IGNORED

Speaker's and Amplifier

Well here i go, going to atemp to install some ALPINE speakers and AMPLIFIER speakers are not going to be the problem its the amp im concerned about.End result Juke Box on 2wheels that holds over 2000 songs.:Venture: LOVE my tunes load and clear!!!!!

Well here i go, going to atemp to install some ALPINE speakers and AMPLIFIER speakers are not going to be the problem its the amp im concerned about.End result Juke Box on 2wheels that holds over 2000 songs.:Venture: LOVE my tunes load and clear!!!!!

i'm interested in seeing how it turns out?

mike

I'm interested too but not optimistic. In my opinion, adding amps and etc. will never be a success until we figure out how to install larger speakers. Though there are better speakers available, none seem capable of providing the range/bass that is necessary for a truly good sounding system.

Already tried that with 4 X 10's still the same sound. no chopping involved.

I also have had my eye on the above link for about a year now. but I keep

laying down until the feeling goes away, the price is pretty high. I have tried almost everything now to make to sound perfect on these bikes. nothing has worked so far.

the only help was switching over to Polk's, but that is a no brainier. I also run an AMP in my trunk that is 240 watts. that was installed a few years ago.

Jeff

Somebody here tried the Bazooka setup and it wasn't very good. Should be a thread about it somewhere here.

A buddy of mine put the Bazooka amp. and speakers on his 06 Black Cherry including the boom base. All I could tell was that it was louder but not anymore crisp.

:farmer:

Guest seuadr

http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=5

you fellas may want to browse that page :D

here's a 6'' woofer, too.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-MAXP64-6-5-Inch-Small-Enclosure-Subwoofer/dp/B001L5FQ0M]Amazon.com: Lanzar MAXP64 Max Pro 6.5-Inch 600-Watt Small-Enclosure 4-Ohm Subwoofer: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ZUZPAF8ZL.@@AMEPARAM@@31ZUZPAF8ZL[/ame]

i haven't looked inside a second gen fairing to see if it would fit, though.

these, too. i'm seriously considering going for these.. highly reviewed

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-07DS400-4-Inch-100mm-Speakers/dp/B001JE5SXU/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270687529&sr=1-15]Amazon.com: Kicker 07DS400 4-Inch 100mm Coax Speakers (Pair): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nouEDhd1L.@@AMEPARAM@@41nouEDhd1L[/ame]

none seem capable of providing the range/bass that is necessary for a truly good sounding system.

I agree with this statment but I am thinking the amp should give you clearer sound expecially at the higher volumes.

I have been interested in a amp as well hoping that the clarity would be better. No way to get more bass out of those little speakers.

Brad

Hi , I mention the Bazzuka system and I am very glad someone tried the system and kind of glad they did not like it.... too much money... but I ove my music on the road.

The last time I split my fairing I installed a set of Memphis coaxial speakers but I only have them in the front. They sound okay but I do not ever travel on expressways were there is a lot of roads noise, only on back country roads. I have set the fader 2 settings to the rear and things sound okay.

NOW.... has any tried to put a component speaker system on our bike ? Crossover, tweeter and midrange ? We are never going to get any bass out of 4 inch speakers and I am not willing to give up lugage space.

Who has been using ONLY water/marine/weather proof speakers ? Has anyone spent the money on "Goldwing" speakers ?

For about 30 years I have done most of my car audio systems and when I think about all the wire cutting to change the amp on my Venture... I just stop thinking about it... BUT... looking at the Bazzuka kit they say they have a "wire kit" for $20.00. So... then I start to think I would just purchase the kit and try to come up with a different amp and speakers.

BUT then my brain starts to hurt and I stop thinking about it.....

Cb

I think your biggest problem is going to be the stator output. Will it be enough to power the Amp for an extended period of time? Mine's a 1stGen, but when playing the tape deck on a recent trip, and testing a battery, toward the end of the day when starting the scoot it was really turning over slow. So I'd been in a neg. draw condition all day. Turned off the tape deck and the battery rebounded. An amp big enough to drive bigger speakers may have the same effect as the tape deck???

hi all

i have tryed amps speakers so far the best thing i have done is get a edset for 55.00 and some bose ear buds and that is all you need. no need to add amps speaker wires for a hole lot of mony that you could spend on chrome and its the best sound i have found i sampson mufflers that are loud and i can be on the interstate at any speed and have clean chrisp loud sound in my helmit will not go back so save some money and time get ear buds

bumble bee

1999 rsv

jax fl

kevin wisor

My solution was I bought a Sanyo Noise Reduction headset removed the earpiece from the headband and installed them in my ¾ helmet. Then I made an adapter to convert the 5 pin plug to a 1/8 stereo, now I just plug’n’play and it sounds great. The nice thing about it is that being in the helmet there is no wind noise to contend with, the sound is clear and crisp so I don’t have to have the volume as loud and I can still hear what is going on around me. Also, now that I have the 5 pin adapter if I choose to wear my ½ helmet I can plug in the ear-buds to the standard 1/8 stereo jack.

Total conversion, $60... for everything else there’s Master charge!

Is it true that running the tape deck will actually create a negative draw on one's battery? I bought the conversion tape to use my MP3 player and for the few times I've been out I've been pretty happy with it. It would concern me that the farther I go the weaker my battery may become.

Bill

Is it true that running the tape deck will actually create a negative draw on one's battery? I bought the conversion tape to use my MP3 player and for the few times I've been out I've been pretty happy with it. It would concern me that the farther I go the weaker my battery may become.

Bill

It is possible, as these bikes are getting older the compnents get weaker and things dont charge like they used to. Ive run my Cassette deck with an adapter for MP3 and I didnt have an issue. I also run 2 55w halogen clearance lights for visiblilty sometimes around dusk and at night on the hiway and Ive never had an issue on my 85. I think its something to try out and keep and eye on, if your system sounds weak and starts slow sometimes, you may have an issue with your power.

Brian

It is possible, as these bikes are getting older the compnents get weaker and things dont charge like they used to. Ive run my Cassette deck with an adapter for MP3 and I didnt have an issue. I also run 2 55w halogen clearance lights for visiblilty sometimes around dusk and at night on the hiway and Ive never had an issue on my 85. I think its something to try out and keep and eye on, if your system sounds weak and starts slow sometimes, you may have an issue with your power.

Brian

In my original post I said an inferior battery. Not many amp hours. With a good battery like a Deka AGM with tons of CCA's you can go into a neg draw and not experience any weakness unless you ran the tape deck everytime you got on the bike. In my case I was trying out an 'El Cheepo' AGM... always trying to save a buck and beat the system :) ... I ran the tape deck on the last Venture West all the way to SLO. I kept the tape on the next morning of the second day on the Hunter-Leggitt ride after stopping for gas in Paso Robles the bike barely turned over. So I turned the tape deck off to cut back on the electrical draw, and it did fire. Left the tape deck off and after lunch it fired right up...no problems... and none the rest of the trip as the batt started to build a charge again.

So if you have a good battery go ahead, don't worry about it, and Rock On!! :guitarist 2: