IGNORED

Taurus

Monty

I just bought my first Taurus. It's a PT 709 slim, that I intend to carry with a CCW permit. I've never owned a Taurus before, but have heard good things about them. I liked the slim fit, and the weight for carrying.

Anyone have any good or bad stories about Taurus?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking at a Taurus also...but the Millennium Pro .45. I've read great reviews of it online but then the first shop that I stopped at told me that they didn't carry that model because they had too many problems with it. I then went back and did more research and found out that there were indeed some problems when they first came out but they are on the third generation now and are very highly rated.

So...I'm still looking at all my options but still leaning towards the Millennium Pro.

Ive shot several and never had any problems..I use a Ruger LCP 380 pocket pistol 90% of the time..the other times I am carrying a Glock mid frame 357 SIG. Kel Tec is VERY similar to the Ruger LCP,I just got a better deal on the Ruger.

I almost bought the Kel-Tec, but after holding them both, the Taurus won. I like the slim size for concealing. When I was a Deputy, I carried a Glock 17, and it was kinda big and uncomfortable for concealing. Other than that, I loved it.

Guest scarylarry
I almost bought the Kel-Tec, but after holding them both, the Taurus won. I like the slim size for concealing. When I was a Deputy, I carried a Glock 17, and it was kinda big and uncomfortable for concealing. Other than that, I loved it.

Monty I found a dealer right out of Owensboro Ky. like your heading into diamond lake camground, that cheap and have a wide selection of handguns if you get back in the market, give me a shout and I will run up there one Saturday with you..

Guest scarylarry
I just found a dealer that is a mile from my house, and I never knew he was there...lol. He has lotsa stuff. I am looking at AR-15 or Ruger Mini 14 next.:D

Don't get out much aye? :big-grin-emoticon:

I just found a dealer that is a mile from my house, and I never knew he was there...lol. He has lotsa stuff. I am looking at AR-15 or Ruger Mini 14 next.:D

I just purchased a S&W MP15 (.223) recently, great shooting.

And will be purchasing a 45 S&W soon...

LOVE IT! :banana:

I just bought my first Taurus. It's a PT 709 slim, that I intend to carry with a CCW permit. I've never owned a Taurus before, but have heard good things about them. I liked the slim fit, and the weight for carrying.

Anyone have any good or bad stories about Taurus?

I don't have the 709 but do have a Model 738B which is a .380 and I love it

I carry either a Taurus PT1911 or a Taurus PT92AF every day, and the wife carries a PT709 Slim. Okay, sometimes I carry the slim, especially on the bike. Taurus makes great firearms, and they have great prices, too.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/018-1.jpg

I think i'll stick with my Remington 1858 "replica"new army, black powder pistol .44 caliber, 5 1/2 inch barrel ,accurate as a glock out to 25 or 30 yards. mail order delivered to my house. no paperwork to fill out, NOT considered to be a "handgun" by either the federal A.T.F, or the State of Texas.

legal to carry concealed in/on your particular mode of transportation.

just jt:thumbsup2:

I've owned my Taurus model 92 9MM for over 22 years. I never had any problems out of it and it's still going strong. And don't forget about the lifetime guarantee either. It stays on my hip every weekend when I go play officer friendly so all I can say is enjoy!

I am off this week and I just happened to decide to go to the gun club yesterday and find out if I could still shoot with the way my eyes are changing. Took my Keltec .380, Beretta 9000 .40 and Kimber.45. The Keltec is the one I carry the most just because its so light but man that Kimber is still a delight to shoot. The last 7 round clip I moved back to 45 yards on the 8" plates. 5 years ago I would have probably been 6 for 7 and now it was 3 for 7 but with my eyes I still felt pretty good about that.

I am off this week and I just happened to decide to go to the gun club yesterday and find out if I could still shoot with the way my eyes are changing. Took my Keltec .380, Beretta 9000 .40 and Kimber.45. The Keltec is the one I carry the most just because its so light but man that Kimber is still a delight to shoot. The last 7 round clip I moved back to 45 yards on the 8" plates. 5 years ago I would have probably been 6 for 7 and now it was 3 for 7 but with my eyes I still felt pretty good about that.

Now you have brought up an issue that I have to deal with. Over the past few months, I have gone completely blind in my right eye. I haven't tried shooting since losing that vision and will have to figure out what the best solution is for me. I know that I can continue to shoot right handed but use my left eye to aim or I can try shooting left handed. I plan to try it both ways and just see which feels better to me.

I still forget sometimes that I am now blind in that eye. I was at a friends house the a few days ago and he had just picked up a set of HD mufflers and we were wondering if they had the catalytic converter in them. The first thing I did was pick one of them up and hold it up to my right eye to find out if I could see all the way through it. Nope...I couldn't...not with THAT eye. :doh:

Now you have brought up an issue that I have to deal with. Over the past few months, I have gone completely blind in my right eye. I haven't tried shooting since losing that vision and will have to figure out what the best solution is for me. I know that I can continue to shoot right handed but use my left eye to aim or I can try shooting left handed. I plan to try it both ways and just see which feels better to me.

I still forget sometimes that I am now blind in that eye. I was at a friends house the a few days ago and he had just picked up a set of HD mufflers and we were wondering if they had the catalytic converter in them. The first thing I did was pick one of them up and hold it up to my right eye to find out if I could see all the way through it. Nope...I couldn't...not with THAT eye. :doh:

It's a very good idea to keep both eyes open when shooting a handgun. You may also want to practice "point shooting," instead of aiming down the sights since your vision has changed. I learned these methods while in the army and I've never went back to the old way. You should also practice shooting from many different positions if you carry daily.:080402gudl_prv:

Two words, Don.

taurus judge!

just jt

Monty I found a dealer right out of Owensboro Ky. like your heading into diamond lake camground, that cheap and have a wide selection of handguns if you get back in the market, give me a shout and I will run up there one Saturday with you..

Larry, where do you live? I live in Hopkinsville and shop up at Whittakers quite often. Good prices and great service. Maybe we can hook up, check out the guns, then ride to a meal.:dancefool:

Later...