IGNORED

OK...how many WINGNUTS do we have?

Freebird

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

change registration to have a few mandatory fields, one of which is what make and model bike you want to register here. Maybe up to two bikes?? Then you can just do a search on who has what. Might want to add a check box for trikes and sidecars too...

I'd say "shouldn't be too hard", ... but what the heck do I know :confused24:

I've got an '82 1200 that still smokes and is on it's 2nd engine! It needs a lot of plastic work and there are two donor bikes for it. Not enough time or inclination! Does all that count?

The '86 Venture is still my favorite and daily ride!

Heck...I think we are ALL Wingnuts. :) Also, we don't care what anybody rides, all are welcome here. I'm just thinking that for a certain model bike that enough members here have, maybe there should be a forum here for them. In other words, I don't want to create a separate forum for any bike that a single member here rides but maybe for any bike that "X" number of members here are riding.

Hope I don't get fired now..:whistling:..but I happen to have an 02 Goldwing....

But only because I wrecked my beautiful 05 RSV and I surely couldn't pass up the deal I got on this GW, side car body, spare rear wheel with brand new tire mounted and balanced, and a pull behind trailer package deal.

As always, I will offer any help I can to any member or non member on their wing just as I would for anyone owning a Yamaha Venture.

Heck...I think we are ALL Wingnuts. :) Also, we don't care what anybody rides, all are welcome here. I'm just thinking that for a certain model bike that enough members here have, maybe there should be a forum here for them. In other words, I don't want to create a separate forum for any bike that a single member here rides but maybe for any bike that "X" number of members here are riding.

Finally deciding to take my suggestion...took you long enough:whistling::rasberry:

When I joined VR.o I had a GL1500 Goldwing but was looking at the Venture. I joined just so I could ask questions. Then I got hooked on the people here. They truly didn't care what mc I rode, took me in just like a brother....albeit a "black sheep" brother! :D

Not really, no one even asked about the GW unless they were truly interested in details on the bike. Never felt pressure to buy a Venture.

Later I did buy a Venture, had trouble selling the Wing, decided to sell the Venture. Did that, a year later I bought another RSV and this time did sell (gave away almost) the Wing. After a year with the Venture I finally have accepted the fact that I am a Goldwinger at heart, so the RSV is now for sale and a GL1800 occupies the position of honor (under my gluteus maximus).

But I will never leave this wonderful organization no matter whether there is a separate section for Wings or not. I'm staying until I'm driven out with whips and torches, dagnabbit, and you're just going to have to like it or lump it!!!!:buttkick:

Well, I became a "Wing Nut" yesterday. bought a 2004 1800 and rode it 3 hours home and fell in love. Now this doesn't mean I fell OUT of love with my '86 VR, it will remain beside the newer (but higher mile) GW and I plan on riding both regularly. But now I hope to be able to take a long trip or two with my older son who has a 750 Shadow cruiser, but doesn't want to go on long trips because it doesn't have the protection he wants, or the luggage space. I can loan him the VR or we can swap back and forth during the trip, but being the power hog that he is, if he gets on the wing, he may never stop!

But wow, these 1800's have BUNCHES of power. I humiliated a guy that was trying to stop me from going past (so I could give him room to move over for a car merging from an on-ramp, I had started passing before the ramp) as I just twisted the throttle, and bike and trailer (the bike came with a neat Bushtech trailer) leaped forward! This thing has torque to spare. The VR is plenty quick, but the Wing is another universe.

So if I show up at events on a Titanium Wing...please be kind and understand that I am not being disloyal to my VR, just became an old style Mormon and am building my total of "wives!" :cool10:

Well, I became a "Wing Nut" yesterday. bought a 2004 1800 and rode it 3 hours home and fell in love. Now this doesn't mean I fell OUT of love with my '86 VR, it will remain beside the newer (but higher mile) GW and I plan on riding both regularly. But now I hope to be able to take a long trip or two with my older son who has a 750 Shadow cruiser, but doesn't want to go on long trips because it doesn't have the protection he wants, or the luggage space. I can loan him the VR or we can swap back and forth during the trip, but being the power hog that he is, if he gets on the wing, he may never stop!

