IGNORED

Dealer Frustration

debelt

Took my RSV to a local 5 star rated dealership to have passing lamps and a wider windshield installed. Although all the parts were there when I dropped the bike off, it still took a week to get it done. Then, when I go to pick up the bike, there is severe damage to to the fairing (i.e. a scrape 3 inches wide and 18 inches long), left lower (i.e. outer edge scraped), highway peg bent to a 45 degree angle revealing that they had obviously dropped the bike.

The illegal alien employee who pushed my bike out on to the parking lot swore in broken English that he knew nothing about the damage.

Needless to say, I went balistic. The service manager said he would have to investigate to make sure I had not brought the bike in already damaged. WTF? When he saw that I was about to get midevil on him he changed his toon and said they'd make it right.

Doesn't anyone take responsibility for their actions anymore? I am so fed up with the level of incompetence of these metric bike dealerships (Yamaha & Honda both), I feel like saying screw it and just going back to Harley Davidsons.

At least they know how to treat a customer after the sale. Their customer service is first rate.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just sick of this crap.

Man I really hate hearing of the trouble each of you always post about the dealers you go to, I guess I am very lucky in that I have a really good dealer that is quick and takes care, even washes it for me. Most people I know send people to them for service and away from other dealers, they are a fairly small shop and I think that is what keeps them good. I even know the owner of the place, he is at one of the two stores during the week, sometimes travels between then every couple of days.

I feel your pain. Over the summer I had replaced the clutch on my bike and upgraded the setup to the PCW set up. I choose to do it myself even though they were gonna change the clutch basket when it came im. Well low and behold call me when they are doing the basket to say I need a clutch. Now Im friends with the parts manager and he and the service manager both knew that I had done it. Even after this the technician swore it needed it and the plates were blue. I told them put it back together that way. A week later I pulled it all back apart and measured the discs and examined the plates. It only had 800 mi on the clutch. total BS. Point is if it dont sound right it isnt and it is a good idea to bring a digital camera with you when you drop it off and take the pictures in front of them. Really keeps them honest!!! Just makes the point you are watching!!

Just wanted to add my 3 cents... I hear so often in here about someone's displeasure with a dealer. I've experienced it myself. What I've chosen to do is either do the repair myself or take it to a non-dealer bike repair shop. Might be hard to find one that has a mechanic that knows Yamaha Ventures but I found one and it was sure worth it coz they really want your business. Of course, if it's warranty related, then one has no choice.

Don,

I would DEMAND a free bike until they come up with the true story of how it happened and would keep using thier bike until all the repairs are done to your satisfaction..

Why should you be without a ride just because of something THEY DID....

You take your car into a dealer and they will furnish you a free car IF they make a mistake and need to keep you car for a week......

They all have insurance for such things...but if they use that insurance, the price goes up on them..and they dont like that so they wont offer you a vehicle...

I would definately tell them I want a bike to ride until mine is fixed right!

A friend took his HD to local dealer for a tire change. When he picked it up they had put the rear tire on the front, and the front tire on the back and had dropped the bike and would not acknowledge that they had damaged the bike.

tew47

I mentioned in another thread, my friend in Austin had his HD in for repair and it took 100 days to get done, and even then not until he came in complained big time--The brand isn't what makes the difference, but the individual wrench.

Whether its a bike dealership ( Yam, Honda, HD) or a car dealership, or a computer shop. It doesn't matter. The quality of work your going to get is dependent on the boss or owner of the shop. How much they want to pay for quality employees. As tight as everything is getting and wanting to keep profits up I think a lot of dealerships are sacrificing quality for quantity.

You really really need to shop around.....and keep shopping, because the dealerships have turn over of employees also. A good mechanic can almost write his own ticket becase the employer knows that it doesn't matter what flavor your sign says you sell, that mechanic can bring his customers with.

These 5 star rated dealerships.......BS........maybe they have one mehcanic or had that mechanic with the experience and know how, and everyone else works under his cert's and combined with sales volume and what they sell, how many lines is how they get that rating.........most of it is BS.

You need to shop around. When you find a good one make sure your service manager knows why you bring your bike there.......for quality work worth what you pay.......anything less is unacceptable. And get to know your mechanic. He'll let you know if he's happy or not, thinking of jumping ship etc. If he's got a manager breathing down his neck to put out numbers instead of quality that's a dealership that doens't care about anything but the buck.

