IGNORED

Not a pretty sight.....

BoomerCPO

Since beginning work (July 2nd) here in the Bayou's and marshlands of my beloved State we have managed to rescue/save hundreds of brown pelicans-white pelicans, and birds of all species native to this area....

We have 26 Wildlife Transport Vehicles + 28 Drivers. We average from 400 to 900 miles per day (with only 4 hours off for sleep per day.... and NO days off) shuttling the wildlife to Emergency Triage Centers not far from our 3 designated receiving Stations.

The damage is unbelievable....both to that of the wildlife and the beautiful habitat. You won't see this on the MSM News as it all would make the Administration and Bureaucrats look bad.

For anyone who foolishly believes that this is only Louisianna's "problem" just watch what happens when that oil mass (which is now larger than the land mass of Tenn.) comes around Florida and makes its way up the Eastern seaboard all the freaking way to Bar Harbor Maine.

Boomer....who hopes to hell this mess brings BP to its knees and a LOT of worthless Elected officials drown in this oil mess too.

I don't want to sound calous, but hafta ask... What are they doing with the wildlife after they're cleaned up? Return them to the same area and release them to get oiled again?? And since their food supply is being whipped out, what are they feeding on if they are released??? :confused07:

I sympathize with ya Boomer, and I know where you're coming from. But I have to plead with everyone to NOT let this turn into a political thread, or it will be gone quick.

I'm giving Boomer a pass on the generic comments about "worthless elected officials" 'cause that doesn't point the finger to either party or any specific politicians. No reason anyone should feel that was an attack on their own personal favorites, right? So let's just leave it at that, OK all?

Goose

(who hates what is happening, too)

I don't want to sound calous, but hafta ask... What are they doing with the wildlife after they're cleaned up? Return them to the same area and release them to get oiled again?? And since their food supply is being whipped out, what are they feeding on if they are released??? :confused07:

All of the birds are being cleaned/treated at Fort Jackson in Buras,La. When completely stabilized we transport them to the Airport in NO where the Coast Guard takes custody and flies all to Georgia. None of the birds transplanted to Georgia have returned to La. whereas many released earlier in Florida and East Texas have returned, were re-captured,and transported to Georgia as well.

The heartbreak is just beginning....within 2 weeks Pelican chicks will be coming out of their nests and learning to fly. They don't stand a chance of survival. To top that we will have over 100 million birds coming here from the North on 3 different flyways....all to stop and feed/breed/rest here before continiung on to South America to hatch their young.

This will be the largest wildlife disaster ever known to man.....and BP is still making 85 million dollars a day on the oil being skimmed from the Gulf alone. NOT a massive effort here to save the wildlife as it should be!

Boomer.....who sez the Mods can delete this damn thread cuz what I'm saying here is not going to make one damn bit of difference anyway.

Chief,

It does make a difference my friend, I hear it in your heart and your voice. Keep up the good fight brother, If I could help I would, but your in a great position to make a difference and you ARE! We love ya my friend and your making us proud for those of us that can't be there to make things happen.....were right behind you my friend.

SEMPER FI

Chief,

It does make a difference my friend, I hear it in your heart and your voice. Keep up the good fight brother, If I could help I would, but your in a great position to make a difference and you ARE! We love ya my friend and your making us proud for those of us that can't be there to make things happen.....were right behind you my friend.

SEMPER FI

Oh My God !!

Chesty Puller (Lt. Gen. Marine Corps, Most decorated Marine in their history) is probably spinning in his grave.

Hearing squids using the hallowed term Semper Fi.

Have you no dignity.

Political my rump, this is getting personal.

:no-no-no: :backinmyday: :soapbox:

Gary

It breaks my heart to see and hear of all the problems BP and Katrina have done to my beloved home state that I called home for 55 years, I still have connections there and sometimes the urgings to go home again are very strong. Everyone down there is making a great effort to help in the recovery of all the states affected, and it does my heart good to hear of all the effort that is going into it.

Many thanks to Boomer and everyone who is jumping in to help with one of the worst man made disasters of all time. We will be feeling the affects of this for a long time to come, on the Gulf Coast and the Eastern seaboard as well.......

Just wondering here, how can the federal government ban drilling in international waters unless it is through the threat of revoking operating licenses (blackmail??) And what would have happened if this had happened to a Chinese, Venezuelan or Cuban company? You don't suppose they would have voluntarily paid the fines that BP is having to pay right now would you? Or expended the effort and funds to stop this thing?? I'm just wondering ...

Unemployment is up in La?? What the H? they should be at 0% 'cause every one of them should be at the beach cleaning up.

We should give up on carbon based fuels? Tell that to the Chinese who are building a new coal fired powerplant every month while you hitch you horse to your buggy.

I'm not saying this is not a bad thing to have happened and I appreciate what is being done in clean up work, but Prince William Sound made a very nice recovery and so will the Bayou.

Oh My God !!

Chesty Puller (Lt. Gen. Marine Corps, Most decorated Marine in their history) is probably spinning in his grave.

Hearing squids using the hallowed term Semper Fi.

Have you no dignity.

Political my rump, this is getting personal.

:no-no-no: :backinmyday: :soapbox:

Gary

Now thats funny right there, Raised for 10 years by a Marine, so I have seen all the "Motivational" tricks in play. I still love ya Gary, not everyone can be a Marine, but having a thick head helps

:hihi: :stirthepot: