IGNORED

Wisconsin maintanence day is ON-July 31st in Sauk City

eagleeye

1113 Monroe Street

Sauk City Wi.

608-393-7445

We've got a couple of weeks to get this ball rolling. I will supply the place/garage, and I have a good selection of tools, a motorcycle lift, and my friend close-by has a HF tire changer that we can use.

It would be good to know who will be here, who will be able to help, and who needs what done.

And if anyone needs to spend a night, that can be worked out too.

See you all soon,

Steve

Edited by eagleeye
added address

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be something I can do.

I ordered a windshield vent from Buckeye Performance and I should get it today.

Got the RotoZip and new bit so I was going to cut a hole and see whats up. Maybe I should wait and come on down.

I will be watching to see whats up with this thread.

I'm pretty sure there will be a couple of CarbTunes here for anyone that wants to sync their carbs. If anyone needs any specialty tools, speak up. Someone in WI probably has it and can bring it along.

Thought include:

Steering head wrench for full adjustment (not the temporary fix)

ColorTune

MityVac

Valve Shim wrench (may be more than we want to tackle at a regional MD)

Maintenance items we can easily perform (and/or show how it's done):

Oil change

Rear drive fluid change

Brake/clutch fluid change

Clutch upgrade (make sure you have a new gasket)

Tire change

Lube drive splines, pins, and drive shaft

Brake pads

Carb sync

HID install

Radio/CB connection cleanup/grease

Adding additional tail lights (depending on style)

Adding fuse block

Plumbing in an auxilliary fuel tank

And there are likely other skills that will be brought to the MD.

Come one, come all. There is great riding in the area also. Sauk City is right on the Wisconsin River and is the gateway to WI highway 60. Close to the Merrimac Ferry (free ferry service across the WI river), Spring Green, Devil's Lake State Park, and other fine scenic locations.

Give EagleEye an idea of what you need done, and he will find the skills and tools required.

RR

Bubber,

I would be very interested in getting involved with your vent since that is on my wish list.

The only thing I may need done is to grease the rear pins, Only because I didn't know they were there the last time I had the rear wheel off. And as long as the rear wheel will be off it might be a good time for rear brake pads. I have one of the special head wrenches that I can bring if requested.

If anyone is doing a 1st gen HID I will bring some items that will be needed, I don't believe that the 2nd gen needs these extras.

I can bring some soldering equipment to repair the assorted PCB issues.

Just let me know what all is needed I'm willing to pack as much as I can carry on the bike.

I may not have all of the technical expertise but I did stay at a Motel 6 once.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you, even though you may regret having to meet me. :whistling:

Iberg,

I can't imagine a ride on Sat. This will be a maintenance day, and I would think busy.

On the other hand, there are some really great roads around here.

I would guess people will get here early and late, no real schedule. Whatever works for you. But if you want something done or are going to help then early would be better.

RR,---Thanks for your help on this-see you then.

Bubber,---Bring the windshield---and the OWL!! You have family in Cross Plains don't you?

Jim,--- For sure bring your carb tune. I'm sure everyone would like to see what you've done to your bike too.

Flyingfool,---I've got soldering gun and solder-----but NO MOTEL 6

I put the platinum burners on my RSTD, but need to be hooked up to electricity.

See you all here,

Steve

Bubber,

I would be very interested in getting involved with your vent since that is on my wish list.

The only thing I may need done is to grease the rear pins, Only because I didn't know they were there the last time I had the rear wheel off. And as long as the rear wheel will be off it might be a good time for rear brake pads. I have one of the special head wrenches that I can bring if requested.

If anyone is doing a 1st gen HID I will bring some items that will be needed, I don't believe that the 2nd gen needs these extras.

I can bring some soldering equipment to repair the assorted PCB issues.

Just let me know what all is needed I'm willing to pack as much as I can carry on the bike.

I may not have all of the technical expertise but I did stay at a Motel 6 once.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you, even though you may regret having to meet me. :whistling:

That would work for me. I have to check it out with my warden before I can commit. But I am sure that she can visit the Grandkids in Madison while I am working on the bike.

I hope to be able to come for the day. I'm always intereseted to learn things about my bike and see what others have done to theirs. I don't have much gear for fixing it cause the never seem to break down. Look forward to being there.

Reno

That may be something I can do.

I ordered a windshield vent from Buckeye Performance and I should get it today.

Got the RotoZip and new bit so I was going to cut a hole and see whats up. Maybe I should wait and come on down.

I will be watching to see whats up with this thread.

Hey Bubber,

I'll bring my CHAIN SAW along. :thumbsup2:

That should go a lot quicker than that little rotozip.:stickpoke:

:sign just kidding:

Hope to see you there, Scooter Bob

Hey Bubber,

:sign just kidding:

Hope to see you there, Scooter Bob

Gee Thanks Scooter for the enthusiasm for ripping a hole in the windshield. :yikes::yikes::yikes: LOL

I thought the idea was precision not rip and gouge a hole. LOL

Details, details, who needs an address.........

It looks like a go for me to make it there, You all have been warned.

The only thing that will stop me now is bad weather, I hate riding in the rain. It might make a clean spot on my ride. :confused24:

I will be bringing a couple of packages of home made dead deer polish sausage to add into the festivities. Same recipe as I brought to WI MD last year.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks.:dancefool:

I thought I'd let you know what I had planned for food. I will have the food ready BEFORE Sat. so I don't have to deal with it on Sat. I've done this before: I'll make a big pot of sloppy joes, EagleEye's world famous baked beans, Texas coleslaw, and whatever else. However, this could change.

I figure people can grab something anytime they want on Sat. Nothing fancy, but with Jeffs sausage and who knows what others might bring, we'll be just fine.

and of course, bring what ever you want to drink.

Steve

Well if speed is going to be of the essence, I'll bring my favorite BFH. :big-grin-emoticon:

That should work great for gettin' the fairing split too.:thumbsup2:

I thought the idea was precision not rip and gouge a hole. LOL

:scratchchin: If it's precision you want, we can poke a few 1/2" holes in it and bolt it down on that Bridgeport table. Then we could mill a real precision vent hole in it.

Come on down Bubber, us Cheesheads will get you all fixed up. :stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

That should work great for gettin' the fairing split too.:thumbsup2:

:scratchchin: If it's precision you want, we can poke a few 1/2" holes in it and bolt it down on that Bridgeport table. Then we could mill a real precision vent hole in it.

Come on down Bubber, us Cheesheads will get you all fixed up. :stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

Will we have to talk about http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00764/packers_764241gm-a.jpg (the girls) and Favre? I hear enough of that from my son-in-law. LOL :crying:

We've got a couple of weeks to get this ball rolling. I will supply the place/garage, and I have a good selection of tools, a motorcycle lift, and my friend close-by has a HF tire changer that we can use.

It would be good to know who will be here, who will be able to help, and who needs what done.

And if anyone needs to spend a night, that can be worked out too.

See you all soon,

Steve

Yo! Eagleeye

What kind of arrangements you got for camping locally. I was thinking of coming after work or so on Friday. I gota tent and bag and stuff like that. Six beer and point me to the tent. LOL :Avatars_Gee_George:

I guess it is about 5 hours from here on the bike.

Bubber

Yo! Eagleeye

What kind of arrangements you got for camping locally. I was thinking of coming after work or so on Friday. I gota tent and bag and stuff like that. Six beer and point me to the tent. LOL :Avatars_Gee_George:

I guess it is about 5 hours from here on the bike.

Bubber

Only a SIX BEER and it's time for the tent??:confused24:

:scratchchin: I don't know how well you'll fit in here in Wesconssinn Bubber. :stickpoke: LOL

Seriously, Steve,

Karen and I are working on arrangements yet, but if we can make it, we would like a space for a small tent on Saturday. How are your town folk about running a campground at your house for the weekend?

As far as Maint goes, I'll be more of a wrench than a need wrenchin'. I'll bring my carb tune. I can help with tire changin' and shaft greasin' and stuff for others. If I find a trailer by then, I'll bring another lift as well.

Thanks for steppin' up Steve, :thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob