IGNORED

Really need a ride

Freebird

Woke up early this morning, around 3:30. I've been in Louisville, KY all week and will be heading home later today. It has rained most of the week and traffic and rain really wears me out. Eileen says it has rained off and on all week at home also but the forecast for tomorrow is showing a high of 47 degrees and only a 10% chance of rain. If it's that good, I plan to find the time to get a little ride in. I sure need to spend some time in the wind to clear this old mind...or what's left of it.

Wish I was in the area. I'd meet up with ya for a ride. It's 34 here now and I'm leaving for work in a few minutes on the bike. It's supposed to get to the mid 40's today and I'm not missing a minute of that.

It's only three miles to where I work from my house but it can take me an hour to get there. Co-workers come wandering in grumpy looking and chugging coffee and ask me what I'm grinng about. "I got 50 miles it this morning!" They don't get it.

Now getting home on a nice day...........that can be a long ride indeed.

Does the mind good to get away once in a while don't it.

Hope you can get out for a while. Ride safe.

Mike

Last time I did a refresh ride I had a guy pull right out in front of me and caused me to to a hard quick stop. When I confronted him he said I shouldn't have been going so fast. I was only doing the speed limit!

He just didn't look before he pulled out. Road rage had already taken over me, I was possessed! I am glad it didn't turn into a fight but at that point I didn't care. Just ruined my refresh ride! took hours for the Adrenalin to settle down.

It was 43 when I left home yesterday morning, to meet my Dad for breakfast at a little restaurant that was 3 miles away. After breakfast, it took me about 3 hours to get back home.:happy34: I think it was 48 by then.

I am torn, as I really need to put the bike up for the winter, so that I can do some projects to it, but as long as the weather is letting me ride, I just can't do it! Supposed to be 61 today.

I can truly understand how you feel. I can honestly say that with going thru a divorce after a 41 year marriage and all associated with that, I don't know how well I would have survived had it not been for the therapy I got from the time on the motorcycle. In fact, I put 50% more miles on the bike this year than any in the 15 years I have had this bike.

Whether it was a sunny day or not, there were days when I took off that I just seemed to be riding out from under a big black cloud into beautiful sunshine, and you can't get much better therapy than that. I hope you get in a good ride into a sunny and bright day.:sun1:

RandyA

Got brand new Avon Venoms on mine replacing the OEM bridgestones. Haven't even rode it yet. Learned quite a bit about the bike removing the 2 wheels. Took them to the dealer for mounting/balancing, brought them back home and had everything back together Wed night. Plan to ride after work, change the oil and diff and head out for a 2 day ride to Arkansas. Come join! Upper 40's to 50 for lows and 70's for the highs. Ride safe

Our gun deer season opens this weekend too..............yikes

The amount of traveling you do Don amazes me. Hope you have good weather for a weekend ride and you are able to take advantage of it. Here in Ontario, the onset of colder weather is depressing many of us so I recently went for a 500 mile ride when there was a bit of a break and it sure was therapeutic for me.