IGNORED

buying 2007 RSV info

No problems that would stop someone from buying it.

Take a look at the 2nd gen tech library to see what things people work on.

Some have a whine in the clutch basket, but its not any noisier than most motorcycles.

A 2007 should stil have 2 or more years of a transferable factory warranty.

With low miles on it, it might need the fuel system cleaned up by draining the gas and putting in fresh with some SeaFoam. I'd probably change the engine oil and rear gear oil in it also.

Is it a dealer demo, or a privately owned used machine?

My 2007 has been trouble free since I bought it. I do know that there was a service bulletin to retorq the heads but that was done before I picked it up.

I was going to mention this so, if it's is from a dealer make sure this was taken care of.

I just purchased my 07 rsv this past winter, after 18 days the rear gasket blew out of the head. Just got it back from the dealer last week with a complete topend rebuild done on their dime. They never checked the service bulletins and my vin was defintely one of those effected. It was a pain but the dealer covered everything and mine was an american bike they dragged up here to canada. So the warranty for some weird reason is void here now but they still covered it. I have purchased a two year warranty to cover whatevers just in case, but it wasn't needed in this case..

I have to add I have owned alot of bikes but this bike has to be the best I've ever ridden, everyday I ride it I fall in love with it more. The wife is calling it my mistress. You won't regret purchasing this bike, should have gotten one years ago..

We just got back from a W/E trip to Indianapolis this past W/E, to & from Omaha, NE.

We rode in rain from Indy to St. Louis, otherwise the weather was just cool. We pulled my trailer both ways. We went for a charity ride in Indy with mostly HDs. I really felt like the 'odd man out' and even considered trading my Venture to be one of the HD crowd.

I just can't do it!! This bike is awesome. After driving to and from work yesterday, I never realized how rough riding my Truck is. - The Venture is just THAT smooth!!.

If / when they come up with a third generation Venture, they are really going to have a high mark to beat with the 2nd Gens.

craigr

My 87 royale rode very smooth and that was a concern. It belonged to the dealers brother in law. say's the wife would't let him drive it very much (hard to believe). It is called a full dressed VSTAR 1300 touring. Has saddle bags. I am 64 and shrinking so the 3 inch shorter seat hieght is a great deal. he is asking $7995.00.

It is called a full dressed VSTAR 1300 touring. Has saddle bags. I am 64 and shrinking so the 3 inch shorter seat hieght is a great deal. he is asking $7995.00.

Now wait!! Are you looking at an 07 RSV or an 07 VSTAR 1300 touring?

The VSTAR 1300 Touring is not a RSV. The RSV is a V-4 liquid cooled shaft drive touring bike with fairing, stereo, CB, tour pack, and hard saddlebags. The VSTAR Tourer is a V-Twin air cooled, belt drive with windshield and hard covered saddlebags. It is also about 150 lbs lighter than the RSV. Have not ridden one so don't know how it rides, but being a V-Twin it will probably have more vibration than the RSV V-4.

My 87 royale rode very smooth and that was a concern. It belonged to the dealers brother in law. say's the wife would't let him drive it very much (hard to believe). It is called a full dressed VSTAR 1300 touring. Has saddle bags. I am 64 and shrinking so the 3 inch shorter seat hieght is a great deal. he is asking $7995.00.

... are you looking at a 2-cylinder or 4-cylinder machine? Please advise, and then let the answers roll in...

TERRY

The VSTAR 1300 Touring is not a RSV. The RSV is a V-4 liquid cooled shaft drive touring bike with fairing, stereo, CB, tour pack, and hard saddlebags. The VSTAR Tourer is a V-Twin air cooled, belt drive with windshield and hard covered saddlebags. It is also about 150 lbs lighter than the RSV. Have not ridden one so don't know how it rides, but being a V-Twin it will probably have more vibration than the RSV V-4.

The 1300 V star is liquid cooled, the 950 V star is air cooled