IGNORED

I'm pooched now....

BoomerCPO

I fear the fuel pump has given up the ghost on my 06. Won't start at all with the choke out....maybe 1-2 clicks from the fuel pump when I turn the key.

Tank full of fresh gas....new fuel filter....everything else working fine.

They shoot horses don't they?

Boomer.....well stuck for a while it looks like.....sigh.:crying:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear the fuel pump has given up the ghost on my 06. Won't start at all with the choke out....maybe 1-2 clicks from the fuel pump when I turn the key.

isn't there a fairly cheap generic available at autozone?

Your bike is still under warranty.

Your bike is still under warranty.

Good thing they gave those second gen's a five year warranty.

Those first gen's are like an Energizer Bunny, keep going & going & going, till you can't see how far ahead they are !!!

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/energizer.jpg

Gary

didnt I see a thread the other day on how to make the second gens run on gravity feed?

Just an idea on a way to get her to the dealor.

David

I just found the info for the gravity feed set-up.

I'm wondering if I can by-pass that fuel pump and use the gravity feed method with an in-line filter as a permanent set-up.....

AND....I just went out and fired up the scoot.....the fuel pump is obviously the problem with this intermittment operation.....grrrrrrrrr,,,,,,

Boomer.....who's gonna kick a few pygmies now for stress relief.....

Isn't road side assistance part of the warranty?

Yep...But good luck with THAT down heah in the flatlands of Loozeeanner.

When I was in CT the Dealer was a good friend of mine and his Shop was 8 miles away from me.....Not so the case here in de flatlands.....sigh.

Boomer.....hanging tough and the darn pygmies are running for their lives.

Boomer,

I hate that your not making Don's MD. I was bringing a box of Nicaraguan stogies and a bottle of Scotch just for the occasion. I remember hearing on here how much you love the single malt!

Dang it.

And don't send no pygmies to take your place. I ain't sharing with no dang pygmies....

A quick search on Mr Gasket Fuel Pump yielded the following:

It was a Mr. Gasket #42S and it seems pretty universal. I don't know if it would fit your bike. Needed finagling to fit mine. But now I can get one at almost any auto parts store if the need arises.

I needed a couple fittings, like a right angle and a fuel line splice, plus 4 hose clamps. I also had to drill a hole to mount it. You see, the stock fuel pump had the in and out on the same end, but the Mr. Gasket 42S had the in on one end, and the out on the other.

If it were me, I'd install it and make sure it runs, then put it in the saddle bag for a future day. Then you'll have done the thinking in comfort, instead of along the road

It was a Mr. Gasket #42S and it seems pretty universal. I don't know if it would fit your bike. Needed finagling to fit mine. But now I can get one at almost any auto parts store if the need arises.

I needed a couple fittings, like a right angle and a fuel line splice, plus 4 hose clamps. I also had to drill a hole to mount it. You see, the stock fuel pump had the in and out on the same end, but the Mr. Gasket 42S had the in on one end, and the out on the other.

If it were me, I'd install it and make sure it runs, then put it in the saddle bag for a future day. Then you'll have done the thinking in comfort, instead of along the road

Thank you....I have copied/pasted the info into a folder for very near future use.

Boomer.....who sez the last time he had this kinda aggravation it wuz coming from.....ahhhh the heck with it.:crying:

Hmmm, this seems familiar? :whistling:

It's not a hard job. Boomer, if you need me to come over on Friday, let me know. It's my day off and I like to ride.

Dave

Boomer,

I hate that your not making Don's MD. I was bringing a box of Nicaraguan stogies and a bottle of Scotch just for the occasion. I remember hearing on here how much you love the single malt!

Dang it.

And don't send no pygmies to take your place. I ain't sharing with no dang pygmies....

What can I say Bro? I'm backed into a corner here. Regardless....Enjoy the Big Meet and give it hell for me !!

Boomer.....who would ask for Divine Intervention but the Big Guy would prolly give me a bolt of lightning to the keister instead of help....:crying:

Hmmm, this seems familiar? :whistling:

It's not a hard job. Boomer, if you need me to come over on Friday, let me know. It's my day off and I like to ride.

Dave

Thanks Dave!!

I'm going to try and do the gravity feed set-up....then see about getting the scoot clear over to Baton Rouge where there is a very good Dealer.

Boomer.....who now owes the pygmies a few apologies for the beatings.....

Don't worry Boomer...I'm not a big drinker but if offered, will enjoy one of those cigars and a shot of that single malt in your honor. :)

Thanks Don!! I really hope everyone has a great time....If Lady Luck helps a bit I might have the scoot ready by next week.....I was going to ride up with Kbran and Squid.....sigh.

Boomer....off to give the pygmies another beating now.....

Boomer

pump and tools are going out FED-EX this morning.:dancefool:

I will get a tracking number later

Plug the pump in before you remove the old one and verify that it works before taking the old one out. Evertyhing is there pump, hose, filter, bracket the whole nine yards.

Included is a set of open end wrentches and hex head wrentches. This should get you the dealer or even Don's and back.

Good luck and let me know whats up when you tear in to it. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bubber

aka Steve

Boomer

pump and tools are going out FED-EX this morning.:dancefool:

I will get a tracking number later

Plug the pump in before you remove the old one and verify that it works before taking the old one out. Evertyhing is there pump, hose, filter, bracket the whole nine yards.

Included is a set of open end wrentches and hex head wrentches. This should get you the dealer or even Don's and back.

Good luck and let me know whats up when you tear in to it. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bubber

aka Steve

Thanks Bubber....I owe you big time buddy. Today I'll attempt to pull the old fuel pump off the scoot. Kbran is on hot stand-by with his cell phone if I get my fingers stuck....lol

I really hope to have the scoot ready and hook up over at Kbrans for the ride up to Don's. :fingers-crossed-emo

Boomer....who sez ya can't put a price on friendship and the folks here prove that every day.

Thanks Bubber....I owe you big time buddy. Today I'll attempt to pull the old fuel pump off the scoot. Kbran is on hot stand-by with his cell phone if I get my fingers stuck....lol

I really hope to have the scoot ready and hook up over at Kbrans for the ride up to Don's. :fingers-crossed-emo

Boomer....who sez ya can't put a price on friendship and the folks here prove that every day.

And seriously, if you need me to ride there tomorrow to babysit the pygmies while you work, let me know. I have it mind to head to Abita and retrieve a growler of the good stuff if yer done in time.

Dave