IGNORED

Satellite Radio?

royalstarjac

Just added a Sirius Sat to mine, bought the Starmate 4 made my own bracket that attaches using part of the original suction cup mount, I added a Cig plug under the fairing and plugged it in there and then put in a stereo splitter for the AUX plug and used that, I have found that the FM transmitter in it can interfere with the CB on some bikes, I know it did when I used one on my trip to TN over the summer.....I ran the antenna up under the fairing and taped it to the dash under the windshield (so far no ill effects and signal stays good).

I have an XM Roady on my bike. I didn't install it but it's mounting bracket was glued to the cassette cover with what looks like Marine 2000 adhesive. I use the Aux plug which is wired into the connector in the front faring. The antenna is mounted on top of the brake reservoir. I used the cigarette lighter power cord and ran it into the front faring where I put a split cigarette lighter socket in, to power my GPS off the same circuit. I have been through some rain storms and it stays pretty dry. You can get a plastic, shower cap type cover to go over it online, just to be safe.

I have the Sirius Sportster4. I love it and did a very clean install using this kit.

http://www.tss-radio.com/professional-motorcycle-install-kit-sirpmk1-p-4430.html

It has the mount for the bars and sits tight to the clutch master under the radio head. It also comes with the direct power connection when if you split the fairing you can attach it and not need to use the lighter. Also use the mini plug and tee the mini jack adaper and you wont have any wires running anywhere except into the fairing. The kit even comes with covers for the radio. VERY CLEAN.

I use XM Radio that plays through my Garmin Zumo. It requires a separate XM antenna (part: GXM-30). The Zumo's audio output is hard-wired into the AUX input, which I installed a splitter so it's wired inside the front fairing and the AUX port on the dash is still live.

Here's a link (w/pictures) for how I installed the XM antenna:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13360

Here's a link for installing the AUX splitter (w/pictures, thanks to Squidley):

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905

I have a Sirius Starmate 4 with the universal mount bracket. That is attached to a mounting kit from J&M. Everything is a permanent mount and all I have to do is pull the radio from the universal bracket to move it to the car. Theonly problem I have had is that the antenna connector in the radio has become "loose" and I need to hold the radio in the bracket with a cable tie or the vibration causes the antenna connections to disappear. Other than that little issue, the thing has worked flawlessly on every trip.

I have pictures of the entire installation process, I just never got around to putting them together into a "Hot-To" yet.

Guest muskrat

Sirius radio - Xact - used the car mounting bracket with the suction cups to the inside of windshield. Pop it on and off bracket to move to and from my truck. Mounted the antenna using a universal mount on the right handlebar. I generally use the auxiliary plug net to the cassette player in fairing dash - but sometimes use the FM transmitter.

Who has installed a Sat radio on their bike? What type did you get? What mounting system? Did you get the type that transmits to the radio, use the accessory plug or hard wire it? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks.-Jack

I have XM Roady 2 on my RSTD I also have Rumble Roads and use the line out of the Roady for the sound. I have a $10.00 volume wheel I use.

I have this mount:

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=RDYRS

One of these so i can quickly switch from bike to cage

http://www.myradiostore.com/mounts-brackets-tools/miscellaneous-mounts/flush-mount.html

I have this antenna:

http://www.myradiostore.com/antennas-cables/for-roady/1-foot-roady-antenna.html

I have a 12volt plug mounted on the handle bar

Mounted:

http://www.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=334&fileid=1466205&groupid=3801&folderid=194696&curRec=1&folderview=thumbs&ck=

Guest sargeb13

runs on the GPS, and works great. Also an XM Roadie-XT which I use in the car and in the house. Mount from Hoon Hardware and cycle gadgets. Great receptioin, no complaints.

Hello

I Droped The Xm Brcouse Every Tree I Went By I Lost Signal So Now I Use A Ipod Witch Hold 7000 Songs And Do Not Pay A Monthly Fee And Dont Her A Song Twice In One Day Ill Never Go Back To Xm Ipod Is The Best

Kevin Wisor

1999 Rsv

Jax Fl

XM and XM Weather via my Zumo 550 . Came with both MC and Cage mounts . GXM 30 antenna for XM mounted on home made platform off my mirror post . I can receive XM while even inside my garage with door shut ! Just a little spotty under a few of the gas pump metal awnings .

