My Venture Royale does not have a CB Radio. thirdbike (from classifieds) will sell me the control unit and the transformer/filter piece that fits to it. What else do I need to add a CB to my bike?

-Vinny

You may also need the right side console cover that was made to hold the CB head.

Gary

And the bucket that goes under it, there's two different ones, a short one and a long one. Depends on what unit you have.

Vinny-

My opinion. You can spend a lot of time and money adding a CB with 20+ year parts and it may still not work well or... you can get the J&M CB (jmcb-2003) that also allow you to hook up an IPOD type devise and can get a version with an intercom for you and a passenger.

Like I said.... my two cents worth!

It have an '86 and my wife has a '08 Harley with the J & M. If works great!!

Dave

On my Kawasaki Concours, (hey, can I say Kawasaki on this forum?), I have the JM CB 2003-DU. This is the dual rider version, it has CB/NOAA weather radio, and the i-pod plug in. While it does not have am/fm, this system has more than satisfied all my needs. It has great sound quality through my helmets, and pretty decent range on the cb. That being said, if you do not have an existing system, or want to upgrade, this is a great way to go. You can try and find 20+ year old parts, wiring, accessories, and panels, and then try to figure it all out, or get a system like this, and be done with it. Installation is about 1-2 hours for even the most complex system, and sound quality through your helmet, with the right lower cord is amazingly good. On my current Voyager, I still have the factory am/fm/cb/tape system, and would seriously look into adding this system to replace my old components. Pricewise, they are a little spendy, if you buy them new. Expect to pay about $600-700 for the complete system, including the i-pod adapter if you go new. Or, if you are considering it, check out E-Bay. I bought my complete system on E-bay for about $400. Granted it was used, but, it still worked great, and JM is very helpful with parts, and quick shipping. Just my 2 cents worth.

Vinny-

My opinion. You can spend a lot of time and money adding a CB with 20+ year parts and it may still not work well or... you can get the J&M CB (jmcb-2003) that also allow you to hook up an IPOD type devise and can get a version with an intercom for you and a passenger.

Like I said.... my two cents worth!

It have an '86 and my wife has a '08 Harley with the J & M. If works great!!

Dave

:sign yeah that:

If you look at the J&M website they also have the "Integrator IV" which utilizes a portable CB radio, the CB on my 1990 VR is giving me fits, so I just bought the Integrator and the portable CB for around 150.00 dollars, plus that Integrator allows you to plug in an MP3 player, cell phone and GPS... It's hopefully going to bring my VR into the 21st century.. :)