IGNORED

1st Gen VS. 2nd Gen

Bubbajbi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thing about a good running first gen. No performance catalog stuff needed. Wife says money saved for Rubys and other important things.
bring it on bigboy,i'm ready for ya,and it's still stock.bring it to eureka springs next year.if i lose i'll buy you and the wife one of the best dinner buffets around.:rasberry::rotf::rotfl::rotf::no-no-no::2133:ps. hope to see you there anyway.bill

Seems to me that my 2nd gen hung right with you 1st gens on the curves during the Eureka Springs ride. In fact, I had to cool it so as not to run over you guys. It also occurs to me that I wasn't left behind on straightaways, either. Even though we were 2 up while some 1st gens were solo.

Like I said, I don't mind 1st gen owners. I will even go riding with them as long as I can ride out front so I don't have to dodge the parts falling off of the 1st gen.

Lets see your 2nd Gen last as long as a 1st Gen.... Our second hand parts are cheaper than the 2nd gen parts

So the 1st Gen looks like a Honda and we all know Hondas never die But your:rotfl:2nd Gen looks like a Harley... sounds like one

There are more 2nd Gen's in the wrecking Yard than 1st gens:rotfl:

thats the whole idea ,it's a motorcycle .it's suppose to look like one.:stirthepot::2133:

Most of the newer cruiser/touring bikes look more like something out of a si-fi movie. :confused24: Where's the barf bag? :confused07:

1st Gen's are what a true classic motorcycle should look like. Guess I just don't like the styling of "modern" bikes.

Lets see your 2nd Gen last as long as a 1st Gen.... Our second hand parts are cheaper than the 2nd gen parts

So the 1st Gen looks like a Honda and we all know Hondas never die But your:rotfl:2nd Gen looks like a Harley... sounds like one

There are more 2nd Gen's in the wrecking Yard than 1st gens:rotfl:

hey charley, we all know why second gens are in wrecking yards.:rasberry::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

Ok guys since I own one of both the 89 and the 99. Yes the 99 has more room and is going to be my main ride. I still will say the 1 st gen rules. :stirthepot:Heat blocked from coming off motor for rider and passenger, more controls for passenger, bigger truck on back . The only change I see would have been passanger room. And on my bikes the 1st gen has better plastic as I will have to replace lots of plastic on the 99 or weld it then going to have to paint it. In other words the 99 is going to be costing me money :mo money:to get it to look good where the 89 all I have to do is clean Scarlett up and she looks good. As for riding the twisties Scarlett (89) is the ride to take.:cool10: So guys there is a womans ownership point of view. Both are great bikes. and I see a long winter coming with the guys doing the 1st gen 2nd gen light side dark side thing. Just so it is a Venture that is what matters. :bighug::sign isnt that spec

On a related note,when I was on my way home from Kansas in August, I was stopped at a gas station this fellow pulled up on a fairly new wing, we got to chatting, he asked me what year my bike was I told him it was an 86 model .He wanted to know if I had a hard time finding parts, I told him I dont know, in:cool10: the 2 years i have had bike I havent had to buy any yet.

On a related note,when I was on my way home from Kansas in August, I was stopped at a gas station this fellow pulled up on a fairly new wing, we got to chatting, he asked me what year my bike was I told him it was an 86 model .He wanted to know if I had a hard time finding parts, I told him I dont know, in:cool10: the 2 years i have had bike I havent had to buy any yet.

he he .. ya coulda said "none have fallen off so haven't had to go lookin"

:sign20:

The only parts that broke off and I had to pick up and fix were the ones the dealer broke every time I took my 83 in for work I couldn't do. It finally came to where I took the bike in completely stripped so they wouldn't end up breaking something when they tried to take it off or put it back on.:o

The only parts that broke off and I had to pick up and fix were the ones the dealer broke every time I took my 83 in for work I couldn't do. It finally came to where I took the bike in completely stripped so they wouldn't end up breaking something when they tried to take it off or put it back on.:o
they are so frail,and dainty.:rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rasberry:

Guest Provoker
Most of the newer cruiser/touring bikes look more like something out of a si-fi movie. :confused24: Where's the barf bag? :confused07:

1st Gen's are what a true classic motorcycle should look like. Guess I just don't like the styling of "modern" bikes.

Are you kidding Stan???

The most memorable comments about my first gen were that it must have been designed by a woman, and that my wife must have picked it out...LOL

The first gen IS a classic, but the second gens look like a classic, which is why I am going to make my first gen look like a second gen:-)