IGNORED

Victory motorcycles

new guy

well i went to the victory motorcycle web site and set up a demo ride at a local dealer.

HA. Here's the email I sent Victory and have not heard 1 word back from the dealer or Victory.:soapbox:

So I get up Wednesday and drive @ 50 miles or 45 min to Riders Ville cycle and arrived @ 10:30 1/2 hr early so I took the time to look around. As I watched one of the staff help another customer that was looking at a motorcycle he was interested in the staff member whose name I failed to get. He may have been the manager or owner for all I know turned to me and asked " are you two together" meaning me and the customer he was helping. I replied no I was here to take a test ride on a Victory. The staff member asked me witch Victory and I said the Cross Roads or Cross Country. He said to me "We don't like to give test rides on the Victory unless you can afford the down payment"at that point I said oh and he started to explain how dealers are going out of business form giving guys test rides who then don't buy and then they have to sell the demo bike at a discount bla bla bla. So I left and will not be back. 1st, I set this demo ride up in advance on your web site and Riders Ville cycle is listed as a participating dealer and they where the closest to me. 2nd, I go there only to be insulted by a member of their staff who assumed that because I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt that I could not afford the down payment on one of your motorcycles. 3rd I drove @ 100 miles and wasted close to 2 hrs of my day for nothing.

I don't think or believe this to be a reflection on Polaris or Victory Motorcycles but I do think you should know how they treat potential customers. I have worked in retail for 20 yrs and I am currently a manager for a large company with stores across the US , Canada and Mexico as well as Asia and Europe and it ain't Wal-mart. I know that people aren't buying things like motorcycles and that every one that walks in to a shop should be treated with a little more respect.

RESPECTFULLY,

Patrick McDunn :headache:

I had a similar experience at the Victory dealer in Summerville, SC. My wife and I pulled up on my bike jeans t-shirts we had been riding all day. I went in and was looking at their touring bike and after being ignored for 10 mins I said in a loud voice I guess we will buy that Ultra after all and left. I should share my experience with Victory also. I guess they just do not want to sell any bikes.

My experience in Harley shops has been exactly the opposite. Well...at least over the past few years. In '99 when I bought the RSV, I visited three Harley shops and couldn't even get anybody to speak to me. Over the past few years though, I have actually been warmly greeted and treated well in two or three shops that I've visited.

Now the Yamaha and Honda shops here are a different story. The Yamaha shop here is especially bad. When you walk in there, you will usually see one or two sales people sitting at their desks with their feet up and reading a newspaper or something. They have NEVER bothered to greet or offer to help in any way. I was there one day and saw a couple looking at a bike and watched them be totally ignored for about 15 minutes. I finally walked over and talked to them myself and answered some questions that they had about a RSV that they were looking at.

Absolutely amazing. I NEVER go in there unless I just absolutely have to. It's a shame too because the service manager is actually a very good guy with a LOT of experience on the Venture. He has been riding them since '83 and is a member of the local MTA chapter.

Just a bad dealer I hope.

A couple years ago we stopped in the dealer North of Oshkosh, WI. They also sell yamys.

Pulled in with the RSV loaded with camping gear on the trunk and a weeks worth of dust from all the gravel roads we were on.

He saw me looking at a Vision sitting outside and asked if I wanted to ride it. I said sure.

He didn't ask for DL or helmet or anything. Just said keys in it. Took it for a short ride, and we both got free T shirts out of it!

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob
sppellinn

A couple years ago we stopped in the dealer North of Oshkosh, WI. They also sell yamys.

Pulled in with the RSV loaded with camping gear on the trunk and a weeks worth of dust from all the gravel roads we were on.

He saw me looking at a Vision sitting outside and asked if I wanted to ride it. I said sure.

He didn't ask for DL or helmet or anything. Just said keys in it. Took it for a short ride, and we both got free T shirts out of it!

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey Hey, you can't leave it like that, what did you think about it?

It's not the brand,it's the people that work there.most people these days just show up at work to collect a pay check.They don't give two hoots about the job or the customers.:headache:

how true... a little "off topic" but when getting gas today, the card reader on the pump wouldn't take my Save-On More Rewards Points card... yet the other pumps at the same gas station do. So I asked the clerk "why" ... who really had no good answer and I commented "nobody seems to have an answer for this" His come-back.... "hey man, I don't get paid to have these answers...all I get is minimum wage so I just do what I have to"

I left without saying another word...wasn't worth the effort to say what I was thinking.

how true... a little "off topic" but when getting gas today, the card reader on the pump wouldn't take my Save-On More Rewards Points card... yet the other pumps at the same gas station do. So I asked the clerk "why" ... who really had no good answer and I commented "nobody seems to have an answer for this" His come-back.... "hey man, I don't get paid to have these answers...all I get is minimum wage so I just do what I have to"

I left without saying another word...wasn't worth the effort to say what I was thinking.

I would have said it anyway. Guess I'll grow up one of these days.

Hey Hey, you can't leave it like that, what did you think about it?

The GF already hated the looks, period. I figured I could get over the looks, if the bike was useful. And I already knew I didn't like the smaller luggage room and the goofy saddle bags.

That being said, the little bit I rode it (low fuel light was on), it felt lighter handling (more nimble) than the RSV. Plenty of power. Loved the left thumb rocker switch that moved the windscreen up or down.

I won't look at them again though, until the luggage room is addressed.

I had wanted to ride something other than HD after 18 years, and had been waiting for the OTHER american made company to come out with a bagger. Got tired of waiting 5 years ago, and I'm glad I didn't hold out for it.

Later, Scooter Bob

The Victory dealer here is just the opposite. They greet you at the door and listen to what you are looking for in a bike. Attentive, informative and helpful....every time. I've been offered test rides three times in the last year on different bikes. A customer that was in the store even offered to let me take his out for a spin once.

The local Yammy dealers.....man you could set up a picinic in the middle of the show room floor and they wouldn't notice you.

Harley, depends on what ya ride in on. I show up in the Lincoln they spend time on me. I ride the Venture in and it's like don't park your bike out front.

BMW......class act all the way. Right to ya as soon as you look at a bike. Not much for test rides but very helpful.

Some great things about the Victory Vision are the fuel injected power, skateboard floorboards, 6 speed tranny, tach,heated grips and the power windshield for sure. But before you count the $$$$$$ be sure to check the tranny noise after it's warmed up,in netural with clutch lever released and running, then think about a ride to Cody WY. Mix that tranny noise with the drive belt and suddenly the basket whine on the RSV isn't really all that bad?

Victory dealer in BG is very customer friendly. I went in looking a couple years ago right after the VISION came out...I couldn't get past they look but they said "ride it and you'll like it". Well, I did about a 50 mile test ride and it DOES ride out pretty darn nice. Very good low speed handling for such a big bike and a nice ride. We didn't go for one because (1) momma couldn't get comfy 'cause of the position of the bags (2) the bags are teeny, and (3) it is pretty "strange" looking. From the rider's seat though, it's a DARN NICE BIKE! Harley dealers in my experience are pretty "stingy" with demo rides, though they are available. Local BMW shop has always given a ride anytime I was interested. NONE of the local Yamaha shops has ever offered me a test ride... Just my experience.....

My experience in Harley shops has been exactly the opposite. Well...at least over the past few years. In '99 when I bought the RSV, I visited three Harley shops and couldn't even get anybody to speak to me. Over the past few years though, I have actually been warmly greeted and treated well in two or three shops that I've visited.

Now the Yamaha and Honda shops here are a different story. The Yamaha shop here is especially bad. When you walk in there, you will usually see one or two sales people sitting at their desks with their feet up and reading a newspaper or something. They have NEVER bothered to greet or offer to help in any way. I was there one day and saw a couple looking at a bike and watched them be totally ignored for about 15 minutes. I finally walked over and talked to them myself and answered some questions that they had about a RSV that they were looking at.

Absolutely amazing. I NEVER go in there unless I just absolutely have to. It's a shame too because the service manager is actually a very good guy with a LOT of experience on the Venture. He has been riding them since '83 and is a member of the local MTA chapter.

I have to agree with you. While waiting for my first service last Sept. I walked about 1/2 mile down to the Harley dealer. They treated my like a king offered me coffee and explained all the models to me. This was after I told the salesperson that I had just bought a new RSTD.

My dealer is a very nice guy. He had two dealerships. One sold Honda and Suzuki. The other sold Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha. The second store opened at the wrong time and they ended up closing it.

When you go in and look at bikes they will just let you look and tell you if you need any help they would be glad to help you. They work on a salary and don't get commisions so there is no pressure.

The bottom line price is on the bike. They don't dicker but they have the lowest prices around.

They always let me test drive their bikes probably because I bought 4 bikes and a 4 wheeler over the years. I'm very happy with them.

The Yamaha dealer that I have to deal with now are also very nice and the parts and service departments seem to know what they are doing, but I have had very little experience with them. They did warranty my battery with no hassel.

The victory dealer I stopped at was also nice.

I am glad you had a good experience and yes I am sure the problem is the dealership. But my bit** with Victory is that on there web site they invite you to take a demo ride and are suppose to contact the dealer and let them know you are coming. I recevied 2 emails from them saying that it was all set up time,place,model and when I drive 50 miles 1 way the dealer is like test drive ha ha ha. Then when I received a follow up email from Victory " how was your ride" and I send two (2) emails back telling them what happened all I hear are crickets. What kind of response are you going to get if you have a problem with the bike you buy?

Pat

Later, Scooter Bob

I am glad you had a good experience and yes I am sure the problem is the dealership. But my bit** with Victory is that on there web site they invite you to take a demo ride and are suppose to contact the dealer and let them know you are coming. I recevied 2 emails from them saying that it was all set up time,place,model and when I drive 50 miles 1 way the dealer is like test drive ha ha ha. Then when I received a follow up email from Victory " how was your ride" and I send two (2) emails back telling them what happened all I hear are crickets. What kind of response are you going to get if you have a problem with the bike you buy?

Pat

I wonder if there is a similar forum to this for Victory Motorcycles... maybe this whole thing should be on that site...??

Just curious but did you tell the guy you had a demo appointment? The two Victory dealers I am familiar with practically throw the bike at you. The first week the Cross Country came out we went to the dealer to have a look. He tells us, I have one in the crate, let me get it out and prepped and you can take it for a ride. It would have taken more time than we had so we declined but the offer was amazing.

It's not the brand,it's the people that work there.most people these days just show up at work to collect a pay check.They don't give two hoots about the job or the customers.:headache:

Totally agree - be it bikes, cars, houses, toilet paper!

Seems really strange to me with such high unemployment how some of these goofs keep their jobs.

We have two yamaha shops in central new Yorkthat are very similar in sizes and amenities. Filer's in Macedon NY. and Pioneers in Arcade NY. Pioneer can't do enough for you Filer can't do anything for you. I took my 85 in for fork seals. It took them two weeks cause they ordered the wrong papers then they brought the bike to me and as they unloaded it off the trailer the seals popped out and the bike dumped its fork oil in my driveway. they had to take it back and redo it 3 more days.

Pioneer has sponsors several of our rallyes, contributes prizes, checks out our bike when we get there and will fit us in if we need help while we are there.

Two dealers same size totally different attitudes.