When shopping for a delaership or mechanic I've found the service manager and his honesty right from the start is a good sign. It'll be a week, 2 weeks before I can get you in or if you can leave it w/o any expectations we'll see what we can do.

Just my two cents. By the way. I've got a good service manager. Not much for mechanics except good for the easy stuff. My mechanic moved to sales, better hours and he decides how hard he works........and on the weekend you can bring the bike by his place and he'll fix her up!!!!:whistling:

Ol' Erns

I also know of a friend that doesn't go to the HD dealer that he bought his bike, and for everyone to say its only metric or HD i'm tiered of hearing this we all love to ride,a bike is a bike we all are on 2 wheels so to me it doesn't matter what company you love but how lucky you are with the dealer you go to. From HD to Yamaha,Honda,Suzuki or Kawy it doesn't matter all we can do is find the dealer that has good service and mechanics that know what there doing so to all Good Luck Ride Hard and Be Safe.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Needless to say, I went balistic. The service manager said he would have to investigate to make sure I had not brought the bike in already damaged. WTF? When he saw that I was about to get midevil on him he changed his toon and said they'd make it right.

Doesn't anyone take responsibility for their actions anymore? I am so fed up with the level of incompetence of these metric bike dealerships (Yamaha & Honda both), I feel like saying screw it and just going back to Harley Davidsons.

At least they know how to treat a customer after the sale. Their customer service is first rate.

You know, every once in a while people actually DO bring their stuff into a svc dept damaged and then complain about existing damage when they pick it up, pointing blame at the techs who did the work.

Last week I had my fill of them. (must been a full moon)

I am a paint/body tech of 18 years. I work on Porsches,Audis,BMWs,Ferrarris,you name it. Last week I had some dipsh*t in a mustang come in to get some gouges fixed in his bumper cover. He dropped it off, I put the car on the lift and removed the bumper cover. The car stayed on the lift for 2 days while I repaired,painted,and reinstalled the cover.

Then yesterday, said jacka** comes back swearing up and down that I put a scratch in his passenger door while I had the car. He also swears up and down that I must have taken his car for a joyride.(he speculates the scratch MAY have happened during the joyride) He says "I wrote down the mileage when I dropped the car off and checked it when I picked it up, There are 45.3 extra miles on the car". BS!

That was just one. There were others. EVERY one of them trying to blame us for preexisting damage on their cars. From worn out electric lock solenoids to an oil leak. It never ends!

Don't be too pissed that the service manager said he wanted to "look into it". I'm sure he gets his fill of people pointing their fingers at 'his' techs trying to get existing damage fixed for free.

It has reached the point where I do a checklist BEFORE I even pull the cars into the shop anymore, noting any 'extra' damage not on the estimate scheduled for repair. I check all lights,guages,tires,etc. Then I take digi photos of anything not being repaired on the car. Those photos now include the odometer. This is simply to cover my butt because of people trying to get something for nothing.....at MY expense.

Everyone here knows we're interested in a new Yamaha V-4 product; Either the Venture or maybe a RSTD. The dealership's service dept. is top priority before we buy. That said, our nearest Yamaha dealer is Lake Placid, FL. We've heard from so many others who've delt personally with them (Lake Placid) "don't buy there," that we're looking at two dealers much further away.

We have no experience with this dealer other than it's sales staff; My wife doesn't have a good feeling there. Women's intuition or...

Bottom line: unless we hear otherwise via positive personal after sale experiences our $$$ will not go to our nearest Yamaha dealer.

Guest KitCarson

Yes I am fed up......but also now I am mad!! I do not suppose I have ever experienced such poor service and just plain customer relations as I have from some of the powersports dealers that sell Yamaha. I purchased Crickett from the Powersports Dealer in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I almost turned the bike around going home.......figured you know Kit.....you are the dummy here...go on home, deal with it later. I called them the next day, to talk to the person who sold it to me...they never returned my call......so I sent them an email......they never returned it. Having had dealings with a local powersports dealer prior to this.....I just dismissed this dealer...really did not want them to work on my bike anyway. Several weeks went by and I got the little . Thank You Note in the Mail. The one that says Thanks for buying a bike from us. My name was wrong and the letter was not signed !! . So for the past three weeks I have been waiting for them to send my my license tag. Nope has not shown up. I called them yesterday(monday-closed-left a message) and they have not returned my call. I got in too late today to call them........card is in my pocket......I will call them tomorrow.....what would you all like me to call them!!:big-grin-emoticon: I have to behave and not solicit bad things....but I am dealing with another dealer on my clutch whine..they are nice folks......but really do not know squat about the bike. I have learned more about the bike in just 45 days than they know in ten years. Yes this is the sorry truth about the dealers.

