IGNORED

One month on my Goldwing Trike

Godlover

It has been a month since I picked up my 02 Goldwing trike. I've ridden it 3,000 miles in that time and truly enjoy it. I'm waiting for a taller windshield to arrive which will help with the wind buffeting. This has been my biggest complaint. It has a stock windshield and I sit tall so this should remedy the problem. I also installed baker airwings and plan to get the wings for the mirrors.

Sunday I rode 10 1/2 hours and was more tired from the wind as I rode interstate the whole way. It is so easy to ride and takes a ton of stress out of riding. I'm pleased with the purchase.

How are you liking the baker air wings..Ive got a new set but not sure if I want to put them on..Got in my new clearview windshield and will put it on this Saturday..4inch taller than stock.

Tom,

Put them on, NOW!! You won't regret it.

Do you also have the mirror wings? They are really the icing on the cake. They remove so much of the buffeting that your passenger feels.....or in the fully open position they direct a ton of cooling air right at your chest. I love mine.

Someone else here said that he didn't like the looks of them. For me, they just keep getting better looking the more I use them!

Joe

Sunday I rode 10 1/2 hours and was more tired from the wind as I rode interstate the whole way. It is so easy to ride and takes a ton of stress out of riding. I'm pleased with the purchase.

I noticed when I rode a trike that the stress factor had nearly disappeared compared to riding 2 wheels. On a trike, the only thing you have to worry about is everybody else. The road conditions, curves, gravel in entry ways, oil slicks, tar snakes and so many more have very little if NO effect on a trike. Thus allowing a more enjoyable relaxed ride.

:thumbsup:

How are you liking the baker air wings..Ive got a new set but not sure if I want to put them on..Got in my new clearview windshield and will put it on this Saturday..4inch taller than stock.

I like the Baker Air wings - and I plan to get the ones for the mirrors soon. They are not hard to install - just take your time. I read on another forum that instead of drilling into your stock strips - a person can purchase chrome strips and save your painted ones. It took me about 1/2 hour to install them. Use a small punch to mark your drilling spots.

Mark,

Glad you're out riding....

How's the racing season this year?

I'm loving the Millenium you helped me find, I've already worn out the rear tire...

:thumbsup2:

Randy,

Racing season is over! I missed the biggest race last weekend with the Nationwide race but I enjoyed my college reunion. I'm glad you are enjoying your MM - you got one heck of a deal and it was worth driving in all that rain to get it home!!

I miss my MM - it was my favorite bike but the Trike is pretty sweet!

I noticed when I rode a trike that the stress factor had nearly disappeared compared to riding 2 wheels. On a trike, the only thing you have to worry about is everybody else. The road conditions, curves, gravel in entry ways, oil slicks, tar snakes and so many more have very little if NO effect on a trike. Thus allowing a more enjoyable relaxed ride.

:thumbsup:

No truer words spoken there.

Larry

Basically Lowers ( sort of ) for the GW

Wing Stuff, and Honda Direct Line have them on sale now I think.

Here is a photo of mine a couple of years ago, before I put on the Aqua Shields..

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/Misc%20Stuff/twingfront.jpg

Thanks George - I'll look at getting some.

Basically Lowers ( sort of ) for the GW

Wing Stuff, and Honda Direct Line have them on sale now I think.

Here is a photo of mine a couple of years ago, before I put on the Aqua Shields..

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/Misc%20Stuff/twingfront.jpg

I love the MM I bought from you... And so glad you are pleased with the trike.. Here's to the shiny side up and many, many miles of free wind ahead of us... Take care....

I'm pleased someone is taking good care of my MM so I can buy it back when you want to sell it! :big-grin-emoticon:

I put all the baker air wings on mine and would tell anyone on a budget to spend the money for the mirror wings first. They are a must have and I would love to have some thing to fill in the gap between the windshield and mirror when you raise the shield up. My next buy would be the lower wing by the crash bars. To me they take a lot of the heat away on hot days. At first I did not think they did much until I broke one and road with only one on. They make a nice pocket of dead air and its not hot air either. Just my two cents. Nyjerry

I put all the baker air wings on mine and would tell anyone on a budget to spend the money for the mirror wings first. They are a must have and I would love to have some thing to fill in the gap between the windshield and mirror when you raise the shield up. My next buy would be the lower wing by the crash bars. To me they take a lot of the heat away on hot days. At first I did not think they did much until I broke one and road with only one on. They make a nice pocket of dead air and its not hot air either. Just my two cents. Nyjerry

Jerry - I have them ordered - along with the Trike wings - I should be set!