IGNORED

Motion Pro SyncPro - either I or it ain't right

GigaWhiskey

This thing or I are wanky.

I think I read the instructions correctly to calibrate it. I turned all the screws counterclockwise until they stopped and then turn clockwise to even them all out.

All looked good until I plugged each hose into each port on the bike. At 1k, #3 rose to the top (prolly some came through). Then a little later all four did the same thing.

All the restricters are int he hoses and at the carb boot end.

Tell me what I have done wrong here?

Well, it won't calibrate now. Adjusted the four calibration screws full counterclockwise on the sync tool, #3 is an inch from the top of the tube and the other three are just above 3/4's the way up the tubes.

I really did think this was a morgan when I ordered. I noticed it afterwards.

Well, it won't calibrate now. Adjusted the four calibration screws full counterclockwise on the sync tool, #3 is an inch from the top of the tube and the other three are just above 3/4's the way up the tubes.

I really did think this was a morgan when I ordered. I noticed it afterwards.

You want mine so you will have a pair just alike? :big-grin-emoticon:

This thing or I are wanky.

I think I read the instructions correctly to calibrate it. I turned all the screws counterclockwise until they stopped and then turn clockwise to even them all out.

All looked good until I plugged each hose into each port on the bike. At 1k, #3 rose to the top (prolly some came through). Then a little later all four did the same thing.

All the restricters are int he hoses and at the carb boot end.

Tell me what I have done wrong here?

My 10 year old mercury sticks still work great :) Synched mine up this weekend. It should almost be criminal that a dealer charges to do a sync. As easy as it is, they should do this as a courtesy.

You start with all screws turned completely counter clockwise. The way you calibrate it is to connect all four hoses to the little manifold that comes with it. Then you hook the manifold to one vacuum port. Start motorcycle and let warm up. Adjust the four screws down until all columns are equal near the bottom of the gauge.

Once it's calibrated you take out the manifold and hook each tube to one intake port. If you're out of sync they'll be at different heights. Adjust the sync screws to bring the columns back into alignment.

I worked with MotionPro last year. They sent me a "fixit kit" that let me actually use it once.

In this thread, I say how I went to V7Goose's and how he hooked it up to a vacuum pump. It performed so poorly that I've given up on it. When you work with a company to get a tool to perform it's best, and it is still bad, it's time to pitch it.

I'm getting a set with dials.

Dave

I hate to say it and there will be others here that wont agree with me (go figure) but for ease of operation, I will always use a Carbtune. I saw how the vac gauges worked when we were doing Massey 130's bike at MD and I dont like them 1 bit. Too much fiddling around with them for my liking. Hook my Carbtune up, set them level lines, and done

:2cents:

You start with all screws turned completely counter clockwise. The way you calibrate it is to connect all four hoses to the little manifold that comes with it. Then you hook the manifold to one vacuum port. Start motorcycle and let warm up. Adjust the four screws down until all columns are equal near the bottom of the gauge.

Once it's calibrated you take out the manifold and hook each tube to one intake port. If you're out of sync they'll be at different heights. Adjust the sync screws to bring the columns back into alignment.

I'll give this a try again. The only part I may have not done is "Adjust the four screws down until all columns are equal near the bottom of the gauge." I think I turned them down to the bottom and it was still wanky.

I have used the Morgan Carbtune and this one from sportingforless:

http://www.sportingforless.com/servlet/the-317/Carburetor-Synchronizer-carb-sync/Detail

The Carbtune is a nice compact tool, but the sportingforless setup has got it all in a nice carrying case. This also has restrictors built inline with the guage that smoothes out the needles. I now own one!

• 2 weeks later...
My 10 year old mercury sticks still work great :) Synched mine up this weekend. It should almost be criminal that a dealer charges to do a sync. As easy as it is, they should do this as a courtesy.

Speaking of Mercury sticks, mine are about 20 years old and I think some of the Mercury has evaporated over the years. They still work but I am getting air pockets in the columns during use. I don't think affects the accuracy, since you can hear the out of sync typically. Anyone know if you can you still get Mercury??

Sorry to HiJack

RSTDdog

I had the same problem with mine Motion Pro SyncPro. The issue is they use a grease to help make the seal with the screws in the tubes. I had mine suck the fluid right out of them. Called up Motion Pro to complain and they sent me the fixit kit with grease and new fluid and directions. Give them a call about it and they should send you the kit for free also.

If I was to buy another set of sticks, it wouldnt be these again. They worked fine once I fixed them, but I havent used them since last summer so who knows what will happen when I use them again. They one thing I did was to move them to my basement instead of leaving them in the garage over winter, so I hope them helps.

Good luck and call Motion Pro about it.

Rick F.

Speaking of Mercury sticks, mine are about 20 years old and I think some of the Mercury has evaporated over the years. They still work but I am getting air pockets in the columns during use. I don't think affects the accuracy, since you can hear the out of sync typically. Anyone know if you can you still get Mercury??

Sorry to HiJack

RSTDdog

Check with Big Daddy down your way. I sent him some and he should have had enough to fill up a couple of times.

RandyA

I spoke to MotionPro today and they are sending me out a repair kit at no charge. Nice people to talk to. Will see how that repair kit works out.

They are very nice, and their repair kit worked for me. Once. Now, again, crap. Hope it works better for you! :thumbsup:

Dave