IGNORED

Have bike tore down for a repaint

waterbug

Yes I am painting it myself, I am going with a pearl white tri coat and a pearl orange with some kind of black stripe or tribal between the colors. Its been along time since I have painted a bike and have never tore down a tour bike so this is kinda learn as you go on the tear down but its easier than I thought and alot easier than tearing down the german cars I work on all the time.

I'm right with you Kevin, my '99 is way stripped worse than yours. Looking forward to seeing how your turns out, myself I'm thinking of a Bronze/Copper color with a some irridecence in it for color change, I'm going to paint mine myself too if I can find the venue to do it...good luck with the project

:thumbsup2:

Hey Kevin,

Make sure you put up pictures as you go. I like the design you picked out.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs060.snc3/14754_1158061154534_1317916057_30435076_2803706_n.jpg

:thumbsup2:

Oh my, why didn't they replace the Tribals with the Look of Saw Chain ??

Thats my guide so to speak on the paint but I am not taking the engine and stuff out to paint the frame and my colors are a little diffrent. I will probably paint my wheels at wome point white like that I think. I think my next built will be a harley since I can get all kinds of stuff for them and not a thing for the venture. I wish we could get stuff for this bike!!!!

I am going to start painting on her today! I have to fix a nice dent in the tank today also since I had it sitting on a bench and some how the next morning it ended up on the floor. I was at the chicago IMS show and got some wizzard lights with a remote to put on her also, just have to figure out the best place to put them for the best effect. I will try to add some more pics but I dont have a clue how to down size them and they wont load but will keep trying.:fingers-crossed-emo

I got some of the parts painted in the pearl white sat morning and two coats of clear, now have to work on the orange and the small parts then work on the stripe. Its getting there hopefully I can have her painted and back together by spring if I remember how she goes together..

I cant figure out how to down load them and make them smaller yet to post any more pictures. I like bubbas bike but mine is newer and I didnt want all orange I have to be diffrent. I am sure someone will buy his bike soon its a great looking ride and he takes care of it.

I can't see any pics if you have posted any of what you have painted so far, but why don't you sell your bike and buy Bubba's. Almost sounds like the colors on his bike is what you are already painting. Probably come out w/ some $$$ in your pocket.

picture.php?albumid=600&pictureid=3684

I didn't know he was selling his bike Jerry! :confused07:

Bob,

He recently put it on the STAR swap shop. He like many others have had a hard time w/ the economy and all.

Kevin,

I think he will be around. The Indy STAR chapter just paid for another year for him. He reminds me alot of my own brother and always glad to see him.

I was thinking with your bike being newer if you sold it, you would come out ahead by buying Bubba's older bike (your bike is worth more on paper). I just saw the description of painting it orange and white and hadn't actually seen any of the pics yet. With that description I just thought, sounded alot like Bubba's bike so might as well buy his and save time/effort. For me things are always harder to visualize what it will look like until it is all put together. So for now will have to be in suspense until its' done and all put together.

Nothing wrong w/ being different. :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...