IGNORED

Near deer miss

Monty

This morning, I was coming home from work. It wasn't quite light yet, but just barely dawn. (cold too) I had just started to pass a car, when I saw a very big buck heading my way , in a hurry. ( he was an 8 or 10 point, at least). He stopped about 10 feet from the road in front of me, and just looked at me. I laid on the Stebel horn, and it was enough to send him running off the other way. I think the guy I was passing never saw him, and was wondering what I was honking at. Scary at the time, but glad it turned out ok. I see lots of deer between home, and the 40 miles to work.

It is getting time for the Rut. Bucks will be chasing Does. Keep an extra eye out for early morning and late evening. This is when they are usually most active, but they can be anywhere at anytime this time of year.

This morning, I was coming home from work. It wasn't quite light yet, but just barely dawn. (cold too) I had just started to pass a car, when I saw a very big buck heading my way , in a hurry. ( he was an 8 or 10 point, at least). He stopped about 10 feet from the road in front of me, and just looked at me. I laid on the Stebel horn, and it was enough to send him running off the other way. I think the guy I was passing never saw him, and was wondering what I was honking at. Scary at the time, but glad it turned out ok. I see lots of deer between home, and the 40 miles to work.

I have this phobia about hitting a deer with my RSV. A friend of mine hit one around 2pm in the early fall year before last and the result was short term coma, lost 75 lbs and nearly lost his life. The deer actually jumped and knocked him off his bike. Been scared ever since.

Don't let your mind wonder; you've got the right horn and hopefully good brakes. Have a good one on me.:thumbsup2:

A guy from work had that happen to him 2 years ago, on Father's Day. He wasn't far from where I saw this deer, and on the same road. The deer jumped and knocked him off, into the path of oncoming traffic. He died quickly, and the bike hardly had a scratch on it. He never even saw the deer.