IGNORED

Our son is being deployed...

b2dad

Our youngest son, Jason(Air Force pilot) is being deployed to Afghanistan in March to fly reconnaissance. He leaves in February to train on a new plane...NC12. The civilian plane is the King Air 350.

This is his 3rd military plane to fly. He started out flying the B2 Stealth. He currently was a pilot instructor for the T 38.

Some of you have met him as he rides a ZX 1400 and has rode to some of our meet n eats, especially to St. Jude's and to Snarley Bills at St. Charles.

We support him and all our military and pray for their safe return home.

Don and Pat

If Uncle Sam (US Army) ever decides if I'm going to Afghanistan or Hati soon, I will look him up in Afghanistan. This would be a return to that place since 2003 nearly 7 years ago...GHEEEEZ It is 95% better now than in 2003. As a Commo CPT I connected USAF with Amry Troops on the ground who needed Air Support (LUV THOSE GUYS) :)

US Army

Major

Signal Corps

Afghan Combat Vet 2003

RSV-2008 Black Cherry

We do not feel bad for him...he VOLUNTEERED. Pat did not deal with that very well at first...but we certainly understand that yes, this is what he signed up for when he joined the AF. He is very passionate about his flying (and bike riding). This is his career. As a parent, you sometime have conflicting emotions...can't be helped. But we are always proud and supportive.

As a footnote: his best friend that he grew up with is also going there. He joined the AF about a year before Jason and is stationed in Fla. Neither knew the other was going (or had volunteered) and now they will be stationed at the same base. Coincidence????

Mini muffin:

He knows where he's going but I didn't write it down...will check with him next time we talk and let you know.

I think this is a new program for the AF and his plane will be brand new. Will keep you posted as soon as I speak to him again.

No problem you can just tell him where muffin is, in case he's in the area. Oh and in a few months they are talking about moving them all again to another base. Not sure it'll happen but ya never know. Can't remember the name of the other base but it's about 6 miles from Iran's border. Oh and the worst part would be no chow hall only MRE's. Muffin could lose weight there or I'd just have to send more food. :)

Margaret

I appreciate what your son is doing for this country and I appreciate you as the parents for raising such a selfless young man and the leadership you gave him to become such a hero. Any one serving or that has served in the American armed services is a definate hero of the highest caliber to me.

SALUTE!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::happy65::happy65:

Tell Jason thanks for his service, he is an extraordinary young man and passionate about his job. I feel honored to have met and ride with him, our prayers will be with him, you and Pat. I can understand how she feels, my brother did the same thing when he went to Nam, he volunteered, and that didnt make her any to happy either.

And remind him to check his six..............

Our youngest son, Jason(Air Force pilot) is being deployed to Afghanistan in March to fly reconnaissance. He leaves in February to train on a new plane...NC12. The civilian plane is the King Air 350.

This is his 3rd military plane to fly. He started out flying the B2 Stealth. He currently was a pilot instructor for the T 38.

Some of you have met him as he rides a ZX 1400 and has rode to some of our meet n eats, especially to St. Jude's and to Snarley Bills at St. Charles.

We support him and all our military and pray for their safe return home.

Don and Pat

don and pat, as you know, jason is on my life time list of heroes. and he rides a real motorcycle. what more can i say. linda and i hope the best of luck to him, and will be praying for his safe tour of duty in afganastan. toaster is working great. see you soon my friend. bill :2133: