IGNORED

Aussie Strine.....

Aussie Annie

We have a weird way of talking over here sometimes, it's calles "aussie strine" OR rhyming lingo!!

What silly one's have you heard :confused24:

cheese & kisses...missus

dog & Bone.......phone

septic tank.......yank

niagara falls.....balls (s'cuse me)

The head is the reference to where the potty hole use to be way back in the day. Here's a full description for ya.

The use of the term "head" to refer to a ship's toilet dates to at least as early as 1708, when Woodes Rogers (English privateer and Governor of the Bahamas) used the word in his book, A Cruising Voyage Around the World. Another early usage is in Tobias Smollett's novel of travel and adventure, Roderick Random, published in 1748. "Head" in a nautical sense referring to the bow or fore part of a ship dates to 1485. The ship's toilet was typically placed at the head of the ship near the base of the bowsprit, where splashing water served to naturally clean the toilet area.

Aren't ya glad you asked?

Margaret

:bang head:Give it up Annie. Looks like they're trying, but you guys definately talk differently that we do.:bang head:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i will give it a try -

Adam and Eve - believe

Christmas crackers - knackers

On a sailing ship the wind comes from behind. Piss off the back in a stiff breeze and..well you get the picture. So the area of the bow where the forestay connects the masthead to the bowspirit was used. Kept the wind at your back.

Mike

We have a weird way of talking over here sometimes, it's calles "aussie strine" OR rhyming lingo!!

What silly one's have you heard :confused24:

cheese & kisses...missus

dog & Bone.......phone

septic tank.......yank

niagara falls.....balls (s'cuse me)

" Well, they tanned 'me' hide when I died Clyde an' that's in hang'in on the shed" !

Renne....If I only had a 'Roo",,,maybe 2 !:crackup::crackup::crackup: