IGNORED

In and outta love with "RSV"

kyle

:clap2:Here it goes: bought new to me in 2008, a silver 2005 rsv 23,000 miles. LOVED IT, bought sight unseen, test rode 20 feet into trailer. 24,000 miles rearend started squeaking before 2 week trip: outta love. New avons and greased hub pins back in LOVE. On our 2 week trip started running kinda crappy , rough and unresponsive: OUTTA LOVE. Get home, $100 morgan carbtune:back in LOVE. 25,000 miles seat getting a little weak, sore butt: OUTTA LOVE Rick butler works on seat : back in LOVE road king mufflers start to sound like crap: OUTTA LOVE lastweek put stocks back on, made and installed leveling links: back in LOVE in a big way. this dang bike will let you down sometimes but a couple tweeks and she gets back in your graces and she's the greatest. If theres a better bike built today i will kiss your @$$.

I ain't rode a bike yet that didn't need tweeking from time to time. Use to give me something to do in the winter time but down here winter is only around for 2 or 3 days at a time and then we is ridin again. By the way you got the fastest model/color they make....:rotf:

I loved mine when I got it ... then I realized it was a "screamer" (clutch basket whine/chirp) ... out of love. Got that swapped to an I basket ... back in love. Found it hard to steer in twisties and parking lots ... out of love. Put a 130 tire on the front...back in love. Now noticing a "squirrelly" issue while travelling on lateral uneven road ... out of love. Got a new rear tire of same style as front on order .... hope I'll be back in love.

I'm thinking that since the front tire is a "sport touring" tire versus the rear is just "touring" and getting close to being worn out is what is causing the "squirrelly" feeling. Doubt it's the steering head bearing coz I checked that already and this feeling only started when the new 130 tire went on.

Failing that, stock size will go back on the front and leveling links will go on the rear.

One things for sure, I just love the LOOKS of the bike. That never falters.

The leveling links alone give a semi sport bike feel. I took some corners this weekend pretty quick where before i would slow way down and work it thru. Amazing how a little change can have such drastic results which is good cause were off to tennessee this week for a week.:Venture:

:clap2:Here it goes: bought new to me in 2008, a silver 2005 rsv 23,000 miles. LOVED IT, bought sight unseen, test rode 20 feet into trailer. 24,000 miles rearend started squeaking before 2 week trip: outta love. New avons and greased hub pins back in LOVE. On our 2 week trip started running kinda crappy , rough and unresponsive: OUTTA LOVE. Get home, $100 morgan carbtune:back in LOVE. 25,000 miles seat getting a little weak, sore butt: OUTTA LOVE Rick butler works on seat : back in LOVE road king mufflers start to sound like crap: OUTTA LOVE lastweek put stocks back on, made and installed leveling links: back in LOVE in a big way. this dang bike will let you down sometimes but a couple tweeks and she gets back in your graces and she's the greatest. If theres a better bike built today i will kiss your @$$.

So, its a Love -Hate relationship:confused24::whistling:

Purchased 2001, RSMV, with BUB pipes. Today, 5/25/2010, 126,000 miles and fun. I know that all bikes need attention, but this machine needs very little. Butt Butler seats, and RSTD handle bars with some chrome and leveling links and I will be riding for years to come.

:farmer: