IGNORED

Dr. report on my thumb

Hummingbird

My visit yesterday was a positive one, I think :think:

He said everything was looking good and that the big black puffy bump on the tip of my thumb would eventually go away.:thumbsup:

The tendon is 'evidently' OK because I can move my upper joint :happy65:

He said that the nerve ending, the one that feels like a lingering 120 volts ac every time I accidently make contact, will (hopefully) go away. If not, he can surgically re-locate it. not a big deal, an out patient thing.

The bad news to me was that he said I'm looking at in excess of 3 months before anything resembling normal is returned. :thumbdown:

Unfortunately, the nerve ending that has become troublesome is EXACTLY where my thumb hits the throttle. I could probably ride but when I hit that 'sweet' spot just eating or lounging, I jump till hell won't have it. Can't imagine what would happen on a bike !

The REAL good news is that I still have all my pieces/parts albeit not all that good but they're still mine.

What, no updated gory pics.

not gory - but here it is

forgot to mention, doc said that if could stand it, leave it open and continue my daily activities.

Being retired I told him that I HAD to have a light duty slip for my wife :smile5:

also, I have a newfound respect for the same table saw I've been using for 20 + years, imagine that ??

You might try a Throttle Boss. It works great and doesn't require the thumb.

:farmer:

I have a throttle boss, guess that's what it's called. has a velcro strap so it's easily adjustable.

Not sure if I can use that as the only method, think I'll wait another week. :think:

Dont worry buddy i will come ride your bike for ya:thumbsup2:

Darrin, I'd let you ride my bike just to keep it in running order except that you are used to a 1st gen and I don't see how you could possibly handle the speed and comfort. :smile5:

Aarrrrggghh !!

Sounds like a good report, just hit that nerve a number of times real good, and it'll either go away, or you will get used to it:think:,,,,,,, ya got to ride man!!!!

Oh man, I've hit it as many times as I want to - don't think I'll get used to it - makes me jump like somebody hit me with a ball bat. Actually, anybody that has grabbed a live 120v live wire knows what I'm talking about, difference is this lingers a lot longer that 120volts. Don't ask me how I know -

You're right, need to ride, not easy walking past the bike and not getting on -