IGNORED

Parking in marked stalls..ediquite and safety

tony h

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin is close to me and the parking meters are a big deal in the summer time BUT there is a sign that says "Maximum of 2 motorcycles per parking space".

We usually put 2 bikes in a space if we are a group riding together but I have seen bikes parked as close as possible and probably 3 per stall and no one says anything.

Taking up this guys spaces sounds like the thing to do, would even be worth expense.

Jerry

Guest KitCarson
Vinny could you find out what the state law book has to say on this. I can find anythink online but I cant see the DMV MC guide contradicting the laws. If I am correct State Law overrides local ordinances?
HI Scott: Hey I am not a lawyer.......but have been around.....I do not remember if it is the State or Federal....do believe it is State Law......gives any municipality.......town......political entity. the right to draw up and enforce local ordinance. All they have to do is have the town or city council post it and read it three times.....vote it in and it is a local ordinance and takes the place of any State Law...yep they can make up any ordinance they wish to. Kit

I'll check the State Law but Kit is right, municpalities have the right to enact certain regulations.they cen't circumvent them, meaning they can't make things that the state says are illegal legal. I'll let you knw but I'm not back to work til Sat.

Luke is sent to the prison camp for cutting the heads off parking meters one drunken night, and when asked what kind of thing that is for a man to do, his explanation is "Small town, not much to do in the evenin'. Mostly just settlin' up old scores."

But remember: "Nobody can eat fifty eggs..."

"I'm shaking it, boss!"

• 2 years later...

I do know as I recently got my motorcycle endorsement.Been riding on a lerners permit(long story). One of the quetions asked was about parking. I didnt know but guessed anyways and got it wright. Answer was bike must be parked on a 90 degree angle with one tire touching the curb. This is a NC state law but is very seldom enforced in the city I live in.

Ope this helps.

DFavid

I look at the back of my bike and see a state license plate... figure that entitles me to a spot. Plus, these aren't 250s that hide in a corner! If there's a designated bike area... ok. And being a smaller guy and not so friendly with spaces sloped down to the divider, so I have to struggle to back her out... I often opt for the back country where I can pull "through" and be pointing "out"... sooooo much easier! But that's just me... do the same with my Norton which isn't nearly so big. I know some non-bikers see "all that space" on either side of my bike and moan... but I also see those wide pickups and SUVs that eat up the territory and just figure "we all have to get along as best we can with each other".

Hey George: I go to Charleston sometimes to see my daughter......parking is a mess....they have banned motorcycles from parking in the parking garages....they will run you out, if they catch you.......so far not towing you off......just warning.........parking prices are tough...like about 1.35 or 2.00 an hour.

A Parking ticket is 2 dollars........Yep I take the chance.....been caught a couple times.....but a 2 dollar ticket is cheaper than the parking fees.:thumbsup: Kit

How is it that they can get away with such obvious discrimination?