IGNORED

Great Ideas for weight loss

Hazenson

Thought Id start a post that we could share some of our ideas for losing those xtra pounds.

Honey-Ive started using honey whenever I can, the body can break it down better and is actually better for you then white sugar. A lil honey in my coffee and it tastes better to me now then the sugar. Honey is purely natural and good for you, with a long list of benifets.

Breads are bad! But if ya love breads try Slimwiches, There a lil thinner and may take getting used to but well worth the change- 100 calories for 2 peices.

Fiber! - this is a big one too-- Fiber will actually promote weight loss AND is a appitite suppresant, great fibers Ive put into my diet-- Chili's (beans), fiber 1 cereal (love it) etc

My hardest time is in the evening so I eat popcorn which isnt too bad and if cravings get bad Ill have a slimwhich with peanut butter and a lil honey, hmm it is like a treat to me.

I wore my leather vest to a friends this weekend and it was nice to take the snap chains off and be able to actually snap the front.

Please add your tricks or ideas, anything to make it easier is a big bonas in my opinoin--

And good luck !!!:detective:

Cook up some chicken thighs or breasts on a Sunday and have a piece in the more for breakfast. The protein in the chicken takes the body longer to digest and staying in the stomach loner. There for you don't get hungry as soon.

Also apples with protein help digestion and the better up take of nutrients

I've lost a little over 26 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months by doing a diet called "The God's Diet". It basically means if God didn't make it, don't eat it. Pretty much you're eliminating anything made with flour or sugar. I'm doing better with this than anything else I've tried. It's hard to complain too much when a steak and baked potato are a perfectly acceptable meal. I've also gone to eating off of 8 inch plates and that helps a lot too.

God's diet-- I like that, that sums it all up pretty well.

Banana's have a full day of potasium, and great idea-- I try to have one every morning.

Chicken has been my main meat, been using it in salads and almost everything else- wife has been making chicken chili - wow is it good- we have both made the comment that we may never go back to the old chili ever.

Water! lots and lots of water. And dont buy the bottled water- we bought a lil tap filter that works great- saves lots over buying bottled. Unless you have a filter system in your house then theres no need. We just added a water softner system to our water supply and now theres no need for the tap filter.

A lil friendly compition is good too- wife challenged me to contest this week to see who can burn the most calories. I told her that she dosnt stand a chance- Ive been doing my routine long enuff now that its become alot easier, but ill be gentle with her, Ill let ya's know the results 7 days from today lol :225:

......A lil friendly compition is good too- wife challenged me to contest this week to see who can burn the most calories. I told her that she dosnt stand a chance- Ive been doing my routine long enuff now that its become alot easier, but ill be gentle with her, Ill let ya's know the results 7 days from today lol :225:

Dude.....that is one contest I would let my wife win no matter how good I did!!! LOL :Laugh:

Diagnosed with diabetes a year ago I obviously had a big diet change (especially Coca-Cola) and 50 pounds later I can honestly say that ..... FOR ME ...... Big breakfast, medium sized lunch & small supper, then exercise after supper so I won't pig out in the evening and ruin my workout ..... worked out just fine, about 2-3 lbs a week off.

Expect to have setbacks, it ain't easy, but stick to it.... I lowered my carb numbers and increased the protein, and a morning and afternoon snack of fruit. (60 carbs per meal and 15 per snack are the Diabetes Rules- FYI)

Haven't been in 32 inch pants since grade 9 (from tight 38's) and I even got an "Atta boy" from the doc when I reached my goal of 154 lbs.

And GOOD LUCK FOLKS!!!:)

Best weight loss program - divorce!!

Didn't say it was a good program, just very effective. Lost 50+ lbs in about 4 months. Now that I have upgraded to Wife 2.0 for 6 years, gained it all back plus a few. Certainly don't want to go thru that diet program again though.

RR

Diagnosed with diabetes a year ago I obviously had a big diet change

This was a big motivater for me, doc said that if I didnt change my life style Id be looking at that too.

Congratzz Dunvilsteev! That is a hell of a nice job! You deserve a lot more then a that-a-boy! But then living longer and being heathier, and being able to RIDE longer is gonna be a pretty great reward. Stories like that are very motivating too.

Best weight loss program - divorce!!

This one Im gonna try to avoid, 23 years of marriage and I think we just came to far to turn back now. Besides I dont have another 20 years to train another woman ROFL!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The best things you can do for your health is to simply try to eat healthy and unstrap the couch from your a$$. Get off the computer and the video games. Get outside. Go ride a bike. Go fly a kite for crying out loud! Learn how to cook and stop buying all that junk that comes in boxes or bags for a "quick" meal. And stop going "out" to eat and avoid the fast food joints. A good home cooked meal really isn't that tough to make and doesn't take much longer, if any, to make that it does to cook a box of hamburger helper. And it tastes a hell of a lot better too. Learn what all that stuff on the labels means. It sucks that you practically have to have a degree in chemistry to decipher what it says on those labels. Learn how to spot the trickery that companies use to make you THINK your buying something that's better for you than it really is. Things like, "made with real fruit", when it's really made with fruit concentrate, which is actually just another form of sugar. There was an article on yahoo not to long ago about that. It just cinfirmed what I've been trying to tell people for some time.

One word of caution on bananas. They are a wonderful source of nutrition and a great food to eat, but most diets recommend you to stay away from them during weight loss. They have a high concentration of sugars so be aware if you are watching carbohydrates.

I keep trying to eat less, but the wife is such a good cook (honey are you listening?) just one plate is an insult! I have to go back for seconds.

I've found that if I DOUBLE the time it takes to finish that first plate, I really don't want another. In Basic, they used to tell us to chew each mouthfull of food seven times, count it out. That will slow you down and take your mind off shouveling in another mouthfull.

