IGNORED

WoooHooo, just got my Iphone 4 today

Midrsv

I preordered the new Iphone 4 early on the 15th and Fed Ex delivered it today. I like it. It's much improved over the Iphone 3G that I had. It was a snap to switch over from my old phone. The new phone is much faster. The apps are much snappier and the 3G data transfer now approaches broadband speed. It seems that the old Iphone wasn't capable of processing the data at 3G speeds. The new phone seems to correct that. There are many new features and the phone seems easier to hold. Not as slippery as the original.

I just love new toys...

Dennis

Sounds like a very neat toy you have there Dennis. Next thing you know, you will be able to see the person you are talking with on the screen...

I'm not up to speed with all the newest technology out there. All I know is, no matter what type cell phone either of us have we must stay in touch..

And I want to thank you and Valerie again for lunch last week. I enjoyed seeing you both.

I also appreciate and thank you again your offer on my return trip home, but I stayed on I-65 to Nashville.

I have 3 phones on my plan behold (mine) blackberry (daug) g1 ( wife )all nice phones the bill 240 a month (highway robbery) plus really crappy service If you look at the prepaid deals out there some are really great

The cell phone companies will never change until people stop buying the latest and greatest toy that hits the market.

I can get the same service thru prepaid for under a hundred. So you people that want buy the hype and keep your expensive phones and long contracts I for one have had it with the cell phone companies ripoff plans

Ya know, I just don't understand why people have to be plugged into information 24/7/365. I get enough off my desk top, and when not on it I'm not afraid of missing something. If a phone has good coverage and can make a call and receive a call, what else is necessary. Plus spending $200+ bucks a month is damn friggin' ridiculous. We have an AT&T family plan, 3 phones, 500 roll-over minutes a month, unlimited texting for the oldest kid, and it's too much at $85.00/mo. :mo money:

I have an LG Dare. I use it to make & receive phone calls and text messages (of which there are very few or both). I chose this phone for it's large touch screen. It's easy to see and use and it has a screen lockout which I like. It has all kinds of other gadgets and gizmos built into it... I don't use any of them nor do I care to... if all it did was allow me to send and receive phone calls, that would do me just fine.

Buddy was over last evening and showed me his new I-pad ... kewl "gadget" ... I have no use for it. I remember when the rage was Blackberry ... same thing... who cares!

I'd rather spend my bucks on booze and wimmen!! :rotf: :rotf:

Seriously tho, more safety chrome for the scoot would far outweigh spending money on technology gadgets .... heck, I don't even own one of those music thingamajigs ... what do they call them??.... iPod or something like that?? :sign thanks but no

I have a pre-paid phone and when I bought it had a deal that they doubled my minutes for life.

I have to hurry to use them before they run out. cost me $20.00 every 3 monts for 120 minutes.

I use it for PHONE CALLS!!!!!!!!!!

All that other crap is of no interest to me. Why do I want people to be able to get ahold of me 24/7. Sounds like being in jail... :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Hey but thats just me. WTH over.

I don't have an Iphone. Two of my kids do tho and I make them pay me for the data usage. I pay for the phone.

I can understand why some people like to get the newest. There are gadget guys and non-gadget guys. I for one am a gadget guy on a non-gadget guy budget. I love the new stuff just can't afford it, but don't fault the ones who can.

Good for you Dennis,

A few of the guys must have hemorrhoid problems bothering them today with some of the responses.:smile5: Maybe they should go sit in a :snow2: bank and cool off.:whistling:

If ya want it and can afford it have at it.

I preordered the new Iphone 4 early on the 15th and Fed Ex delivered it today. I like it. It's much improved over the Iphone 3G that I had. It was a snap to switch over from my old phone. The new phone is much faster. The apps are much snappier and the 3G data transfer now approaches broadband speed. It seems that the old Iphone wasn't capable of processing the data at 3G speeds. The new phone seems to correct that. There are many new features and the phone seems easier to hold. Not as slippery as the original.

I just love new toys...

Dennis

Call Rush Limbaugh, he couldn't get one. I bet you could sell it to him for megabucks!

:farmer:

I reckon if you put it out there for comments it is open for good and negative both.

My wife ask my if I would get one and my answer was oh yea! I don't have ATT service so it is not an option for me. I have had a Droid and it was an awesome phone too, but did some things that drove me nuts! I text but would rather someone just call me. I have also had an IPOD touch which is the same thing without the phone part and it was very cool. I saw an IPAD in use in our shop last week but thought why not just use a laptop? If you like it and it works for you then go for it.....Ken

Now I must admit, I am a technology guy. I like computers and cameras. I always travel with a laptop. We have two phones and one is the Iphone and the bill is about $100/month. I can afford it and would easily pay more if required. I don't golf, fish or chase women. But I do like electronic toys. I am not an apple worshiper. Actually the phone is the only Apple product I use. I have a friend with the HTC evo Android phone and it is nice with a lot of features. I just didn't find it as easy to use.

Now I don't expect everyone to need or even want an Iphone or any other smart phone. I merely posted to let people know what to expect if they were getting one. And I would guess that many that have never used a smart phone feel they don't need it and see no value in it. However, after using one for a couple of years it has become an necessity. For example, I'll research a topic for work while I am away from my desk. Saves me from going back to my office. I'll snap a photo of something at work and email it to myself rather than find dept. camera, make sure the battery is charged, and then have to transfer the photos. Like tonight I was at dinner with my riding buddies (we do this every Thursday) and we're discussing our upcoming trip out west. I look up points of interest, check mileage between points, check hotel rates, etc. The point is that these things are tools and if you choose to embrace them they can be very helpful in ways you haven't yet imagined.

I recently got a SPOT too. But no need to talk about that here.

Dennis

My daughter sat in line at an Apple Store in Orlando for 14 hours to get her new 4G I-Phone, she paid for it herself with her B-Day money and since it was an ATT upgrade she got it for just over $300. She seems to be very happy with it.

Kevin

:smile5:

I have a pre-paid phone and when I bought it had a deal that they doubled my minutes for life.

I have to hurry to use them before they run out. cost me $20.00 every 3 monts for 120 minutes.

I use it for PHONE CALLS!!!!!!!!!!

All that other crap is of no interest to me. Why do I want people to be able to get ahold of me 24/7. Sounds like being in jail... :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Hey but thats just me. WTH over.

I think its kind of like a baby pacifier or Linus and his blanket. Some folks just can't make it through the day without them. As long as they don't run over me with their cage I don't care. It would be interesting to see what happened if all of a sudden cellphones quit working for one week all over the world. I would guess some people would kill themselves.

I love my iphone. I may go days without talking on it, but I use it all the time for internet access, camera, notepad, reminder alarms, GPS, music, TV, calculator etc. it would take me all day to tell what all it does.

I don't even know why they call it a phone. I couldn't care less if I had a phone.

It would be interesting to see what happened if all of a sudden cellphones quit working for one week all over the world. I would guess some people would kill themselves.

Thats funny....and scary as it would be true

:whistling:

I love my iphone. I may go days without talking on it, but I use it all the time for internet access, camera, notepad, reminder alarms, GPS, music, TV, calculator etc. it would take me all day to tell what all it does.

I don't even know why they call it a phone. I couldn't care less if I had a phone.

Ditto. I use my phone for so many more things than a phone. For instance, I have a free golf/gps app, tells me the yardage from where I'm standing, distance to bunker, river, etc....

I also have an iPad and an older laptop, which I now rarely use, as the iPad does most things I need(except flash). Doesn't generate the heat of a laptop either.

I used my iPhone and iPad the other day for something....cool. I had a birds nest waaaay up high in the rain gutters, probably 21' up. Too high for my ladder. I wanted to remove it but, didn't want to kill any babies. Soooo, using a .99c app called Camera-a, I mounted my iphone to a long tree cutting pole, raised it up to bird nest level and it transmits live video to the ipad on the ground, in my daugher's hand. Good news, no babies and now, no more nest!

Like eazy said, I could go on all day about what it does....

Ok, one more awesome thing.

My bank is USAA, via my iPhone, I can take pictures of the front/back of a check and it will deposit it then and there, via the iphone. Money is in the bank immediately, check then gets shredded! Haven't been inside a bank in years...:thumbsup2: