IGNORED

What is next for the RSV?

stringman

Guest tx2sturgis
Does anybody know what is coming down the pike regarding a new RSV. A new engine with fuel injection? Might be in the market for a new touring machine in a year or two.

I was told that the RSV is due for a year off...whatever that means.

I was told that the RSV is due for a year off...whatever that means.

Oh...that is what the RSTD did this year...and what the VMAX did before the beast came out. If all indications of the past are true...then 2012 will be the 3rd Gen Venture...it will probably look like a Wing in front...have a tank and seats from a KAW...and the back end of a Harley, with the engine from a Toyota Supera V6, boss hog style. Saddle bags that have a capacity of 16 gallons each. 144 inch wheel base and come in just under 2000 lbs (1987 lbs) :witch_brew:

Guest tx2sturgis
Oh...that is what the RSTD did this year...and what the VMAX did before the beast came out. If all indications of the past are true...then 2012 will be the 3rd Gen Venture...it will probably look like a Wing in front...have a tank and seats from a KAW...and the back end of a Harley, with the engine from a Toyota Supera V6, boss hog style. Saddle bags that have a capacity of 16 gallons each. 144 inch wheel base and come in just under 2000 lbs (1987 lbs) :witch_brew:

And an optional 6 cassette changer!

:rotf:

The Venture will stay the same until I die and Why change anything Its a great scoot

Because Yamaha wants to sell some bikes and the current version is far overpriced for what you get compared to competitors. Don't want to start a war but those are facts (IMHO lol).

I'll say it again. No one knows not even the factory reps. Go back and look up past threads about this subject and you will see where someone called yamaha usa and the rep told them, "you're going to be surprised with the new venture." That was when the 08 or 09 models were due to be out.

At least we all can count on Yamaha in changing the year on the title ! I heard from a real good source that there will be more :mytruck: of the 1st gen's next year. Whether they all be in tacked or in parts !:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

BEER30

was at bike rally this past wk end factory reps on hand . top man there said don't believe all the rumors about discontined venture etc. you will all be surprised but no other info coming. bill

Yep that is the same thing Yamaha told me back in 08...about the new 09's coming out...

I guess I was surprized about he colors...no Midnight edition for 09 and still got the cassette player as it does also for 2010. :thumbdown: Where do they find these casette players to put in these bikes???...are they recycling them from wrecked bikes? I often wonder if they have some old guy building them in his garage cause I do not think anyone offers one for sale now days.

I think they might have lied to me. :doh: again.

I am hoping for that new VMAX engine...but I am afraid it will be the Strato liner deluxe with a tour pack and full audio package. I think they are testing the water with the Stratoliner deluxe. Strato liner very very nice bike... Most of the upper line bikes have that 1854 CC V twin. Raider, Stratoliner, Roadliner and Stratoliner Deluxe...I saw one at a dealer recently. I had looked at the photos a lot before I actually saw one...and I guess I had built my expectations too high. It was sharp but it did not cause me to want it like the photos did. I was surprized that after I sat on it...and looked at it real close...it did not bother me to leave it sitting right where it was. I did not even ask what they would take for it. I guess I surprized myself on that one. 17490 retail...and I could have a VMAX got $2K more. I think the VMAX would be a lot more fun. I hate to see them use that VMAX engine in just one bike. All them horses wasted on one bike... :crying:

Us yamaha owners don't interpret the word "surprised" the same as yamaha. We think O boy an updated venture. Yamaha means you'll be surprised because they didn't make any changes.

The surprise is how much they raise the price.

I am hoping for that new VMAX engine...but I am afraid it will be the Strato liner deluxe with a tour pack and full audio package. I think they are testing the water with the Stratoliner deluxe. Strato liner very very nice bike... Most of the upper line bikes have that 1854 CC V twin.

yep I`m betting the new Venture will be a v-twin too, most likely the Strato engine, but to me water cooling goes along way for durablity and that has always been a Venture trademark.

If I could use the "way back machine" I would find the founders of v-twin motorcycles and use a stick to persuade them into making washing machines instead...this v-twin thing has permanently stuck motorcycle evolution in the 1950`s with a few exceptions IMO

Compute the amount of money you would spend for sales tax, on a new bike !!

OK, now spend that money on maintenance and upgrades on the bike you now have !!!

This is a good way to " tick off " the economists in WA. D.C.