IGNORED

Scam or not??

Condor

It is absolutely a scam and not that much different from all the others out there. She never said that you wouldn't have to put the money up...she said that she would not HAVE the money. That simply means that she'll want you to put it into an escrow account and it will for SURE be a fake one. She will have your money immediately and you'll have nothing but a lighter wallet.

What he said.

I looked at a 95 RV Class C motor home in craigslist and emailed the person posting the ad.

Price was like $3500 and the pictures appeared very nice. Anyway, I get a reply with a similar story as this one, but what got me was that this person wanted to complete the deal with a buy it now through Ebay.

It was a scam.

If this is a scam, DAMN!! it's good.

It's an obvious scam (to me). I look at Craigslist too much I guess. What is it that looks so good about it? It's posted in multiple cities, it's too cheap, they want to ship a car and pay the freight costs. I don' see anything that doesn't look like a scam. :think:

• 2 weeks later...

It's a scam! I got the exact same email for the 2004 campanella white beetle. I knew it had to have been too good to be true. I found your post thru a google search of her. The only difference between our emails are the date it needs to be sold by. Mine says Dec. 15.

Shucks, and here I thought that Air Force Major Alicia Irwing (even sent a photo!) REALLY wanted me to buy her 02 Honda Accord for 1200 bucks shipped to me from SPain aboard a C-130! Dang, guess I'll have to try again!

Thank you for your interest in my car.

This is a 2002 Honda Accord EX, 4-cyl engine, 47,300 miles, Automatic, VIN 1HGCG66812A056231 , clean title.

Here you can find more pictures with the car: http://picasaweb.google.com/alicia.irwing/MyHonda?feat=directlink

The vehicle is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are immaculate, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in any kind of accident. The A/C is working very well.

I'm an US Air Force Maj. currently stationed in Spain and the car is here with me. It was brought from US and it still has US registration documents, because I didn't register it here in Spain, taxes are extraordinary high because the car has US specs. It makes more sense buying a used car from here, they are very cheap.

The shipping will take up to 7 business days and you will also have 10 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle from the moment it arrives at your place. I will handle shipping, we have military cargo planes leaving every week. There will be no extra or hidden taxes for you to pay since the car is still registered in US. In case you decide not to keep the car I'm responsible for shipping back costs.

As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone available back home to help me with the sale I decided to sell this car through eBay or craigslist. The transaction will be made entirely through eBay Motors escrow services and we'll both be covered.

The final price is $1,200 including shipping from Spain to the US and delivery to your home address. You will have to pay some eBay taxes too, about $80, so it will come to about $1280 total. If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them. I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great day

P.S. Sorry for the long email I have tried to touch all bases

--

Maj. Alicia Irwing

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hfmgr7.jpg

:sign20: This thing is viral. So a search on Google for and The scam is all over the place. And apparently there are a few folks that are falling for it.....

What I can't understand is that if I can find a lot of them using Google, why can't CL???

Maybe you can take one of those "checks" that the scammers over-pay on an item (which you are supposed to send the extra $$$ back along with your item for sale) and send it to the Maj./Sgt. scammers for those oversea vehicles. Kinda like sending junk mail back in another vendor's pre-paid junk mail envelope. Course, they'll never stop since there will always be someone who'll fall for it.

-Andrew

First of all...What is a DUB Beatle? My father-in-law has a, I think, 1967 Beatle that he will sell. It only has 20 something thousand miles on it. The only rust on it is on the left rear fender which is only surface rust where the weather hits it under the carport where it is stored. Now, he likes his toys, and thinks they are worth a lot more than what they are. But, if you are interested, I can talk to him and get a starting price for you...

First of all...What is a DUB Beatle? My father-in-law has a, I think, 1967 Beatle that he will sell. It only has 20 something thousand miles on it. The only rust on it is on the left rear fender which is only surface rust where the weather hits it under the carport where it is stored. Now, he likes his toys, and thinks they are worth a lot more than what they are. But, if you are interested, I can talk to him and get a starting price for you...

Ask you father in law what a V-Dub Beetle is.... and not interested in an air cooled. Thanks anyway. Leave those to the collectors. I had a '67 once.... There's plenty of New Beetle's within 25 miles of the house.