IGNORED

WWII Five Brothers, Memorial Day

Owen

Five brothers went off to fight for our freedoms in WWII. One of them was my father, Owen Sr.

On this Memorial Day, May 31, 2010, the surviving Quarles veteran brothers Bob, Carey and Carson honor, remember and pay tribute to their deceased veteran brothers, Owen and Lewis:

Lewis E. Quarles was a tail gunner in the Navy. He survived being shot down twice during World War II. He passed away on December 15, 2001.

Owen F. Quarles fought on the front line in Germany as an infantry soldier. Only through the grace of God was Owen able to return home alive. Owen suffered the scars of front line fighting for the rest of his life after the World War II. On the night of his death on October 3, 2001, he heard bombs blasting and guns blazing out side his hospital room. Some times there are worse things than dying.

May God bless the service of all the men and women who are serving and have served this Country in the military. May their service and dedication be honored and remembered with reverence.

It is the VETERAN , not the preacher, who has Given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN , not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN , not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN , not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN , not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN , not the politician, Who has given us the right to vote.

The Quarles Brothers

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w337/Owen064/MailAttachment.jpg

Owen my friend they were not called The Greatest Generation for doing nothing. Their work and sacrifice built this Country. It will take Generations to restore our Country to the greatness that men like this did in just their lifetime.

Boomer.....with respect and humility.

may we be worthy of their sacrifice.

:sign yeah that: Amen to that statement

Owen,

Outstanding rememberance for your family, the world will never again know a generation as great as that one.

Semper Fi

Edited by Squidley

Owen, it is a small world. I have an article from the Victoria Colonist in my home town, for my father and his 4 brothers April 12, 1944:

E.R.A Albert Cownden

P.O. Arthur Cownden (my dad)

P.O. Walter Cownden

FLT. SGT. Vincent Cownden (Shot down over Holland)

SGT Maurice Cownden

A small line divides our countries on the map but we are very close to brothers.

Thanks to all of those who serve our countries every day.