IGNORED

Well I almost bit the big one

YoungBlood

I was riding home from work last night at about 10:30 on Hwy 122 (for anyone who is familiar with that road). Just past Boston, IN theres a 3 way stop sign, and I did my civic duty and stopped. When I took off from the stop sign, a car ran their stop sign and came blowing into the intersection at about 55 mph. I gunned it, ran my bike off the other side of the road into the ditch and back up the other side the road and the car only missed my ass end by a hair. I don't know how I got out of that one and I didn't even dump the bike.:scared:

I drew a little diagram to show you what that road looks like. When your sitting at the stops signs yo ucan just barely see the other stops signs and he wasn't at the stop sign yet so I couldn't see him. I was turning to the left and he was going straight here.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/fsatatkid/untitled.jpg

well originally it wasn't meant to be an intersection. But sometime in the 50's when abington road was taken over by st. rt. 122 they never straighted out the curve and made the intersection right. Instead they just added another curve to the other side.

I was riding home from work last night at about 10:30 on Hwy 122 (for anyone who is familiar with that road). Just past Boston, IN theres a 3 way stop sign, and I did my civic duty and stopped. When I took off from the stop sign, a car ran their stop sign and came blowing into the intersection at about 55 mph. I gunned it, ran my bike off the other side of the road into the ditch and back up the other side the road and the car only missed my ass end by a hair. I don't know how I got out of that one and I didn't even dump the bike.:scared:

Wow....anyone who rides Hwy 122 at night has to have nerves of steel!!

About like riding a blind roller coaster at night! Whooooeeeee!

:big-grin-emoticon:

Just curious, did the stop sign runner stop to see if you were ok?

Just curious, did the stop sign runner stop to see if you were ok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yah, right! they were haulin azz goin sum place not so special and really had all night to get there. If they cared, they wooda stopped at the stop sign.

Glad to hear your ok.

I always assume that they aren't going to stop and I check twice, sometimes three times before I actually get into a new lane. Although this didn't help me out last week when a driver changed lanes from a entrance ramp to rt 68 E. at a bout 35 mph. he dang near got me.

The penalties for running stop signs should be tripled.

The big guy must have been looking out for you.:2133:

Your shorts can always be washed:stickpoke:

Yea the guy never stopped, and from what I can tell he never even slowed down. I was a little shaken, and I don't think it was "good driving" on my part as much as dumb luck. I thought for sure when I hit the grass that I would be going over, but I figured I'd rather lay it over at 15 mph than to be hit by a 2000 lb steel bullet.

I didn't have to change my shorts, but I had to stop and take a breather before I kept on.