IGNORED

What will it take to be seen?

Terry Richardson

Yesterday morning our CMA chapter had its monthly chapter meeting. We had noticed our dear brother Pastor Gary Laird was not present at the start of the meeting. Within 30 minutes we recieved word a biker on a white Harley was down near by and started praying. A few minutes later we were informed our brother was the victim and was killed instantly because a cager failed to pay attention and turned in front of Garys white 2007 Harley Ultra Classic. Gary was a very safe rider, he had full protective leather and a full helmet. Despite his best efforts to protect himself, the careless driver a 1984 Lincoln towncar (tank) stole the life of a worth while individual. No charges were made at the time and the crash was listed a under investigation. His wife, family, friends and church will deeply miss this man of God but so will the patients at the nearby hospice he volunteered at weekly, the orphanges he supported in Mexico will have an uncertain future and so many more community organizations now have a void. I was first saddened and then angered at the local paper giving Gary 5 small lines and yet a cager crash nearly a quarter of a page. When will we cease to be second hand citizens? Sorry guys, I just had to vent and you guys are good at listening. :95:

Terry,

So sorry to hear about this loss. I read similar 2 weeks ago and right then I Ordered a Head Lite Modulator. There never is a 100% fix but this a move in the right direction. There are a few threads here just search "Modulator".

May god bless his sole and comfort the remaining family and friends.

It is not necessary that whilst I live I live happily; but it is necessary that so long as I live I should live honourably.

- Immanuel Kant

Your friend sounds as if he lived his life like this. I am so sorry for your loss. The problem of us and them is disparity of mass. That goes all so for whats between the ears.

Sorry to hear of Garys passing, didn't know him but he sounds like a great guy.

I'll definitely be in prayer for his family and the one that caused this. (Gary sounds like the kind of guy that would have done this)

Look for God's glory in this, I'll bet you find it..

i am also very sorry to hear of this loss.

the laws should be changed in my opinion, to vehicle manslaughter when this type of accident happens. drivers need to pay more attention while making a left turn and let them know that they will be charged with a criminal offence if they make a left turn and take someones life.

it seems to keep happening and nothing is being done to reduce this. when i started riding i was warned that this is a common thing that happens to motorcyclist. well, i have been licenced to ride a bike for 35 years and a few years ago, a driver made a left turn coming from the opposite direction in front of me. i am fortunate that i am still alive, got banged up, scrapes and have a bad hip now. she got a ticket that she fought and got dismissed. she should have been charged, in my opinion with attempted vehicle manslaughter.

this is also a reminder to all our members to keep alert while entering intersections

prayers go out to the family and all the people that this man has touched their hearts.

... to all of you and to his family. How sad to loose a 'just and upright man' who served so many so very well in the Spirit.

Prayers.

And for the gang: I am prepared to stop instantly at any intersection or where there is a side road with a box on it preparing to turn in front of me or across my lane. Best defense I know; I also flash my headlights very fast as I approach, and that seems to work, back up by three strobe lights, police motorcycle type, yellow and legal.

JackZ

Sorry to hear of the loss! It's such a shame to lose someone doing so much good! Yes, it's a common tragedy, the left turn head-on, It took the life of one of ours also. Prayers out for immediate and extended family.

Renne & Cookie

BSMC ret.

Thank you all for the condolences...as so many have said...it is comforting that we know Gary is with our Lord now but we grieve none the less not for Gary but for ourselves having lost such a friend down here. We grieve for his family who must now make major changes in their lives and adjust for his loss. We grieve for the many souls who will never feel Gary's love and kindness and generosity. There is so much to be done in these last days we cant afford to lose just one general in the Lords army. Thank you VentureRider family... you guys have been and always will be a blessing.

Terry (Big T)Richardson

CMA Maranatha Riders Vice President

Patriot Guard Riders Safety Officers

ABATE of Florida Member

P.S. Gary was also a member of the NW Florida Patriot Guard Riders.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend and fellow rider. When will it ever end?

My sympathies go out to the family, but in answer to your question.... It's not going to happen. There will always be 'left hand louies', and there will always be accidents... both auto and motorcycle. Most of the time when it's a auto vs auto they just bang each other up, exchange insurance info, and walk away. When it's a auto vs MC, fatalities happen. Nothing we do is going to change that, unless we all start walking... or riding a horse.. Car drivers are not going to continully be on the watch for motorcyclists no matter how big the awareness compaign, it's up to us to be vigilant, keep out heads on a swivel, and think ahead. Relax and you're dead.