IGNORED

Vmax in Venture clothing?

helomech

How about putting a Vmax motor on a Venture???

Keep the Venture transmission and rearend, for higher fuel milage, and the Vmax powerplant to get up to speed quicker.

OR is there information out there that shows the diffrences between the motors????

TOO Much HP, is not enough!!!!!!

Guest Old Iron Rider

Keep the Venture transmission and rearend, for higher fuel milage, and the Vmax powerplant to get up to speed quicker.

OR is there information out there that shows the diffrences between the motors????

I know little or nothing about the differences in these motors but it seems to me that by just changing out the cams on the Venture motor would be the simplest, cheapest, and easiest way to go to get more HP. I did this on my Harley it was a night and day difference. Just my .02

That's what I meant when I said powertrain. That stuff has all been done, complete engine swaps, engine internals, transmission, drives, and induction systems. What I'm interested in is if anyone has figured out how to set up a vmax with a venture's fairing and bags. Not that I plan to try it, but I think it would be an interesting project.

Not that I plan to try it...

I'm rather glad to hear you say that. If you build something that custom, you had better like it, because no one else wants what you built and you'll never be able to sell it for anything. Check out this custom V Max that someone is trying to sell right now. Ebay item #280158011462.

Guest Red Raider

I think I'll just hold off a few years to see if the new "Otodama" V4 engine winds up in the RSV and RSTD.

I told the local dealer that's what I would like to see and he went into this long speel about how the bikes with these powerful drivetrains were designed for high speeds and the old Royal Star was not. I told him I was interested in the 1800 V4, not so I could go 150mph on RSTD, but so I would have more than enough fuel injected power to roll that big frame down the road at 80 mph and get excellent gas milage (needs 6 speeds)

I said nobody thinks the 1800 boxer engine is too much power for a Wing, but that damn Wing gets a lot better gas milage than my RSTD...

Greg

Yes, but for what? That thing wouldn't be good for long distance riding.

I disagree. The Vmax, if setted for personal Preferences, is capable of very good long Distance riding. I've done 3 or 4 times 600 Miles per Day Rides my self, i know a Lot of Guys and one Gal that have done the same or more when going to a Meeting or Holidays in the Alps.

Ok, for me in Stock setup, no Chance for long Distance. The Pegs are too far upfront and the Handlebar is too high in the Air. I ride Rearsets, Flatbar and a custom made Fibre Backend, which gives me a one Inch higher Position above Ground.

As or the original Question...

I don't think it would be easy to venturize a Vmax. Front End is quite different, also the rear Swingarm of the Venture is more stable than the Vmax Swingarm. Frame is looking quite similiar, but i've never had two Frames side by Side to compare them. It just makes no Sense.

Maxxing out a Venture is a Dream for me. 1300cc Venture Engine, Vmax Heads and Cams, Aftermarket Exhaust, EFI and naked Look would give a real unique and mean looking Bike with Lots of Power and a real Winner, on a Show and at the Redlight.

btw, mechanically, a Vmax Engines fits bolt on in a Venture, only different Thing is Shiftshaft and Linkage, electrical is different Story, but nothing too bad.

As for the ebay bike mentioned earlier, all I can say is that that I'm glad Yamaha didn't go that direction... Yuck, -- good luck to the seller on the 3g's. It might be worth it to part out though.

I guess the consensus is that it would be very difficult, but I like the idea of a touring vmax. For some reason the idea exites me. I guess that's one of the resons I am unsure if any of the touring 'bling' parts will be reinstalled after paint this winter. I've gotten used to the naked look, often with the trunk removed and sometimes the bags off as well. It feels really fast with the extra weight removed too.

That's still not quite it, but I like it a lot better than the ebay bike mods.I guess my vision will just have to live in my head until I can figure out how to do it myself. I think the modded Venture is most likely the direction I shall pursue when cash becomes more plentifull. Think Venture with bags and guards removed, (but still usable when touring), a bob tail rear fender....

:scratchchin:

For now, I'm gointo keep working on the paint scheme

http://homepage.mac.com/helomech/.Pictures/MySmileys/airbrush.gif

Well I think the FJR1300 should have been the 2nd gen Ventures. All their missing is a trunk.:2cents:

The biggest Difference to a real good Bike is the Missing of a real Motor ...

This 4Cyl. Inline is a bad Joke. Every V4 Motor, even the 2Gen's have Way more Torque on 2000 RpM than a FJR1300 at the Best.

Ok, this Thing is fast, no Question, but the Tank is getting real hot and the Motor is not pulling.

The biggest Difference to a real good Bike is the Missing of a real Motor ...

This 4Cyl. Inline is a bad Joke. Every V4 Motor, even the 2Gen's have Way more Torque on 2000 RpM than a FJR1300 at the Best.

Ok, this Thing is fast, no Question, but the Tank is getting real hot and the Motor is not pulling.

Huh? The FJR pulls like a Busa. They are torgue monsters........ :no-no-no:

Huh? The FJR pulls like a Busa. They are torgue monsters........ :no-no-no:

I've ridden them both, all i can say, the Misses and me do not like the Busa and the FJR.

The Misses from Room and Comfort, for me because the Engines, the FJR is a bad Joke, the Busa is better in those Matters, but too much revving for me to get them both going.

Well I just liked the looks of it. I kind of thought it looked more like a 1st gen than the 2nd does. I haven't taken one for a ride so I can't comment on its performance or handling. I'm sticking with my 1st gen just the same.

I love my 1st gen:bighug:I love my 1st gen.