Kit

Kit, we all know there are good and bad to everything. Most dealers that I know want to do a good job. Please document every bad experience you have had with the people where you bought the bike and go to the owner. My guess is he will want to make it right. The dealer I work for says,"If the problem gets to me, it is free." He then charges back to the failing department.

Let him know who, what, and when. I bet it goes better.

Took my RSV to a local 5 star rated dealership to have passing lamps and a wider windshield installed. Although all the parts were there when I dropped the bike off, it still took a week to get it done. Then, when I go to pick up the bike, there is severe damage to to the fairing (i.e. a scrape 3 inches wide and 18 inches long), left lower (i.e. outer edge scraped), highway peg bent to a 45 degree angle revealing that they had obviously dropped the bike.

The illegal alien employee who pushed my bike out on to the parking lot swore in broken English that he knew nothing about the damage.

I happen to know the parts man for a local HD dealer and he had a funny story. Seems one of the mechanic was working on a new HD so he took it out back to give it a little test run, he ran across a manhole and flipped the bike, scratched it up pretty good. I bet that was one happy customer. Probably told him it was like that when it came in. LOL. I was laughing so hard I forgot to ask what they told the customer.

Jerry

Guest KitCarson
Kit, we all know there are good and bad to everything. Most dealers that I know want to do a good job. Please document every bad experience you have had with the people where you bought the bike and go to the owner. My guess is he will want to make it right. The dealer I work for says,"If the problem gets to me, it is free." He then charges back to the failing department.

WEll........hum...........there is a great difference in dealers.....thing is we do not have anywhere close a real....genuine.....totally Yamaha Dealer but one, most of them sell.......Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc...and used of all kinds.

As I am trying to help everyone understand the clutch whine on these bikes, and my goal at the moment is to help others understand they reason we do not get good service on this issue is forefront. Let me say simply this. The dealers and the owners of the dealerships....sell what? One or two Ventures a year? Maybe if they are a high volume dealer they will sell Three? If I had a problem with a cracked fairing......a blown shock, or maybe a oil leak...hey that is a no brainer, anyone can fix that. But they just simply do not know much about the clutch whine......plus it may very well turn into a major job to quiet one down. It may take on any particular bike....several things.......maybe even a new universal....or drive shaft...they simply do not have the skills to make the diagnosis.

My situation is I cannot get the I-basket anywhere but from Yamaha. I cannot buy it...they will not give it to me....I have to deal with a dealer to get it.......so far the dealers have not given me satisfactory answers. So at the moment I am dealing direct with Yamaha......or trying to, even have told them.....look you assign me a dealer.....I will travel to them........I am bending over to get along and get this situation resolved.

I can get the drive shafts......universals....I can get all the clutch baskets I want for $140.00 a pop.......but not the I-basket. If Yamaha would give me one......I would put it in myself........then move on to the drive shaft.......all this stuff is just a few bolts.....a little knowledge and some grease!!(the right kind though-private joke!!)

As for the dealer I purchased my bike from.....ha.....I am dealing with the owner of the place......he is an..........! These places are in the business to sell bikes....a lot of people.....a lot of contacts......they are not in the business to service them.......and you run a bigger risk of getting your bike back bad than good. Take it in with one problem , get it back with two...these high turn over mechanics actually do leave out parts and hide them:rotf::rotf:I just say that to be funny....they actually do this!!

The bottom line, and what I am trying to say.....its with this clutch whine issue...the dealers themselves are not qualified to handle it. They do not understand it, have not dealt with it a lot. So there you go.....it does get somewhat difficult at this point. A very wise man I met recently told me, when a dealer tells you this or that....or like in my case, we will change your basket one time.....you can ride it.....if you like it fine.......if you do not we will put your original basket back in and we are done. They are simply telling me....we do not know.........we cannot solve your problem, we do not know.....and by making it somewhat difficult and as they do not know, they are trying to get rid of me,or you.....or whomever. And it works most of the time.......now I am in a waiting game to hear from yamaha. As for the dealer I purchased from....I did call on a monday....I did leave a message...okay.......so they were off.......I will call again tomorrow.........and ask about my tag........if I do not get it in proper time.......I will not call them again.....I will go in person, to a local DMV and file a complaint against them......or where ever I have to go.....I have already dismissed that place as a sack of bad eggs. Kit

Kit

Guest KitCarson

Hi Orrin: Yes there are some good folks in business. That is how they built their business. I myself am like that. If I install something for someone and it has a problem I just take care of it.....tell them I am sorry for the problem and let it go. I unlike a bike or car dealer do not get paid or any compensation for something like say a new water heater. If I go put one in.....and brand new it has a bad weld somewhere in the tank.....yes they will furnish me a new water heater.......but labor I have to eat. So I break even on that job sometimes. To me that is just the price of doing business. One of those things.....like a bad check.......or non payment......take it in stride and do not lose your smile. All this stuff can be dealt with at tax time anyway. Sometimes I do things for people and do not even charge them.......they may be on a fixed income.....and it took me ten minutes to adjust the handle in a commode........yes I understand that type of attitude very well.

I used to live up north......hey all you southern folks....I am a southern folk now too.......just saying:rotf:. I have noticed up there you get better service, a polite and caring attitude. Wages are higher. The economy is much better, education is better, in fact the States you live in require a certain amount of training and for people to be licensed for a particular trade or job. Not so down here!! Education is not good.....training for any particular job is pretty much non-existent, they learn mainly by doing(which is good sometimes) but they learn one or two things well.....I have had journeyman plumbers sit at the supply house counter and ask the counter man which way this P-trap goes on!! That fellow is real good at installing rough in plumbing.....but cannot install or repair a faucet. The economy is bad. A plumber or good mechanic up past the Mason Dixon line will make a good wage.......be able to support his family, so he has the right attitude. In the south, he will make from 8 to 12 dollar an hour......yep that is all!! So there is a large turnover in mechanics and skilled people.

There are a lot of people in my Capitol City of Columbia, SC. If you go into a local bike shop.....there is a steady flow of people. All kinds of them. Most of the shops sell play toys for the local Lakes also....so that is a large part of the equation. They due to the large flow of people...become complacent.......do not pay much attention to complaints...they do not have to....in fact do not have time to....they are too busy selling parts or accessories and selling more machines. The mechanics they have turn over quite frequently. If I went to school for Yamaha....got a little time under my belt....I would leave too.......10 bucks an hour is not a lot.

Yes I understand a lot of the reasons........does not mean I like them !!!

Kit

Kit, you brought up some real good points. If you want to increase incomes, grow your economy, decrease welfare, eliminate racism, reduce deficits,, and raise your overall standard of living, SPEND MORE ON EDUCATION.

(Hey, I just hijacked this thread!):cool10:

Think anyone will notice?:whistling:

Guest KitCarson

Oh gee.......I just got a call from a dealer......I will not tell you who just yet, but he is sweating bullets!! So nice.....wild onions will melt in his mouth!! Hey you know when you buy a bike and Yamaha sends you the survey form to fill out? I really pounded this dealer bad!! I told Yamaha about me calling them to complain about my clutch basket, and the fact that they would not return my calls, and that I had also sent an email....I also have been having trouble getting my license tag. I called again this morning, and got no call back......so I went to the survey website again and added that little comment. I have just been called.......apologized to.......and they want to know how and how much can they help me with Crickett!! I told them to hold off a bit.....that I have contacted Yamaha direct, that I want a district manager involved from Yamaha in this thing. So they are going to start making calls.......learning also......and will call me back middle of next week.

So fellows.....the main company......Yamaha does pay attention.....they have this dealer jumping through hoops......

Yes I will forgive him..........smile and get along.......just grateful to finally be making some progress. Might even buy them all a steak dinner if they get my bike fixed. :sign20: Kit

Oh my tag will be here in time....going to be priority mail........:thumbsup:

I have obtained a hint today........might be the I-basket is of a different metal..........anyone know if this is fact or fiction?

Oh gee.......I just got a call from a dealer......I will not tell you who just yet, but he is sweating bullets!! So nice.....wild onions will melt in his mouth!! Hey you know when you buy a bike and Yamaha sends you the survey form to fill out? I really pounded this dealer bad!! I told Yamaha about me calling them to complain about my clutch basket, and the fact that they would not return my calls, and that I had also sent an email....I also have been having trouble getting my license tag. I called again this morning, and got no call back......so I went to the survey website again and added that little comment. I have just been called.......apologized to.......and they want to know how and how much can they help me with Crickett!! I told them to hold off a bit.....that I have contacted Yamaha direct, that I want a district manager involved from Yamaha in this thing. So they are going to start making calls.......learning also......and will call me back middle of next week.

So fellows.....the main company......Yamaha does pay attention.....they have this dealer jumping through hoops......

Yes I will forgive him..........smile and get along.......just grateful to finally be making some progress. Might even buy them all a steak dinner if they get my bike fixed. :sign20: Kit

Oh my tag will be here in time....going to be priority mail........:thumbsup:

Sounds like dealer acknowledgements are in motion. Keep the positive momentum going; And keep us all updated on your maintenance progress.

But they just simply do not know much about the clutch whine......

Just a comment about this... these 2nd gen's are now what...8 years since the first one? ... One would think that since this problem has been popping up, here and there, over the years, as often as it appears to have been, that MOST dealers would be AWARE of it and have had at least SOME experience with it. I mean, even if only selling 2 or 3 RSV's a year (and they must have sold equal as many RSTD's), surely the odds are that they (the dealer) would have come across this clutch whine issue at least ONCE in those 8 years. Further, if they haven't (or say they haven't as in playing dumb), surely in communications with other dealers (which they all do at one time or another) they would have heard about it. Additionally, by playing dumb about an issue that they know cannot be 100% rectified...maybe even not 50% rectified in all cases...by playing dumb they "pass the buck" because the customer (us) get's PO'd and goes elsewhere or we just accept what we been told and either ride it or sell it or try and fix it ourselves. These dealers talk and when such an issue comes up, they jointly and secretly agree to "play dumb". They're probably complaining to each other and Yamaha about how much of a hassle this "clutch whine" is and since Yamaha isn't stepping up to the table, the dealers play dumb with the customer, or in some way, put us off.

Sorry, I'm rambling here but there's probably some truth in this somewhere?

Further to my above comments... and I'm just rambling again coz I have nothing else to do ....

Suppose you own a Heating business and you're a dealer for a specific brand of home heaters. You install a number of these heaters but over the years, they've constantly caused problems between you, your customer, and the manufacturer. The problem is an incessantly noisy fan. The manufacturer has provided very little support other than a special lube and a balancer but even with that, in most cases it doesn't fix the problem completely. Over the years you've lost many customers over this and have spent hours upon hours trying to rectify the problem to the customer's satisfaction to the point that it has cost you a lot in lost income. Unfortunately though, you're stuck to using this brand of heater. Finally you give up and instead of trying to fix a problem that isn't fixable, you begin telling your customers "hmmm yeah... it's a bit noisy but there's nothing wrong with it... that's how they sound... you'll have to get used to it". And you go on your merry way to the next customer having spent little or no time dealing with this problem. Even though the customer doesn't like it, he accepts it -OR- he gets tired of it and starts looking for ways to fix it himself -OR- he gets on the blower with the manufacturer who then gets in touch with you and gets you to install the special lube and balancer. The odds are that out of all the customers you "put off", 1 in 10 will do this. so that's 9 that you didn't have to spend any time with trying to fix an unfixable problem.

OK...enuf rambling... LOL

Guest KitCarson
Further to my above comments... and I'm just rambling again coz I have nothing else to do ....

Suppose you own a Heating business and you're a dealer for a specific brand of home heaters. You install a number of these heaters but over the years, they've constantly caused problems between you, your customer, and the manufacturer. The problem is an incessantly noisy fan. The manufacturer has provided very little support other than a special lube and a balancer but even with that, in most cases it doesn't fix the problem completely. Over the years you've lost many customers over this and have spent hours upon hours trying to rectify the problem to the customer's satisfaction to the point that it has cost you a lot in lost income. Unfortunately though, you're stuck to using this brand of heater. Finally you give up and instead of trying to fix a problem that isn't fixable, you begin telling your customers "hmmm yeah... it's a bit noisy but there's nothing wrong with it... that's how they sound... you'll have to get used to it". And you go on your merry way to the next customer having spent little or no time dealing with this problem. Even though the customer doesn't like it, he accepts it -OR- he gets tired of it and starts looking for ways to fix it himself -OR- he gets on the blower with the manufacturer who then gets in touch with you and gets you to install the special lube and balancer. The odds are that out of all the customers you "put off", 1 in 10 will do this. so that's 9 that you didn't have to spend any time with trying to fix an unfixable problem.