The trick is to get your stomach to say "I'm satisfied" before it gets over stuffed.

Now if I could just take my own advice.:bang head:

I dont know if I should even mention this and I dont wanna offend anyone here BUT, Im getting scared to eat out much anymore. I know that we all love our meet and eats but its getting bad in some places. A co worker and I sat down one day for lunch and were eating and chatting when he pulled a blue piece of plastic out of his mouth. No idea what it was, but I havnt been back. Another story (and this is the one I dont wanna offend anyone) My daughter is a boss at a very nice place and she was telling me this winter that one of there food preps has aids. Well I questioned her about it- I said well he must have to wear gloves and stuff right? She went on the defence for him and said no- ya cant treat them any different and aids is not contagious that way. I told her I know that and Im not being mean but maybe thats not the best position for him there.

We've all watched the hidden camera shows where people pee in the soup and stuff so it just scares the hell ut of me. Like I said not trying to start nothin here but its another reason for me to eat out less.

Had a major reflux problem in late October stemming from being about 35 lbs overweight, so I started the MediFast meal replacement plan (http://www.feelbetterfast.tsfl.com), and by Christmas I had lost 22 lbs. It's not a diet, but a way to understand how to throttle back on the things that make you hungry to begin with - - namely sugar and carbs. I eat 6 times a day, about every 2 1/2 hours (or there about), and eat only smaller portions of higher protein, low carb foods (meat, cheese, eggs, fish, nuts, etc.). I have one larger "lean & green" meal in the afternoon or evening. The trick is to keep your insulin pump at bay so you won't experience the spikes in hunger. I just needed to get off the sugar-based rollercoaster. I've not hit my goal weight yet, but I feel 100% better, look better, get lots of positive comments on my smaller belly, and really don't feel like I am dieting.

The things I miss sometimes are beer (but I do enjoy one or two on the weekend), Reesee cups, Fretoes, really soft fresh bread, and fruit. But you can't lose the pounds unless you make a few sacrifices.

Some good ideas in theis thread to bad it stopped. Either way the main think i have learend is that life is not a diet. We are what we eat and i have finally learned to enjoy many of the good healthy food choices out there. As of June i have gone from 272lbs to 190lbs. I fell much better and have made my doctors happy.

Biggest problem now is the same people who always said your fat now say to skinny. A good part of my weight loss goes to one of my 10 year old grand-daughters for reach up and tapping my 48 weaist and saying to me ( Grandpa you have way to much junk in your trunk)

it helps doing it for yourself first as well as thoes you love.

lots of luck to all that try

If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to make a lifestyle change. Just a diet won't do it. It's not easy. You need to eliminate all grains and sugar from your diet. Corn is a grain and very bad for you. During the Regan administration the government was looking for a cheaper alternative to sugar. Someone came up with high fructose corn sugar which is made from corn. It is cheaper and ten times sweeter so you will see it in almost all foods and drinks today. Even regular sugar, sucrose sugar, is better for you than high fructose corn sugar. Sugars are simple carbohydrates processed by your body in the same manner as grains. That is, any excess sugars in your body are converted by insulin and subsequently into fat and just like grains, Americans are consuming an enormous quantity of sugar. In the past two decades in the US, sugar consumption has increased by over 30%. The average per person sugar intake is now 175 pounds per year. That's 300,000 calories per year or 800 calories per day from sugar. The average american is consuming well over 3,000 calories per day including over 20 teaspoons of added sugars. The most common intake of sugar is soda. Eliminating soda is one of the best steps you can take to improve your health. In addition to soda there are high sugar culprits disguised as "healthy" by food marketers like: fruit drinks, fruit beverages and fruit punch which contain anywhere from 1% to 40% of fruit juice but which contain loads of sugar, usually high fructose corn syrup. A good book to read is: Take Control OF Your Health by Dr. Joseph Mercola.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to make a lifestyle change. Just a diet won't do it. It's not easy. You need to eliminate all grains and sugar from your diet. Corn is a grain and very bad for you. During the Regan administration the government was looking for a cheaper alternative to sugar. Someone came up with high fructose corn sugar which is made from corn. It is cheaper and ten times sweeter so you will see it in almost all foods and drinks today. Even regular sugar, sucrose sugar, is better for you than high fructose corn sugar. Sugars are simple carbohydrates processed by your body in the same manner as grains. That is, any excess sugars in your body are converted by insulin and subsequently into fat and just like grains, Americans are consuming an enormous quantity of sugar. In the past two decades in the US, sugar consumption has increased by over 30%. The average per person sugar intake is now 175 pounds per year. That's 300,000 calories per year or 800 calories per day from sugar. The average american is consuming well over 3,000 calories per day including over 20 teaspoons of added sugars. The most common intake of sugar is soda. Eliminating soda is one of the best steps you can take to improve your health. In addition to soda there are high sugar culprits disguised as "healthy" by food marketers like: fruit drinks, fruit beverages and fruit punch which contain anywhere from 1% to 40% of fruit juice but which contain loads of sugar, usually high fructose corn syrup. A good book to read is: Take Control OF Your Health by Dr. Joseph Mercola.

Corn is also high in Omega 6 fats which we eat way to much of in this country. Need more Omega 3 either from fish or green leafy type foods. Animals get fat up on corn in the winter Omega6 do the same to us. The big companies keep coming up with new twists on food products ie corn/soy. Farm animals eating corn type products/animal byproducts/antibiotics instead of the grass they used to eat. The biggest thing I found for me is eating more natural foods and less overall food. I work out alot but that doesnt help much if the diet I eat isnt there. Just eating less calories overall for me is the biggest thing which lords knows is hard for me to do.