When I release the clutch on my 99 RSV I get a pop or click from the master cylinder, it appears to me that it is the boot around the push-rod making the noise. I have plenty of fluid and the clutch is working fine except the noise. I never noticed it before today, however I did not have the engine running when I noticed it so it may have been around for awhile. Do I need to start thinking about rebuilding the master cylinder? Has anyone else experienced this? I am planning to change the fluid Sunday to see if that helps. :confused24:

I have not experienced your problem, but I do have an idea about it. In the handle is a brass insert that pivots on the rod that activates the cylinder. I have seen reports that this part wears significantly and becomes out of round. I'd inspect that for problems. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I have not experienced your problem, but I do have an idea about it. In the handle is a brass insert that pivots on the rod that activates the cylinder. I have seen reports that this part wears significantly and becomes out of round. I'd inspect that for problems. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I went around to about half a dozen other bikes at the Tybee Island M&E and each bike makes the same popping noise, so I must have never noticed it before. :confused24:

uh oh ! mine doesn't make the noise... is there anyone with an extra clutch noise they are willing to part with???? sarcasm intended .........

When I release the clutch on my 99 RSV I get a pop or click from the master cylinder, it appears to me that it is the boot around the push-rod making the noise. I have plenty of fluid and the clutch is working fine except the noise. I never noticed it before today, however I did not have the engine running when I noticed it so it may have been around for awhile. Do I need to start thinking about rebuilding the master cylinder? Has anyone else experienced this? I am planning to change the fluid Sunday to see if that helps. :confused24:

Electronics guru looking at doing some mechanical work?:fingers-crossed-emo

Oooooh...scary:rasberry:

Rusty