IGNORED

Parting my 88 - Pick'n Pull Party?

So my 88 VR will be parted and sold to the best of my ability, as posted in the aftermarket TCI thread...

It has a lot of chrome parts and extras on it. I was thinking about hosting a 1 day pick'n-pull for anyone who wants to come and 'vulture' it. this way the buyer can assist in removing the part as to not allow me to cause any damage attempting to remove it.

If anything good is left I'll sell on ebay for what I can get it for or on this forum and scrap the rest. Don't want to spend the next 6 months on ebay..

Parts will still be sold indiviually but I'm hoping everyone will be fair about prices. I'm not looking to get rich by any means, just put a fraction of the $2k back in my savings... :(

Of course, this could be a completely bad idea... Any thoughts?

Whaass up Chris?? You wreck it. It's too purdy to scrap it out.

Edit: Sorry, I saw where you are having too many mechanical repairs to deal with. Maybe someone want the entire bike.

Edited by Ponch
Doofus

Everyone, I'm keeping a list going on what people are requesting. I'm getting a lot of requests so please be patient with me as I work to document what is being requested so I don't promise something that isn't available or miss anything.

@ Flyinfool - They are available, send me a PM with info about what you want and we'll go from there.

@ BRileyR - All parts you mentioned have NOT been spoken for yet. Send me a PM with what you want.

Also, to some of you that are more mechanically inclined, I might need some guideance on disassembly as this process moves beyond plastics (Rotors, carburator, transmission etc)...

*EDIT* I'll also post some good pictures today or tomorrow of the bike as a whole so people can see what's on it.

Edited by The Crimson Knight

Hey Chris,

I hate to hear about you troubles with your VR.

I would like the following:

1) AM/FM RADIO CASSETTE SLIDE OUT UNIT

2) THE CB RADIO

3) THE REAR BRAKE CALIPER

4) THE FINAL DRIVE

5) THE DASH,SPEEDO, TACH UNIT WITH THE HOOD

6) THE REARCHROME BUMPER

I have Paypal and Herb (Masterguns) is a pal of mine and would be happy to pull these parts for me.

If you could get a price list together, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Earl (skydoc_17)

@ Ponch - yea, it's really become a source of unhappyness. Haven't gotten to ride at all this year. Seems I just need to save up and spend the $$ on a fuel injected touring bike somewhere down the road. :)

@ MasterGuns - you got it. Sending you a PM

I think I missed something in the translation. Is the bike wrecked or just a pain the get running proper or both?

@JasonM - Replied to your PM about this. Bike is not wrecked at all. Just can't seem to get it running well enough for the performance shop to tune the TCI. Long story short, I'm not mechanically inclined and I'm not looking for a fix-er-bike. Since I have lost all faith in my mechanic, it's just over. I have sunk 7 months and over $1200 into something I still can't get a good ride out of. Parting it out to help the masses and hopefully earn me enough money to put down on a newer cycle one day.

*EDIT* EVERYONE:

MasterGuns is coming out on Saturday to assist me in tearing down as much of the bike as possible in a day that is supposed to be 103+ degrees! I'm not expecting to get the bike completely dis-assembled but I do expect to be able to get many requested items taken off and pictures sent out, measurements taken, condition evaluated and prices set so please be watching your PM and E-mails on Monday! :)

If anyone else in the DFW, TX area wants to come and assist please let me know. I don't think I can take it apart fast enough!!

Edited by The Crimson Knight