IGNORED

What u Think?

star4772

According to their spec sheet they claim that this bike does NOT have a warranty and they are offering an extended warranty for extra cost ill assume. All Royal Stars have a 5 year transferrable warranty. You may want to look into this before you make an offer.

According to their spec sheet they claim that this bike does NOT have a warranty and they are offering an extended warranty for extra cost ill assume. All Royal Stars have a 5 year transferrable warranty. You may want to look into this before you make an offer.

It says it has a 1yr warranty if factory is 5yr then it should have it correct?

Thanks

Chances are that the person that entered the information fo rthe EBAY listing was clueless about the 5 year warrenty on the Royal Stars. All Royal Stars from 1996 to 2010 have come out of the factory with a 5 year. Yes the Tour Deluxe has the same motor as the Venture.

The book value for a used 2008 at Kelly Blue Book is $10,255.00, at NADA it is $10,855.00, the original list value on that model was $14,999.00 acording to NADA.

I would call or email them about the warrenty statment in the listing, just in case this a factory to dealer auction vehicle. I have been told by a dealer in Arkansas that at the end of the model year the factory will auction off what ever stock has not been delivered to the dealers that projected they would order and sell them. I can not substantiate this statement, but I was told that some of them are auctioned without any warrenty. Not sure why that would be the case, but I have no reason to doubt the person that told it to me.

Not sure if you are wanting that specific color or just that model year, there is a 2008 Tour Deluxe listed on Cycle Trader for $9,999.00, it is here in Florida, so it is a bit further away from you than the one in NV on EBAY. That bike listed on Ebay is listed on Cycle Trader.

See the link below for the one listed in Lakeland, FL.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2008-YAMAHA-Royal-Star-Tour-Deluxe-94614060

Edited by M61A1MECH
inserted link

Star 4772,I bought my 2007 RSTD new right out of the crate for 10,900 from Xtreme Powersports in Powhaten,Ohio on May 31,2008.I've seen new RSTD's in the crate listed for as low as 9999.00 from e-bay retailers.For the price listed,you should be able to get a Venture,and I've seen Ventures listed for less.Usually the buy-it-now price is the price they want and won't sell till they get it.I had a very good buying experiance at Extreme,everthing went very smoothly.I would try to get a report on the dealer you want to deal with from someone who has dealt with them before.Once you decide on the bike you want and buy it, and enjoy it.There will always be better deals down the road,but if you like the bike you have you have,then its a deal that did'nt get away from you.Herb.

It's not worth what they are asking, you can buy a used '08 RSV for about the 12k mark right now. The RSTD is a nice bike, but without all the bells and whistles the RSV has I wouldn't give much more than $10500

:2cents:

Hey Brad thats what I was thinking about 10-10500. Just looking for what I can get for the money you know?

Joe

The picture is a Royal Star but the header says V star. Somebody doesn't even know what they have. A V star is a much smaller Vtwin.

Actually V-stars come in a variety of sizes, all V-twins. 250 air cooled, 650 air cooled, 950 air cooled, 1100 air cooled, and 1300 liquid cooled.

I'm with you Buddy, never hurts to ask, you KNOW folks will tell you what they think here

:whistling:

Sure we will, I'll tell you I REALLY like my 06 Black Cherry RSV, it was a great deal and I know the two previous owners......right Joe? Good to see you're looking again.

They have it on their website at $12,699. It definitely is an RSTD, not a VStar. And dealers wonder why we talk bad about them. They don't even know what they are selling.

Like the others said, the $10k range should be about right if you don't mind driving a few miles to find the right dealer. Or save a couple thousand more on a low miles used one. You'll still have the remainder of the 5 yr warranty. The deals are out there!

Actually V-stars come in a variety of sizes, all V-twins. 250 air cooled, 650 air cooled, 950 air cooled, 1100 air cooled, and 1300 liquid cooled.

Even the biggest of them doesn't compare to the size of a RSV or RSTD. They feel like a toy to me after riding the RSV. That isn't a bad thing. I like smaller motorcycles except for touring.