IGNORED

Not trying to start somthing, but..

Herb In Texas

i did a google on it and came up with nothing.

i believe it is a bit early for official news, but not so for rumors and hear say.

here is my opinion that stems from last year- they will stay with the current model for 2011 due to the economy. they will produce less of them for the same reason.

they are probably continueing R & R for an updated model for the near future, but want to time the market.

I don't believe the current model meets the emissions guidlines. I hears that the 2010 only was allowed because they were built before 2010. I have nothing else that would say there will be another Venture.

:farmer:

That is what I read also, but I have also read that the EPA rules were for any 2010 model year bike. If that second it true, then they could keep going without a change for 11.?????

Its the usual heresay like they talked to a salesguy that has seen the 2011 at a show and its really nice,but no specifics....As Usual!........ I dont beleive any of it until I see it!

Over on the Venturer site some guys are just eating that up.....

brian

on the emissions side, i saw a yamaha water craft with 3 cylinders that is fuel injected. it was not new either. I don't see why they can't fuel inject the RSV. maybe they have and are not releasing it for market reasons.

there are so many bikes from 99 to 2010 that parts inventory should not be an issue in the light of having all that left from not being able to produce a sellable motorcycle.

we just don't know what yamaha will do.

it would be nice to have an updated instrument panel, sound and light updates and a fuel injected motor. the rest of the bike seems ok to me.

it's not like the technology is edge, just put it in the fairing.

The reason I am asking is the GL1800 has realy caught my eye. And although I have 3 years of waranty left by year end I should be in the 100k range so Im thinking by fall I should be looking to replace this Venture with another one or go on and get the GL. I suppose I just need to wait and see what is realeased in the fall. But then comes the GL for 2011 whats it gonna be 2000cc is rumored. But a Vmax based Venture has also been rumored. Never should have let the GYpsy have that crystal ball back.

The rumor I heard has the following changes:

8 track tape deck (option)

6V electric system & generator

spark advance lever next to front brake lever

fuel/air mixture lever replacing clutch lever

foot clutch with shift lever on right side of gas tank

ABS drum brakes BOTH front & rear

cast iron rims

6 tube AM radio

steering damper knob

compression release lever

and kick start!

(but I don't believe the 6 cylinder two cycle engine part)

The reason I am asking is the GL1800 has realy caught my eye....

Now this is just something to think about...

In 08, I was riding a 99 Kaw Vulcan Classic. I was wanting a newer bike and was wanting to stay with Kawasaki. Unfortunately, Kaw no longer made a full dress Touring bike. The closest they had was the Nomad, which wasn't much more than what I already had. So, I asked a couple of dealers if there were any rumors about them coming back out with the Voyager. Both dealers said there were rumors, but that there are always rumors. 'It could be a few years if ever.' So, I went looking at other brands and bought my Venture. Sure enough, Kaw came out with their New Voyager!

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my choice, but....

craigr

In this economy and with the current state of the new motorcycle biz I think any thoughts of a new Venture is wishfull thinking. I wouldn't hold my breath for a new 2011..... Maybe 12 or 13...or....??

Probably right, Just wishing outloud I guess. Even if they came out with a new and improved version would it really be imprved or just different. anybody got my kind of miles on their bikes and are you starting to have trouble. I don't realy mean catostrophic just the agrivating stuff. Rattles oil consumption leaks etc. I know if I trde I will take it in the shorts due to milage but don't want to be going to the shop for piddly stuff all the time either. Seems mine is louder as time goes by, exaust note and the dreaded whine. The whine is gettting almost intolerable through the head set. When I'm one up I shut the IC off. But two up after about 150 miles I get that dead spot in my hearing from the high frequency whine. Guess its time to see about an "I" basket.

In this economy and with the current state of the new motorcycle biz I think any thoughts of a new Venture is wishfull thinking. I wouldn't hold my breath for a new 2011..... Maybe 12 or 13...or....??

I also think this is the most likely outcome. Give things some time to turn around and then come out with a Vmax based Venture. jmho.

Probably right, Just wishing outloud I guess. Even if they came out with a new and improved version would it really be imprved or just different. anybody got my kind of miles on their bikes and are you starting to have trouble. I don't realy mean catostrophic just the agrivating stuff. Rattles oil consumption leaks etc. I know if I trde I will take it in the shorts due to milage but don't want to be going to the shop for piddly stuff all the time either. Seems mine is louder as time goes by, exaust note and the dreaded whine. The whine is gettting almost intolerable through the head set. When I'm one up I shut the IC off. But two up after about 150 miles I get that dead spot in my hearing from the high frequency whine. Guess its time to see about an "I" basket.

The Mic Mutes will do away with the IC noise. Worth every penny.

http://mic-mutes.com/

The reason I am asking is the GL1800 has realy caught my eye. And although I have 3 years of waranty left by year end I should be in the 100k range so Im thinking by fall I should be looking to replace this Venture with another one or go on and get the GL. I suppose I just need to wait and see what is realeased in the fall. But then comes the GL for 2011 whats it gonna be 2000cc is rumored. But a Vmax based Venture has also been rumored. Never should have let the GYpsy have that crystal ball back.

Yeah, I played that game waiting on the new Voyager and ended up with the Venture. If you like the Wing - go for it. I just felt the Venture was a much better

choice for me. :thumbsup2:

I have two hang ups with the Wing. First is cost, they cost a considerable bit more and the warenty is just two years. second, and this is the biggie, foot position. Seems that even with the highway boards on I can,t get "right". Dawn says we need to rent one for the weekend and ride the hair off it then we will know for sure. She seems to allways have the right answers.

I have two hang ups with the Wing. First is cost, they cost a considerable bit more and the warenty is just two years. second, and this is the biggie, foot position. Seems that even with the highway boards on I can,t get "right". Dawn says we need to rent one for the weekend and ride the hair off it then we will know for sure. She seems to allways have the right answers.

That sounds like a good idea. I demoed one, but I just found it "hard". I don't know how to explain it. It just didn't feel right to me. It had the power though.

Maybe if I'd have had one for the weekend it may have made a difference. Price didn't stop me, it was only 600 more for the audio/comfort model than the Venture. Carolina Honda in Columbia, SC.

:080402gudl_prv:

Edited by Wanderer
add link

Navi is the one I want with ABS in blue color I guess thats an 09 tho. around 22k here but I only been to one dealer.

The blue '09 is a very sharp color. That is the one I would have gotten if I'd have gone that route. Can you rent one like you want? I was pretty disappointed in the selection of rentals the time I checked into it. Seemed like, if I remember, Harley's and Beemers was it.

The dealer told me its a pain because you cant alter the gps unless the kickstand is down. Other down side that you can't get ABS without it.(Not 100% sure on that though.)

You may be right. As I remember I told the salesman I was not interested in ABS.

Herb,

I don't have your kind of miles on mine, but from what I've heard, putting 150,000 + on these motors is no biggie. That's my plan anyway.

The warranty on the Wing is 3 yrs. You can purchase another 4 yrs at a reasonable cost.

My '06 is under warranty till 2013, paid for by the PO.:guitarist 2: