IGNORED

Firearm question

RoadKill

We are heading out next Friday for Port Canaveral, Florida for a Disney Curise:cool10: We will be driving and leaving our vehicle in the cruise terminal parking. My question is to those of you that conceal carry. What do you do with your weapon in a situation like this. Can't take it on the ship, but I'm a little concerned about locking it in the vehicle for 6 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the wish for security while traveling, but perhaps this is one time to leave it home. An alternative is to check out a bus station storage locker or ask the local police where you debark from if they will hold it for you.

Good luck!

I've have hear that some people do this.

1) Take to local PD and ask to leave in the dept. armory.

2) Take to the destinations Pawn shop and hock it for the duration of the trip.

3) BEST way and I have done it. Seek out local reputable Gun shop. Many will hold weapons in their safe for a small fee. Get a receipt and record all the firearms info. on the receipt and even prior to for your records. Many of my friends and LEO friends prefer this method. Call that Gun shop prior to going to them. Some states will not allow people from other states to do this as many require you to fill out the firearms paperwork as if it were a sale. It is not a sale, but a service. So check the gun shop out prior to you leaving home.

BEER30

We are heading out next Friday for Port Canaveral, Florida for a Disney Curise:cool10: We will be driving and leaving our vehicle in the cruise terminal parking. My question is to those of you that conceal carry. What do you do with your weapon in a situation like this. Can't take it on the ship, but I'm a little concerned about locking it in the vehicle for 6 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

How did you manage a Conceal Carrier Permit in Illinois?

The Disney cruise lot is pretty secure, it is right next to the boat and they watch it all the time.

But that being said, unless you plan on hanging out at shady places before or after the cruise, there is no reason to bring it.

Edited by hig4s

How did you manage a Conceal Carrier Permit in Illinois?

Agreed there is no such thing in Illinois. Illinois does not recognize other states permits either. I'd hide it in the car whats the difference someone can break into your home while your gone and steal it just the same at least you'll have it with you most of the time.

Glad I live in Canada ! Carrying a weapon while travelling??? Would never consider it !

And yes..... Canadians do leave their doors unlocked !!

i feel the same way, but would never rant about gun hazards the way some fanatics here in Canada do. Although my door is locked once in a while, I have never felt unsafe.

Brian

Pick up a small portable safe with a cable...lock it and store under your seat.

I have one on the bike and use when crossing states without reciprocity to my home state.

It is the best option if leaving it home is not one.

I do not leave mine home.

my guess is that 99.9% of all the other ships passengers don't carry concealed weapons and they probably will have a safe & great time while cruising..........btw when was the last time you drew your weapon in self defense, just curious?

For those of you who don't carry concealed see the 1st post. This ? was for those that do carry. So... You are tresspassing!!! :0) I carry all the time on my person. I've seen what those nice "Safe" places can turn into in a matter of minutes/seconds. I'd carry and leave it in the car. Never be without your sidearm unless you just have to. I have a fire ext in my kitchen and hope I never have to use it, but it's there if I need it. You get the picture.

check out the web page opencarry.org and see what you think. Oh yeah, I open carry to, and no I'm not a cop. Flame suit on. :0)

BTW You would be surprised how many people carry concealed.

:225:

I would just leave it home.The ride down alone ,you will probably travel through non reciproctating states any way.

I, from time to time carry.I believe that if an American citizen,Qualifies for a conceal carry license it should be valid in all 50 states.I dont mind having people have to qualify and pass criminal background checks in order to have a conceal carry licenses,They should.There is no reason that my right to carry should end at the state line,unless i qualify for and maintain a license in another state,thats just stupid.One license,thats it.

Eddie Fulmer You are right on. I to have a conceal permit. I am so happy everyone feels safe and secure where ever you live and crime is non existent . Here in San Antonio Texas, sorry to say we do not live in Utopia, that is about 80 miles north west of here, and even they carry concealed. Remember one important thing....CARRY CONCEALED!! :thumbsup:

Rick

Perhaps another train of thought, find a nice place to hide it in vehicle, preferably trunk unloaded and in a gun safe bolted to floor. http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm http://cargunsafe.net/ There's a couple sites but theres tons more. Remember, where you lay your head is where your home is at that time. And yes, I do carry when camping, rallies, but follow the states laws accordingly. Keeps me out of trouble with my work :big-grin-emoticon:

Make that +1.

Ensure your firearm is secured in your car in a locked box. Preferrably hidden.

I had one on my 650 vstar. Believe I bought it at Walmart, it was suppose to be a lockable container to lock up keys. I had it bolted to the luggage rack in the bottom of

my leather luggage/tail bag. That way, after I checked into a motel I just put it with the rest of my clothes before I went to my room. Then on my nightstand it went and I slept like a baby.

Anyone that travels alot knows what you can run into out there, so just kindly ignore all the willy nillies. Out of the three people that I rode cross country with last summer, Three of us carried. So......... I can safely say you are not alone....:whistling:

btw when was the last time you drew your weapon in self defense, just curious?

"Oh , Mr. Bad man, could you please wait right here until I return, as I go home and get my gun. Heaven forbid that you shoot an un-armed citizen. And would you be so kind not to shoot my wife and kids while I'm fetching my gun? All we want to do is go on a boat along with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Tinker Bell. And if your good , we might just want to bring you along too! I'll even buy you one of the little black hats with the Big ears on it.

Yeah , Right ! (Let me exchange my helmet for a Tin Foil Cap):rant:

Just imagine you are in a convenient store to pay for gas and this happened. Click HERE

BEER30

Edited by BEER30