IGNORED

Caring less about how I look, more if I survive...

FutureVentures

I dunno, maybe it's age (45), or the cruising nature of the venture but I find year by year I am more worried about functional equipment and less worried about how cool I look.

Case in point, I just bought a Tourmaster 2 Pivot jacket, it's not leather.

See it here: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A6U9R2/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Tour Master Pivot Series 2 Jacket - Small/Yellow: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21sOC3lOcXL.@@AMEPARAM@@21sOC3lOcXL[/ame]

I got the yellow one.

I've been wearing my reflective vest in the early predawn trips to work, over my leather jacket. But I want to be more visible all of the time.

I mostly wear a full face helmet, switching to 3/4 white on warmer days. Always wear a helmet.

I just bought my first two pairs of Kevlar lined jeans and khakis (sliders and I love em).

But, I'm still an avid snowboarder so, I hope I'm growing up, not old!

Maybe it's the pilot in me (hang-gliders mainly) that knows, "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots...

:big-grin-emoticon:

I like it. I too have a yellow and black mesh armored jacket that I wear in the summer. And my helmet is yellow and black. Both were bought to go with my other bike, a gold and black Midnight Maxim, but I'm not worried about whether they clash with my green RSV. Kids make fun of me, but like you, I don't care. If people (cagers) can see me better then mission accomplished!

But, I'm still an avid snowboarder so, I hope I'm growing up, not old!

Growing up is a good thing as you get older.... growing out is not. Good on you for the new jacket it looks good......... much better than the viz vest! I got rid of my old black joe rocket and went for a newer M2R with the high viz piping at least..... But there is no way in the world you will get me to wear anything but a full face helmet...... I still miss Dale Earnhardt who would likely still be with us if he had worn one.

Had an accident almost 4 years ago to the day, went over the bars into a windshield and onto the pavement on the other side of the van that you guessed it turned left in front of me. I had an armor equipped jacket on and I'm here to say all my injuries were lower body. Maybe armor jackets aren't as cool as leather but they are number one in my book when it comes to picking out riding gear! By the way I like the yellow! :happy65:

What? you mean it's not safe to ride in a tshirt, shorts, flipflops and a nutshell that is not DOT? how about riding like a idiot lanesplitting at 90 wearing that?

That seems to be the uniform for the sportbike riders around here.

What? you mean it's not safe to ride in a tshirt, shorts, flipflops and a nutshell that is not DOT? how about riding like a idiot lanesplitting at 90 wearing that?

That seems to be the uniform for the sportbike riders around here.

Got the same kind of eejuts over here! I just think "skin grafts are gonna look good with that outfit"

Ride to Be Seen ****** Have had several friends over the years in serious accidents because a car pulled out in front of them. Usual "I didn't see you" comment......but the common denominator -- they were all on black/dark bikes wearing black plain clothing -- and just blended with the road. That's when I asked Quickstep not to ever ride a black bike or wear a plain black helmet, Please ride to be seen.

How ironic.

While I don't lane split, I do wear the tshirt, shorts, flipflops and a nutshell that is not DOT, and I don't care how I look or what other people think either.

To each their own.... :thumbsup:

How ironic.

While I don't lane split, I do wear the tshirt, shorts, flipflops and a nutshell that is not DOT, and I don't care how I look or what other people think either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

man, i have done that just to check something i did to the bike. up the road and back.

i felt naked with out my gear. i used to ride a rocket dressed like that with FF helmet. it was fun, i have to admit. i hope you always stay safe.

How ironic.

Live and let ride...

Yeah, I've ridden in shorts a couple times, short rides and man, does that feel weird! Kinda like if you've ever ridden a horse in shorts, not a good feeling either. To me, nothing feels as good as a pair of jeans (kevlar lined now) on the bike, just feels right.