IGNORED

Which free email server is best?

MamaMo

Gmail. I have Yahoo too, but their spam filtering stinks in comparison. They lost me too when they charged for POP access and for increased capacity that was still smaller than gmail. Maybe they've improved, but the thought that Yahoo could become another branch of Microsoft....

And these days, my google stuff syncs directly with my Android phone.

It's a no-brainer for me. Good luck with your decision.

Dave

Never really liked server based e-mail up till now . Got my Motorola Droid and have 4 e-mail accounts (POP3) all forwarded to Gmail . Droid uses Google/Gmail , so I always have a backup with e-mails and it sync's all my cellphone contacts . Also to add , all accounts are forwarded to my Outlook Express too on my laptop . I also have my Gmail set up to send mail from my BEER30@meangene.us default account rather than " username "@gmail.com .

With my Droid , I can access from the Gmail app or log onto it with my browser for more features .

BEER30

Guest tx2sturgis

I use Fastmail.fm, along with gmail and yahoo.

Fastmail DOES have a free service, but for only $4.95 a year, you can get POP/IMAP, no ad taglines, and some choices of domain, and other stuff.

I have had yahoo for many years and dont really have an issue with it. 1 thing I will say is that here on the site a lot of our spammers use the Gmail accounts and I get a lot of spammers through craigslist on Gmail, so I'm not a big fan of it

:no-no-no:

My Primary (POP) is BellSouth, as that comes with my DSL, but I also have a NetZero account which I use mostly when I order stuff online. That keeps down the Spam on my BellSouth account. Oh and I have a leftover (Free) AOL account too, but I don't use it much anymore. Probably should cancel it.

Guest Ken8143

I've been using Juno - it is very basic but OK for me. Don't get a lot of spam but you do get stuff from marketers approved by Juno. Not too bad though