IGNORED

Did it bought the Valkyrie

casabroker

Got the Valk Wow!!! these puppies are fast and smooth. My 96 Royal Star is a great bike But!!!! Stole this one 5 k, 23,000 with all the goodies Corbin beetle bags and side covers, Ultimate seats new tires. Anyone thinking about these bikes need to ride one.

Edited by casabroker

That was the decision that I had to make in '99 when I bought my RSV. It was the last bike I road before my purchase, a '99 Valk Interstate. I had ridden one a few miles earlier and had to stop by and ride another one before making my final decision. There were a LOT of things I liked about it but in my final analysis, it just wasn't as comfortable for ME as the RSV. They are fantastic bikes though.

Dont know why Honda didnt promote the Valk Interstate..Those were sweet bikes also

I've never ridden one, but I still love 'em. If I could have found a low mileage interstate, before I found the Ultra I would probably be riding one. I don't know why they quit making them.:think:

Congrats on the new ride!

It's actually quite simple, the Valk outsold the Goldwing for a couple of years. Honda didn't want one of their own line competing with the wing and after 5 years put the quash to it. Besides they had to sell more wings to pay for that new at the time 1800 engine...all a matter of economics. I seriously thought about a Valk interstate before I got the '99 I have now from Moose.

You'll love the Valk in terms of speed, power, handling (those 6 cylinders will definitely move you). Not so much for the seat and riding position. Even aftermarket seats don't compare to the "pillow top" seat on the RSV. The riding position is much more upright and in some ways a more natural sitting position. But the tailbone can get sore after a lot of hours in the saddle.

I'm fortunate to have the best of both worlds, a 97 Valk (original bumblebee) and an 09 RSV. I started looking for the RSV after a trip out to Colorado (from Ohio) on the Valk last summer. Was awesome but had to high tail it home to get back in time for work (bad planning on my part). Did 900 miles the first day, 500 the second. After that decided that for that kind of long distance, 18 hour plus, riding days I needed something a bit more comfortable. Found a nice 09 RSV over the winter. It's great, like having a cadillac for comfort (RSV) and a porsche for adrenaline (Valk).