BEER30

Hello

I Droped The Xm Brcouse Every Tree I Went By I Lost Signal So Now I Use A Ipod Witch Hold 7000 Songs And Do Not Pay A Monthly Fee And Dont Her A Song Twice In One Day Ill Never Go Back To Xm Ipod Is The Best

Kevin Wisor

1999 Rsv

Jax Fl

I couldn't agree more, when you hear the same song in the same day 2wice...no thanks. I did the same thing as Kevin, an MP3 player and lots of songs to choose from. There's no way I would go back to Sat radio :no-no-no:

I couldn't agree more, when you hear the same song in the same day 2wice...no thanks. I did the same thing as Kevin, an MP3 player and lots of songs to choose from. There's no way I would go back to Sat radio :no-no-no:

Is there a cheap way to download music? The only legal way I know of is itunes at .99 a pop. That can get a mite expensive.-Jack

Is there a cheap way to download music? The only legal way I know of is itunes at .99 a pop. That can get a mite expensive.-Jack

Legally you can put songs from CDs you already own on an MP3 player for yourself..

I like XM because I can change styles of music when my mood changes and I often get to hear songs I've never heard before. There is never anything new on any MP3 player I've loaded for myself.

Jack,

You can take your CD library and download it onto an MP3 player. As far as hearing the same songs again on an MP3 I have over 200 CD's I would be hard pressed to hear the same song in a couple days of riding.

My point is that for me, the XM was worse than some of the FM stations I listen to as far as repeating songs. I wont pay for something that I get for free and now I'm hearing that there is advertising in Sat radio :confused24: Isn't that the point of getting it...no commercials.

Some folks love it, which is obvious by the responces. Freebird loves his, and thats all cool. But I was very disappointed with mine and the "Hype" that it pushed. Bottom line is give it a try for yourself, if you like it great and if not cancel.

BTW I had a Roadie II with a Hoon Hardware mount that fit on the Clutch reservoir cover.

http://www.hoonhardware.com/

frostwire.com is a good free one and then you can load them to your ipod or other MP3 player

Jack,

You can take your CD library and download it onto an MP3 player.

I didn't know that. So I can put a cd in my disc drive and then download to the mp3?

I may go that route for now. I'm thinking about getting a Garmin Zumo 550 next year and they have both xm and mp3 capability. No sense in spending $ on a seperate sat unit now.-Jack

I didn't know that. So I can put a cd in my disc drive and then download to the mp3?

I may go that route for now. I'm thinking about getting a Garmin Zumo 550 next year and they have both xm and mp3 capability. No sense in spending $ on a seperate sat unit now.-Jack

I have all my CD's downloaded into my computer. I just plug in my Mp3 player (Creative Muvo) into the computer and drag whatever songs I want into it. I used the supplied arm strap to attach the player to my bike and connected the speaker outlet to the aux plug on the bike. Works great and I have 2 gb of music to listen to.

I wish I could figure out a way to install a built in radio with XM capabilities and MP3. That would be sweet! Don't need no stinking cd player if you have MP3....:)

Guest ReinyRooster

I have the Startmate 3 and move it back and forth between the bike and car. Love the wide assortment of stations. I enjoy a wide assortment of music styles so with my favourite station programmed in, I never have to hear the same song twice in one day.

and now I'm hearing that there is advertising in Sat radio :confused24: Isn't that the point of getting it...no commercials.

I have been an XM subscriber for three years. Love it. Would never go back to terrestrial radio. There are SOME commercial channels. Most channels that I listen to are commercial free. The only channels I listen to with commmercials are CNN and one of the country channels my daughter likes. The MLB channels carry the home team broadcast so you hear the home team advertisers. If the increased revenue allows XM/Sirius to keep subscription rates down and I still have commercial free channels to choose from, I'm all for it.