IGNORED

Bike Lift

Mischevious

If you are talking about the lift that has the flat pieces you usually just put under the bike on the frame you will need one of Carbon Ones adapters..they are in the classifieds,I will try and find the link and paste it here. They are great especially if you order it with the legs. http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2673&title=carbon-one-freestanding-lift-adapter&cat=7

Awsome. I will have to order one as I love having the bike lifted for working on it. Thanks for the fast reply.:big-grin-emoticon:

You are welcome..BTW IF you are new to the Venture remember HIGH REVS..take it out and hit the rev limiter a few times and you will see where your power is..Also if you get a chance have some members get together in your area and do a carb sync on it..most mechanics at Yamaha do not do it correctly. When I had my Venture trust me it RANNNNN. I saw a post on here earlier about a guy that ran with some HD and I AM NOT BASHING HD, BUT they cannot stay with a Venture IF you rev that baby up and let her go.

I do suggest Carbon One's adapter too.

But measure the lift area width.

My Larin is narrow by an inch. If I had read Carbon One's ad better I would have had him include a welded on extension. He does if for free but cannot send you one later.

So, read & measure,,,, then order.

"For those folks who have short lift arms of less than 13" on their jacks I offer a safety bar at no additional cost. "

Mike G in SC

I do suggest Carbon One's adapter too.

But measure the lift area width.

My Larin is narrow by an inch. If I had read Carbon One's ad better I would have had him include a welded on extension. He does if for free but cannot send you one later.

So, read & measure,,,, then order.

"For those folks who have short lift arms of less than 13" on their jacks I offer a safety bar at no additional cost. "

Mike G in SC

Mike PM me your info and we'll get you squared away with a safety bar. I now make the safety bar as a bolt on feature rather then welded on as on previous units that required them.

I want everyone to safely use my adapters. Why risk the bike falling off the lift if one doesn't get the jack perfect under the bike.

Larry

Carbon One,

Hey Larry, Bolt On, that's great.

I have sent you a PM (Had to figure how to turn that on, so let me know if you do not get one).

I will be tickled to have the extensions on the adapter. I had thought about replacing the Larin with a jack to fit YOUR adapter. Now won't need to.

Thanks, Mike G in SC.

• 2 months later...
Guest scarylarry
I sent the question To Carbon one already, but a guy at work wants to know if it will lift a Venture high enough to remove the rear tire... I have a lift but never took the tire off....yet

Yes it will and no problems or jacking around with it meaning adjust this and that.... I Do have pictures of mine with both tires off and was very safe and very stable, after I remove both tires, I then sit it down on the legs, got the tires mounted and reinstalled..

I to had reservations about it, but I do everything....

One thing after you install the jack by the way of a long single rod that goes thru where the center stands bolts up, 2 mins. max.. You will put the jack under it and find what I called the sweet spot that is where the MC is perfectly balance, once then you will see how secure it is..

I order mine with the legs cause I will put mine on it when winter sets in..