But wow, these 1800's have BUNCHES of power. I humiliated a guy that was trying to stop me from going past (so I could give him room to move over for a car merging from an on-ramp, I had started passing before the ramp) as I just twisted the throttle, and bike and trailer (the bike came with a neat Bushtech trailer) leaped forward! This thing has torque to spare. The VR is plenty quick, but the Wing is another universe.

So if I show up at events on a Titanium Wing...please be kind and understand that I am not being disloyal to my VR, just became an old style Mormon and am building my total of "wives!" :cool10:

Almost takes your breath away the first time you snap that throttle open, doesn't it. Dang thing is gonna get me in trouble if I don't get over that new-found thrill.

:big-grin-emoticon:

the 1800 wing just seems to do it all. the only draw backs are they are a bear to work on, and you pay the leg room price for all that power. they set the standard for touring bikes and you never have to work on them. theres guys on the wing site that have over 300,000 miles on them and do the recommended 8000 mi. oil and filter changes with dino oil. they are bullitt proof reliable, fast, handle like a sport bike, comfortable, plug and play on most accessories, loaded with the latest gadgets, and a trememdous selection of aftermarket goodies. they are bargain priced if you shop around. what more can i say. guess thats why i'm a wingnut. :2133:

I have had my wing for about 2-3 months now and almost 4000. miles.I did the first oil change my self at 3100 and it was a piece of cake. Best part honda doesn't make it mandatory for a dealer to do it, just keep receipts and log them in the book or on the honda owners web site. Harley you most take back to dealer at 1500 miles and around here that first change is costing guys $250. I had a 87 venture and think they ride about the same on the open roads. Know when it comes to handling the wing has will win hands down with that lower center of gravity. The wing does have a lot more power then the venture, but be real it is a 6 cylinder to a 4. My biggest thing is they geared it way to low. Guys complained about the new ventures not being able to use fifth gear around town. I think if I tried I could take off in forth or fifth. First gear is almost useless and probably in possible to stall the thing.

Now for comfort its a little nicer for me but the wife, she says the venture has it all over the wing or harley. she loved the seat back being adjustable and you could sit straight up with it.The venture hand rails fit her better too.

I'm still a venturerider at heart and really like the people I've met here and on rides.:7_6_3[1]:

Me for Now, but I have been having VISIONS of a new bike recently:whistling:

There is a new Victory Vision parked at work. ABS and all the goodies. It is so new the guy didn't even know what all the options were on the bike. It is heavier than the Venture, or the wing from what he told me (not making any claims here, just repeating what he said). The thing looked nice with the frame mounted fairing and what looked like really comfy seats. Made in America to boot (just like the wing). Don't know if I'd take it over a wing, but the reason I haven't bought a wing is I just can't see being the fourth guy parking a wing in the motorcycle parking at work. I like the uniqueness of my V4, and the simple to work on design. I just barely got mine how I like it, now that its about to run out of warranty. Think I'll just keep thinking about replacing it....

ive been a wingnut since 92, had 2 1200s, and currently a hybrid 77 with an 1100 engine thats not even close to stock. i would not be afraid to run an 1800 at all. i have decided that my 83 VR will be for sale in a couple weeks (when we get back from our honeymoon trip) and i will be building another custom wing....starting with an 83 interstate platform........think "street glide" :scared:

ive been a wingnut since 92, had 2 1200s, and currently a hybrid 77 with an 1100 engine thats not even close to stock. i would not be afraid to run an 1800 at all. i have decided that my 83 VR will be for sale in a couple weeks (when we get back from our honeymoon trip) and i will be building another custom wing....starting with an 83 interstate platform........think "street glide" :scared:
i bought a new 75 wing in 1976. it was a really fine bike. electric smooth and fairly fast. my 08 1800 is electric smooth and ultra fast. honda must have done something right in the beginning. it's been 35 years, and they still have a winner. :clap2: