::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yea, maybe it's time to open that up for discussion again. :whistling:

That would be all your loss, all you would do is complain about the snow. We actually are good for your health, as we bring a bright attitude on the site when you guys are snowed in. Don weren't you actually born down here

:whistling:

Yea...I was born in NE Texas. Eileen convinced me about how WONDERFUL it is in Ohio though so we moved here about 11 years ago. I was duped...DUPED I TELL YA!

Naw....I like it here just fine. There are things that I miss about Texas but I sure like the summers better here. I can be happy pretty much anywhere I suppose.

That's what I said yesterday. Almost 50 and cloudy and got in a couple hours of riding time.

Then I woke up this morning at 3:00 am and it was 30 degrees and some light snow on the ground. By 8:00 am it was down to 13 degrees and snowing sideways. Still blowing white like crazy and they are saying the temps will drop to below zero tonight.

Guess I might as well throw the cover on the bike for a while. Sigh......:bang head:

Well, I did get in a short 2 hour ride this afternoon, It never got as warm as 50, and the sun disappeared about 2:30pm. We're due for low teens temperatures, s**w, and 40mph winds on Sunday. So I got what I could, while I could.

My ride had a purpose, to scout out the gas stations with K1 kerosene for my emergency heater in case power goes out. There don't seem to be as many places carrying it from the pump this year, although I can get it for $10/gallon at Walmart.. :rotf:

I went back to the one I found closest to my house and bought 7 gallons of K1, which is enough to heat the center of the house for 3-4 days.

You know I hate to tell you northerners this but had a great ride tothe beach today then went rode the bike up to Orlando, beautiful day, sunny, and 70 degrees. Tomorrow, I am getting up in the morning and going to do the around-the-lake ride, about a 240 mile ride, and it is supposed to beautiful, and sunny, but have to make it back before dark as it is supposed to rain, maybe, and oh yeah, it is going to get cold, 38 degrees.:stickpoke::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well, I did get in a short 2 hour ride this afternoon, It never got as warm as 50, and the sun disappeared about 2:30pm. We're due for low teens temperatures, s**w, and 40mph winds on Sunday. So I got what I could, while I could.

My ride had a purpose, to scout out the gas stations with K1 kerosene for my emergency heater in case power goes out. There don't seem to be as many places carrying it from the pump this year, although I can get it for $10/gallon at Walmart.. :rotf:

I went back to the one I found closest to my house and bought 7 gallons of K1, which is enough to heat the center of the house for 3-4 days.

I hope ya have a heater that doesnt vent carbon monoxide, I would hate to hear of ya getting gassed because of a bad heater. Becareful with that indoor heating!!!

Sorry for hijacking a thread.

Brian

Hey Randy... I'm with you man. Mamaw and I rode in 45 degree weather yesterday down here in the mountains of N.W. Georgia. Some of you know where Ellijay Ga. is.We are expecting snow tonight. And as for you poor soals up there in the North barring us fortunates in the south during the winter. WELL.... Guess what! WE will continue to ride and you will not be able to have the JOY of hearing about it.

Remember!!! " If you continue to think as you always have." " You will continue to get what you always got"

Papaw len:grandpa:

Spent practically all day out yesterday, starting with the Wreathes Across America ceremony at Canton National Cemetery, then a nice ride, a stop at Hooters for a late lunch, then off to see the grandkids, then back to the ranch by 5pm. Great day for some riding.

Right now it's 41 degrees with a wind chill of 33, and still damp from the overnight showers. Temps will continue to drop throughout the day to a low of 28 and WINDY (probably going to feel like 15!) But I'm still headed out to the Toys for Tots M&E over in Woodstock (heated gear will be on!) and to show off my newly decorated bike for the kids (lots of lights, garland, Santa Bear and even a manger scene on the trunk rack!).

"Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor dark of night"......well, you get the idea. Just hope the rain, sleet and snow don't enter into the equation!! :snow: :rain2:

Guest scarylarry
My son called from Clearwater Fl. the other day and said he was about to freeze to death it was down in the 50's!!!

50 degrees in Florida is cold and Clearwater at 50 is colder coming off the ocean..