IGNORED

deer camp 2010

adventurer 08

I can take two buck and two antlerless and two doe this year by rifle. I couldn't eat that much in five years so I will wait for a buck and/or a nice doe. My deer camp is on my back deck. They come in real close to nest in my fields. All I do is put up a camo cover over the railings on the deck and sit back and wait. Not anything like all the work I used to do for a deer.

:farmer:

I will be leaving for the MI UP on the 17th till the 28th.

We are right on the border so we hunt both MI and WI.

I can eat 5-6 deer a year so I am hoping to fill my freezer.

We have been known to slide the patio door open and make a loud noise in the middle of a football game.......

I just have to drive a mile down into my river bottom land. Not unusual to see 40 deer a day. cant use feeders though. That is a No No here in South Dakota. Gonna miss opening day though. Gotta go watch my niece and the rest of our high school volleyball team in the state volleyball tourney. We are ranked #1 and have a real good shot at back to back titles. I am really proud of her and the rest of the team, so them deer are gonna have to wait till I get back next sunday...........

My deer season is probably already over. Mostly because I don't think I can coerce my son into helping me drag, gut, clean and process anymore deer meat. This was my fastest season so far. The first hunt last Saturday we killed two deer (Big Doe & Spike buck) within the first 15 minutes of day light. Yesterday we killed three (7 pointer, 4 pointer and another large Doe) within the first 15 minutes of daylight. Total hunt time this season, 30 minutes, five deer in the freezer. Freezer is full.

I'm kinda over processing deer meat myself for awhile.

Just got home from pulling our groups stands. The stands were set up for archery and we are in rifle season now. Lasst time we left them in after rifle season started 5 stands were stolen . Needles to say we dont do that any more.

Ive taken 2 already. Small button head and a big bodied 3 pointer. Didnt see anything yesterday but my spot is traditionally a mornig stand and I had to work for 4 hrs first thing in the morning yesterday so didnt get in till 1 oclock.

Good luck everybody for the rest of the season.

David