IGNORED

Wassat?!

vic venture

On my last ride in East Tennessee, I decided to visit the Dragon. While I was in no hurry, I was still making a pretty good clip not just puttin. :cool17: A group of crotch rockets tore past me like a bump in the road. The bikes were loaded and decked out with all the latest speed stuff and the drivers were in full leather with expensive looking helmets and boots. The thing that got my attention more than that was that each one had a gal on the back with nothing but a helmet, sneakers, and a bikini. They were wrapped around those guys tight with their aaaaaatributes stuck up in the air. I hope they never go down! At least I saw none of the bikinis on the tree of shame.:sign Rock On:

A couple of years back KillBoy had pics on his site of a couple dressed up like that. It was a multiple series of shots, and they were on the way down. Sweet young thing on the back in a string bikini was gonna need a skin donor in short order. Still kinda hurts just thinking about it.

ATGATT, bucket, leather or kevlar, gloves, and boots. Irene too. I like me. I like her too.

This is a problem I'm having with my 18 yr old daughter.

All the time she has been around me and bikes she has never seen me saddle up without my gear on. I'll admit...in the worst of days in the heat of summer I'll forgo the jacket and ride in my shirt sleeves. That's my only failure for full gear.

I have spent a bunch of money providing her with proper gear. She has a better helmet and jacket than I do. I make her wear gloves and boots as well. Her current arguement is "If you are that good of a rider, why do I need this stuff?" Grrrrr! When she asks to go with me it's gear up and lets go! These days she usually changes her mind. She don't ride with me without gear......period.

When she has been out with me she see's the crotch rockets with the Joe Rocket guys and the barely clothed girl on the back. She sees the HD boys in thier pirate costumes with the girl on the back with a bikini top, short shorts and thigh high boots and says "At least they look comfortable!"

She has a number of guy friends that ride. Rockets, cruisers and a couple of older sport bikes. They hang in my garage sometimes when I'm out there are a few are even interested in actually learning more about their bikes. I have made it clear, in a fatherly sort of way, that if I ever catch any of them with my daughter on the back with less than full gear on, I will personally re-arrange their exhaust system. If they ever have an accident on the bike with her along, I promise them they will have a hospital bed in the next room to hers. So far...so good. They are not letting her ride with them. At all.

So far I have had one kid that has asked me if we, me and him, could spend some time riding together. Sure, what ya got in mind? He wants me to know how he rides so I would feel comfortable if my daughter went for a ride with him. Hummmm. This one has a brain or he's working me......

So what is the issue here? Guys wanna look tough and cool. Guys want the girlfriend to look hot. Hell the girls wanna look "Hot". The girls wanna be seen with a cool guy!How many of these guys are accepting responsibity for the safety, or the preservation of "hotness" by letting the girls ride without gear?

I couldn't deal with the fact if I caused an injury to my daughter, girlfriend or the neighbor lady across the street if I let them ride without gear and I was involved in some type of mishap......my fault or not.

I don't care if they are "hot". They can sweat all they want to in the jacket, long pants and helmet. I just want them unharmed. :rant:

You guys forgot that they now wear Kevlar Butt-Floss and Nomex Dixie cups! All remaining parts are lubed down with UV (Ultra Velocity) protection to slide right past that road rash. Now I may be on my way to becoming an Ole Geezer, but I keep up on the latest Female trends.:big-grin-emoticon:

BEER30

I see a lot of them half-nekkid gals riding with the crotch-rocket crowd down here. Yeah the weather is hot but that's no excuse for what these young ones are doing. I cringe every time one of em tears by me doing 90mph or better and they're packing the girlfriend with em.

Boomer.....who's getting tired of these scantily clad dolls getting the pygmies all excited too.:depressed:

This is a problem I'm having with my 18 yr old daughter.

All the time she has been around me and bikes she has never seen me saddle up without my gear on. I'll admit...in the worst of days in the heat of summer I'll forgo the jacket and ride in my shirt sleeves. That's my only failure for full gear.

I have spent a bunch of money providing her with proper gear. She has a better helmet and jacket than I do. I make her wear gloves and boots as well. Her current arguement is "If you are that good of a rider, why do I need this stuff?" Grrrrr! When she asks to go with me it's gear up and lets go! These days she usually changes her mind. She don't ride with me without gear......period.

When she has been out with me she see's the crotch rockets with the Joe Rocket guys and the barely clothed girl on the back. She sees the HD boys in thier pirate costumes with the girl on the back with a bikini top, short shorts and thigh high boots and says "At least they look comfortable!"

She has a number of guy friends that ride. Rockets, cruisers and a couple of older sport bikes. They hang in my garage sometimes when I'm out there are a few are even interested in actually learning more about their bikes. I have made it clear, in a fatherly sort of way, that if I ever catch any of them with my daughter on the back with less than full gear on, I will personally re-arrange their exhaust system. If they ever have an accident on the bike with her along, I promise them they will have a hospital bed in the next room to hers. So far...so good. They are not letting her ride with them. At all.

So far I have had one kid that has asked me if we, me and him, could spend some time riding together. Sure, what ya got in mind? He wants me to know how he rides so I would feel comfortable if my daughter went for a ride with him. Hummmm. This one has a brain or he's working me......

So what is the issue here? Guys wanna look tough and cool. Guys want the girlfriend to look hot. Hell the girls wanna look "Hot". The girls wanna be seen with a cool guy!How many of these guys are accepting responsibity for the safety, or the preservation of "hotness" by letting the girls ride without gear?

I couldn't deal with the fact if I caused an injury to my daughter, girlfriend or the neighbor lady across the street if I let them ride without gear and I was involved in some type of mishap......my fault or not.

I don't care if they are "hot". They can sweat all they want to in the jacket, long pants and helmet. I just want them unharmed. :rant:

Sweat wipes off... Road rash doesn't... Neither does DEAD!!

Answer to the 1st question is " I may be a perfect rider but the other drivers out there are idiots and you never know when you are going to meet one acting out their full idiocy."

Part 2.Well she is 18 and like it or not she is going to be making more and more of her own decisions,and you wont like all of them.You have taught her the right way to ride and now you can only hope she will follow your teachings and hope that the lesson for not following them is not too costly.Keep reminding her of what is right and her boyfriends of what behavior you expect from them and you have really have done as much as you can now. At least her friends come around and talk to you and appear to listen you and that is a very good thing.You have a very good relationship it seems with both parties and having raised 5 kids myself I know how hard that is.It doesn't matter if the young man who wants to ride with you is smart or playing you the outcome is the same.Good luck.

Guest Swifty
The bikes were loaded and decked out with all the latest speed stuff

each one had a gal on the back with nothing but a helmet, sneakers, and a bikini. They were wrapped around those guys tight with their aaaaaatributes stuck up in the air.

I've heard that those bike manufacturers are incorporating some new air bag technology into their new model years.

;)

On my last ride in East Tennessee, I decided to visit the Dragon.:sign Rock On:

What was the date?

Oh and what I thought was interesting, was not how fast the sport bike went by me, but how fast the locals on scooters passed the sport bikers once they hit the down hill side.