OK...enuf rambling... LOL

Hi Rambling Man: What you are saying is true under ones first thoughts and impressions.....but it goes much deeper than this........the first thing I want to say before I get into this....people and dealers are basically good people, all of them, one just has to stir them up sometimes, for example like myself.........I do not do any construction work anymore unless it is a custom high dollar fancy job. There is much more profit in the service and repair side of the business than can ever be realized in the construction side of it. Also the money is quick....smaller amounts......less collection problems.....no bankrupt builders etc.

This is exactly how dealers and business men look at things. There is much more profit in selling new bikes....accessories.......they get busy, short handed......mechanics come and go........turnover is high......so they look at it from the profit side of things. Dealers do however get paid by Yamaha to do warranty work on a bike, maybe not as much as a off the street job......but do get paid!! So they sometimes are reluctant.....and do hope to get rid of you and not have to deal with it......I think this is human nature.....and us bike owners.....sometimes have a short fuse or simply do not stop and think about how to deal with this stuff........I was just like that, my fuse was already down to the powder charge, then I realized, the bike was not the important thing......the people who ride them....own them, and put up with this stuff are the important thing. So I am going to be nice.....respectful....wade through this stuff.......by the time I am done, Yamaha will know who Kit is!! This will help others tremendously. Or at least I hope it will.

As for the heating units you are using as an example.......no business person would continue to sell such a product if it constantly caused problems and the loss of customers and profits. I would not, and do not. If I get a brand of water heater for example and they continue to have problems.....hey.........like Pitbull said C-Ya!!(I cannot behave for long!!)

See Yamaha is an extremely good product......and I honestly think they are the best........all the problems we have.....are really if you want to be honest are minor....the clutch whine is so high pitched on some of the bikes, it is a problem if you want to use stock exhaust.......Yamaha knows this, I am getting closer to the answer......I got a hint this week......not sure if it is fact......but the I-basket might be a different metal.....the tuning forks set off a different reasonance........could be........could be BS too! Yamaha makes a good product........it is the dealers whom cause the situations in the field with service and customer relations.....as have all been noted before. The product is good.......otherwise.....no one would mess with selling them.......I would not.......if I kept having problems and kept losing customers over any particular product..with no backing from the product manufacturer...I would do as I have in the past.....quit using that product and go to another. I just did that. I have been using these economical faucets for rental properties. They are not holding up.....causing all kinds of recalls........I talked to the supplier about this several months ago.........I got no satisfaction or results.....C-Ya! I now use another product. I have looked at this situation quite carefully......Yamaha is a good product......it sure is....it has a few problems........but it is not Yamaha who will not honor them....it is the Dealers......so it does take patience.........discussion.......smiles.....and a little thought to stir up some Dealers. See their profit margin is not as high dealing with warranty issues as off the street issues....they are simply trying to max out their time to the dollar margin.

As for going away........I was going to..yep.....that Harley sure looked good!! Still does.......the answer may be to have two bikes!! But several Dealers are stuck with Kit......this will be resolved.....and hopefully help others in the process.

Kit

As for those who will disagree and say my dealer is not like this......that is great....I am not either......I understand that attitude, I have it in my business......but it is very rare this day in age. A dealer who has your best interests at heart and not the dollar is quite rare.

I have ridden Yamaha's for over 10 years and will admit there are some dealers out there who aren't much. I am not thinking there is no company (car or motorcycle) who do not have a dealer that is not up to standard. When I bought my 2006 Midnight Venture in Springfield, Mo. it was the worst experience I have ever had with any dealership. However, Yamaha has always treated me very well in resolving any problems.

I hate to see anyone have problems with their bike, but I do not think changing brands is going to assure every dealer is going to be a good one.

My thought is document the bad and then call Yamaha, any problem I have ever had was solved quickly when I furnished documentation to Yamaha.